PDA

View Full Version : Night fighting Rules...

outlawQc
08-17-2012, 01:18 PM
Hey me and my mate keep wondering if the cover of the night fighting is still applied even when your in a open field and if yes does it reduce your base save armor... ?? ( example : i have a squad of Necron Warrior in a open field with no cover arround them but its the night fighting round...Does my NW have the Stealth rule applied because im more than 15'' from hes heavy bolter so i would have a +3 save instead of my normal +4 ??) Thank you

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
08-17-2012, 01:30 PM
If you're in the open and have Stealth, you get a 6+ Cover Save. If you're in the open and have Shrouded, you get a 5+ Cover Save.

In both cases, unless you're being attacked with an AP4 or better weapon, you'd ignore the Cover Save and just use your Warriors' 4+ Armor Save.

JMichael
08-17-2012, 05:46 PM
The Rev. has it right. Rule book p41 & 42 under both Shrouded and Stealth it specifically states you still have a save even in the open.

jifel
08-17-2012, 08:26 PM
For the record, stealth grants a bonus to your COVER save, not just a regular save. A Necron Warrior (squad? Formation? Phalanx?) has a 4+ base save, the +1 from stealth applies to a cover save. If in the open, you have a 4+/6++.

Stormbreed
08-22-2012, 06:51 AM
For the record, stealth grants a bonus to your COVER save, not just a regular save. A Necron Warrior (squad? Formation? Phalanx?) has a 4+ base save, the +1 from stealth applies to a cover save. If in the open, you have a 4+/6++.

Not so sure about that.

MODELS WITH MORE THAN ONE SAVE
As if this wasn't enough, the model
could be in cove.In these cases,a model only ever
gets to make one saving throw, but it has the advantage of
always using the best available save.

dannyat2460
08-22-2012, 07:37 AM
Not so sure about that.

But in the case of a necron warrior in the open 15" away from a heavy bolter while night fight is in affect he is unable to take his 4+ armour save as the heavy bolter is AP4 thus ignoring his armour but due to him having stealth he can take a 6+ cover save as this is currently the best available save he has available.

If the weapon was a bolt gun so AP5 he would be able to take his 4+ armour rather than the 6+ cover as that is the best availablesave

dannyat2460
08-22-2012, 07:43 AM
Not so sure about that.

The best way to explain multiple saves is captain lysander, he has:

2+ armour due to terminator armour.
3++ due to storm shield
4++ due to iorn halo
5++ due to terminator armour
then any cover he may find himself in on top of that.

so unless he is hit by an AP1 or 2 weapon he will take the best save available that is his 2+ armour if he is hit by an AP1 or 2 weapon he will take the best save available that is his 3++ storm shield unless he is in cover that grants a 2+ cover save (due to go to ground, stealth, shroud, bolster defence and any other way of getting it to such good save)

Xenith
08-22-2012, 10:51 AM
Not so sure about that.

Yes, very true, but a model can have an armour save, an invulnerable save and a cover save.

The necron warrior in this example would have the benefit of two saves, 4+ armour, and a 4+ cover in the open, due to stealth and shrouded. This is commonly represented with 4+/4++.

The warrior is hit by a heavy bolter. He gets to make one save. The 4+ armour would be ignored by the heavy bolter, so by the rule you quoted, he is forced to use the 4++ cover save.

david5th
08-22-2012, 10:17 PM
Yes, very true, but a model can have an armour save, an invulnerable save and a cover save.

The necron warrior in this example would have the benefit of two saves, 4+ armour, and a 4+ cover in the open, due to stealth and shrouded. This is commonly represented with 4+/4++.

The warrior is hit by a heavy bolter. He gets to make one save. The 4+ armour would be ignored by the heavy bolter, so by the rule you quoted, he is forced to use the 4++ cover save.

No, it would be a 6+ cover save because the warrior isn't far away enough to get shrouded, just the +1 granted by stealth.