PDA

View Full Version : 2K / 2000 Point Chaos Space Marine Army List

stpwnage
08-18-2012, 01:18 PM
Chaos space marines army

Tournament ready

Entering a tournament where allies are banned, forgeworld is banned. FOC is exploitable so here we go

HQ
Demon Prince - 185 Points
Wings
Tzeench
Doombolt
Warptime

Demon Prince - 185 Points
Wings
Tzeench
Doombolt
Warptime

Demon Prince - 155 Points
Slaanesh
Lash

Demon Prince - 155 Points
Slaanesh
Lash

Troops

9 Khorne berserkers - 319 pt
2 plasma pistols
champion with power fist
Rhino / demonic posession and dozer blade

9 Khorne berserkers - 319 pt
2 plasma pistols
champion with power fist
Rhino / demonic posession and dozer blade

5 Plague marines - 165 pt
flamer
melta
rhino

5 Plague marines - 165 pt
flamer
melta
rhino

Heavy support

Chaos Defiler - 175 pt
lascannon
havoc

Chaos Defiler - 175 pt
lascannon
havoc

After comfirming some rules for daemonic posession we came to the conclusion that demonic possessed vehicles are now granted the Daemon special rule, confirmed by the Grey Knight 6th edition FAQ.

Defilers and rhinos both getting the 5+ invul save and fear special rules.

Tactic is pretty straight forward, I'll be rolling on the psychic table for abilities depending on who I am versing. In the CSM FAQ it states that psychers can chose any psychic discipline if they wish.

Ill be pushing forward with the 2 rhinos with the 2 tzeench DP's in front granting 4+ cover saves to the rhinos behind them. Once they take some hits Ill have them behind and hopefully the 5+ invul works well, if not ignoring shaken and stun might. I'll be jumping in, dual lashing and dropping 4 pie plates on them, casting whatever psychic abilities I can then multiple assaulting with zerkers and 4 demons.

PM's will sit back with the defilers in their rhinos probably covering rear armor then cap points at the end of the game.

Denzark
08-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Remember the DPs are FAQ'd as Jump infantry not FMC - so utility less. They will kark it to torrent of fire.

With 2 FOCs you can do a lot better.

stpwnage
08-18-2012, 03:21 PM
lol you cant just say you can do better without examples, so come on bring on your FOC exploting army

the jeske
08-20-2012, 11:50 AM
For example
by not taking tzeench DPs with warp time and bolt , but giving your other 2 DPs wings to make them faster , so your army doesnt move in 3 waves.
by not giving flamers and melta to pms but plasma .
by not buying a high cost upgrade for av11 transport that can easily get glanced to death . and inv+5 sucks to have it actualy save something means the rhino got shot up enough to either get blown up or glanced to deat.
by not giving your zerker champs i1 weapons when there are no HQs in those units and not runing hth only units in rhinos in 6th ed . runing 10 man MoS 2 plasma csm is both cheaper and doesnt force that 1 turn of doing nothing you get from berzerkers[+2plasma guns >2 plasma pistols].
by not giving bs 3 lascannons and havocks , when they can only use one of those weapons or the battlecannon they have.
by not taking av12 stuff , unless you run 4-6 of them . specialy when you are trying to run lash and plasma is king in 6th . so again oblits > everything else. + oblits way better against flyers then defilers.
Stuff like that.

Filthspew
08-21-2012, 10:17 AM
Here are my thoughts:

Your army is scitzofrenic :rolleyes:
Is it assault, is it mobility, is it staying power?
Your units work in different ways and it will be difficult to keep your forces coherent.
It will be relatively easy to chew this list up in segments, divide and conquer you know.

You can not assume that Demonic Possession counting as a Demon for the purpose of rules in another codex means they recieve the Demon USR. If they did, it would be in the CSM FAQ.

Even if it was so, 20 pts to give 5++ on a 35 pts rhino is just not worth it.
Just get more!

DPs should be kept cheap.
Warp time is no good, read the FAQ. Reroll all or none, not just failed rolls.
Lash needs to pass psychic check, then hit, then pass Deny the Witch. Only 64% to go through at best.

Berzerkers in Rhinos are no good, as they can not charge out of the rhino.

Plague marines in 5 are good with 2 plasma or melta and in rhino.
But its very expensive for two guns at BS 4.
Want guns in armor, get them cheaper on armor.

Defiler setup is loaded with obsolete options that can not be used at the same time.
Lascannon is way too expensive.
If you want the range option ( I do) then go Reaper for free and extra DCCW.

If you want to abuse the double FOC with Lashes, go four Lash DPs and max out on heavy slots with Defilers, Vindicators and Obliterators. Whatever is your favorite.

Or just as many rhinos with 10 CSM you have pts for, then bolter them to death :cool:

SacredChao
09-03-2012, 02:00 AM
As the other poster said, Daemonic Possession does not impart the "Demon" special rule. It lowers your ballistic skill and makes you ignore shaken and stunned. Grey Knights FAQ states what counts as a Daemon for the purposes of their rules, but that doesn't make any of those actually Demon Special Rule.

While the Flying Daemon Prince ruling is kind of contentious, the choosing of psychic powers is a bit different than what you were saying. You choose to either use the Codex Powers OR the BRB Powers, and only from Telepathy, Telekinesis, and Pyromancy. But I do believe you can choose Codex or BRB before each game. Though even with all the changes to Lash, it is still good.

The Defilers need to be kept to 150 points. With Vehicles and Ordnance, anything firing at the same time as the Battlecannon will be snapshots... except the Havoc launcher can't fire at all.