PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Ratling Chefs - Urgent culinary help needed!

Denzark
08-17-2012, 09:10 AM
Chaps and chapesses

Urgent help needed. Denzark senior male and female are coming for a spot of tea. So because Grandma Denzark disnae like the spicey food, the Thai green curry I wanted to do is out.

So I had an awesome idea - I will pop to the local polish shop and we can have an Eastern European dinner (maybe like being a Panzer commander in 1939 having the loac grub - I have an appropriate uniform!)

Anyhoo, I got a 650g jar of Ukranian borsch soup for a starter. however when I asked the Polski lady behind the counter how you cook it, she said you mix it in water and heat for 15 minutes.

I thought it was just heat the actual thing, not add water?!?!

So question is, has anyone seen anything like this before and how much water do I use!

Help me with brownie points, they might be cantankerous but they look after Denzrk junior my pet gibbon, and may eventually leave me some good weaponry when they shuffle off the mortal coil!

eldargal
08-17-2012, 09:20 AM
Shove it in a saucepan and heat and add water until you think the texture is nice and smooth and the flavour not too weak.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-17-2012, 09:21 AM
The last time I had Borsch was in Russia, I threw it back up.

eldargal
08-17-2012, 09:25 AM
Good borscht is delicious, its just beetroot soup basically.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-17-2012, 09:27 AM
Either that, or my Stepmother was trying to poison me, which I wouldn't put it past her. The b!tch.

Well, show me some good quality borscht and I'll eat it. :p

Denzark
08-17-2012, 09:58 AM
I had some whilst cruising the Volga. I thought it was awesome until I took into my mouth this giant lump of chicken. It was actually egg, my own personal kryptonite. Egg is the Devil's sticky white love wee.

It took many vodkas to remove.

eldargal
08-17-2012, 10:00 AM
So you don't like eggs then?:p I actually like borscht with chopped up boiled eggs in.

Denzark
08-17-2012, 10:36 AM
I prefer the chicken - not it's reproductive by-products...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Well I like Ramen. So nyer! :p

Denzark
08-17-2012, 11:50 AM
What has ramen got to do with eggs, kryptonite, the Devil's spooge, or borscht????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramen

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Broth is close to soup.

Denzark
08-17-2012, 03:36 PM
Problem over.

Borscht went OK.

Mutti und ich were not too impressed with the Pork and Tongue roll.

scadugenga
08-17-2012, 10:18 PM
I had some whilst cruising the Volga. I thought it was awesome until I took into my mouth this giant lump of chicken. It was actually egg, my own personal kryptonite. Egg is the Devil's sticky white love wee.

It took many vodkas to remove.

How do you survive in the military whilst hating eggs? They're practically the main staple over here, according to my brother-in-law, and (years ago) my father..who had even less complimentary things to say about the nasty things.