PDA

View Full Version : 2,500 Tomb Kings First Fantasy tournament

Piratingwerewolf
08-18-2012, 04:31 AM
Hi, this is my first time posting on this site and I thought I would ask for help right away with my Tomb Kings list for a local Tournament. I would like it to be all comers and the players are pretty tough opponents. Any advice would be appreciated since I just pretty much use what I enjoy playing with or what I think looks cool :D.

level 4 liche high priest with dispel scroll(hierophant)
Tomb King on chariot with shield sword of strife and armor of destiny(general)

2 units of 6 chariots with full command
30 skeleton archers with master of arrows
5 skeleton horse archers

Warsphinx with fiery roar
3 Ushabti with Bows
Tomb Scorpion

2x casket of souls
Necrosphinx

Thanks for taking a look! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Chronowraith
08-18-2012, 08:09 AM
Okay, overall I like most of the list and the units you selected. A few tweaks though;

You really need a ward save on your hierophant. Even if you never plan on him moving forward your opponent will move towards him. If he dies, your army will quickly disintegrate. So work out the points to purchase a talisman of preservation. A good ward save on him is more important than on your general even.

Chariots are great... I love taking large units of them.

The skeleton archers either need to lose a few in number or be split into two separate units. Also, don't upgrade to the champion, it's not worth it for one shot at BS3 with a S3 bow.

Ushabti aren't worth it in any form and the ones with bows are probably the worst. You are far better off with Necropolis Knights.

So to sum up,

Get a ward save on your hierophant (you may also want to check out the earthing rod too)
Split or reduce in number the sksleton archer unit and drop the champion
Swap the Ushabti for Necropolis Knights

This army isn't too far off from my own list that performs well at the local tournaments.