PDA

View Full Version : Double Bolster?

Moros
08-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Can two techmarines both bolster the same terrain piece to give it a +2 to cover?

da_WaaaghMaster
08-19-2012, 08:51 PM
Wait, you're playing with two Techmarines? :eek:

Answer:
No. A ruin can only be bolstered once.

Moros
08-19-2012, 09:37 PM
you got a page number or FAQ reference for why you can only bolster a piece once?

And no, but my friend was wondering if you could :)

da_WaaaghMaster
08-19-2012, 10:02 PM
No, sorry I don't have a codex at hand. If I can find one of my marine codices I'll get back to you.
I just remember it only works on ruins, and that said ruin can only be bolstered once.

Edit: Could only find my BA codex, but I'm assuming a techmarine is a techmarine.
pg. 39 Bolster Defences; pretty much exactly what I said :)

Moros
08-19-2012, 10:40 PM
Yeah, thats the only reference I had on hand as well... the BA codex. And honeslty there isn't anything in there on page 39 that would stop multiple techmarines from bolstering the same ruin. All it says is each techmarine can bolster a single ruin... not a single ruin can only be bolsters or the like.

DarkLink
08-19-2012, 10:41 PM
The wording is actually different from codex to codex, but I believe it functions the same.

da_WaaaghMaster
08-19-2012, 10:45 PM
Last sentence of Bolster Defenses in my BA codex is pretty clear.
Here it is:
"A ruin can only be bolstered once"
It doesn't say "once per techmarine"

Moros
08-20-2012, 08:26 AM
wow, my BA codex doesn't say that in it? this is really weird?

Kevlarshark
08-20-2012, 09:36 AM
Are you really struggling to make your Marines more survivable to shooting?

The new core rule book in the special rule section states "Unless specifically stated, a model cannot gain the benefit of a special rule more than once."

Its not specifically stated that 2x techmarines gives a stacking benefit so unfortunately no "super ruins" for marines.

There is nothing to say 2x Techmarines cannot bolster two different ruins though.

Moros
08-20-2012, 09:47 AM
No, I'm not looking personally do anything with it. It was just a question that came up at our club night. It is very odd that my BA codex doesn't have that written in it.

Although, its not the first time i've seen something like that I guess. My CSM codex has a different printing on rhinos than some other people's. Weird is all, ok well I have my answer thank you!