PDA

View Full Version : 1500 speed freaks

senna
08-20-2012, 01:43 PM
hi everyone, im a huge f1 fan and was thinking why not build a comedy ork f1 team army. i;m thinking of using battlewagons as support lorrys, warbuggys will be completly unique and each based n a current f1 car with an ork touch ( Squigiams). please feel free to suggest any changes.
hq- wazzdakka
troops: 5 warbikers, nob ,power claw
5 warbikers, nob , power claw
20 boyz, nob ,power claw
20 boyz, nob , power claw

fast: 3 warbuggies
3 warbuggies all with twin rokkit
3 skorchas
hvy 2x battlewagons, 4 big shootas
battlewagon, kill kannon

incenerate101
08-20-2012, 01:52 PM
In my experience Warbikers are not worth their points in small units because everytime i see them on the field of battle they get blown away first turn. Consider combining your 5 man squads into a large 10 man this way you have enough wounds to get across the board and still have enough units left to smack down whatever you assault with them! Hope I helped!

senna
08-20-2012, 01:56 PM
thats a good idea, strength in numbers is never a bad thing. thankyou

Judgeman
08-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Hey man, your idea for a F1 inspired ork army sounds great! I'm a big fan of Speed Freaks myself and hope you can get some pics up of warbuggies complete with orky sponserships and such when they're complete :D

I've used Wazzdakka a few times myself though he's never done anything a Warboss on a bike could've done better. Along with the Warboss comes the chance to field a unit of Nob bikers as troops which should really be considered in any army.

I'd also suggest making use of deff rolla's on your battlewagons as they make a great anti-tank option in an army that generally lacks a way to reliably deal with AV14

Hope this helps and good luck with the project :)