PDA

View Full Version : The Next Three Codices are...

eldargal
08-17-2012, 07:30 AM
CSM (duh) - September
(WFB - Woc - October)
Dark Angels - ???/Possibly November
(WFB - Daemons of Chaos - ???)
Chaos Daemons ???
Tau
Eldar

^2012-2013.

Via Hastings & Harry on Warseer. Harry also mentioned a Bloodthirster sculpted by Jes Goodwin.

Exactly this ^

Apologies for any confusion.

For clarity running order for 40k & wfb =

40k starter
CSM
WoC
DA
CD/DoC
Tau
HE
Eldar
LM

That little lot should take us to around this time next year or a couple of months after (plus waves of models in between the codex/army book releases.... oh and the hobbit stuff).

Wolfshade
08-17-2012, 07:33 AM
Where is the space marine love :(

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-17-2012, 07:34 AM

Dark Angels - ???/Possibly November

Here?

DrLove42
08-17-2012, 07:36 AM
Deamons?

Thats a bit wierd. They just got a WD book expansion?

Surely theres plenty of armies out there who need it more *cough* Eldar *cough*

Or Tau! They were rumoured for first few months of 2012! This means we woulnd't get them till the end of next year!

eldargal
08-17-2012, 07:37 AM
We're looking at two more codices this year, we could have Tau by earlyish next year and eldar in mid 2013 as rumoured.:)

Wolfshade
08-17-2012, 07:38 AM
Damn you sarcasm tags!

More importantly, it is a major depature for GW that a new edition is released and the first codex is not Codex Space Marine. Is 6th edition, the edition of balance or Xeno love

eldargal
08-17-2012, 07:40 AM
I love it, everyone always says 'Oh Space Marines are always the first codex of each edition, GW will never change!' now GW is basically saying 'A-HA! Shove your precedents up your Eye of Terror you whining blckguards!'. I love GW.:rolleyes:

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-17-2012, 07:41 AM
Hold the phone!

Aren't you one of those people EG?

DrLove42
08-17-2012, 07:41 AM
I still don't buy deamons. If they're got new models and rules expansions now, why not wait 2-3 months if they're due it before years end or early next year?

Surely a WD expansion that added 1 unit and changed the rules on a few more would have been more appropriate for a different army?

Denzark
08-17-2012, 07:42 AM
+1.

eldargal
08-17-2012, 07:44 AM
Nope, I accept that GW gives Space Marines preferential treatment and that high sales of Marines help support lower sale armies. I'm fine with that. I don't accept that just because GW has always done something a certain way in the past that they will continue doing that forever.

Hold the phone!

Aren't you one of those people EG?

Same thing happened with VC, they received a new update (smaller I admit, but it didn't have to over two rulesets) and the ygot a new book months after.

I still don't buy deamons. If they're got new models and rules expansions now, why not wait 2-3 months if they're due it before years end or early next year?

Surely a WD expansion that added 1 unit and changed the rules on a few more would have been more appropriate for a different army?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-17-2012, 07:46 AM
I'm watching you... *Fry face*

Wolfshade
08-17-2012, 07:47 AM
I was one of those people who said that Codex Spacemarines would be the first that they released.

I was wrong, I admit it.

DrLove42
08-17-2012, 07:49 AM
Same thing happened with VC, they received a new update (smaller I admit, but it didn't have to over two rulesets) and the ygot a new book months after.

That was just adding the Terrogeist and the other varient though wasn't it? It didn't actually change the stat lines on some units.And it was technically only the release of 1 new kit. Whereas this was a new unit, 2 new box sets (PB and Flamers) and 2 new packs (Nuglings and Blue Scribes)

Not saying you're wrong, but i don't buy it....yet

I want to hope its just some crossed wires, and the its just a release of more deamons (new greater demons) and not a full codex release

eldargal
08-17-2012, 07:53 AM
Well technically it was the terrorgheist, Crypt Banshee and Other Dead Chap hero characters. We've also seen it rumoured that this is a deliberate process of small updates 4-6 months before new books I presume to build anticipation. Not sure every army will get it.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-17-2012, 07:54 AM
I like the mini updates, means that releases are a lot more balanced in terms of variety.

eldargal
08-17-2012, 08:37 AM
Updated the OP with red hot rumour.

You're welcome.

StraightSilver
08-17-2012, 09:05 AM
I disagree in terms of Chaos Daemons not needing a new Codex, i think honestly in 6th Edition they are the army that got kicked in the privates the most, so hopefully a new Codex will help them out a bit.

I am also very surprised that marines aren't the first Codex after the new boxed set, but I also welcome the change.

I would also like to thank Eldargirl for using the correct plural of Codex in the thread title. It really grinds my gears when I see the word Codexes!! :)

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-17-2012, 09:09 AM
I don't accept that just because GW has always done something a certain way in the past that they will continue doing that forever.

I know right? GW have changed a lot over the past 5 years. We've seen the death of single one-shot army releases turn into Wave releases - and that looks to be changing to releases for an army all coming out within a short time-frame (like necrons), we've seen them abandon metal, we've seen them do plastic monopose characters (for WHF), we've seen rules for new models in WD, we've seen them embrace digital medium(albeit in a limited way). it's good to be a bit skeptical but Change is a part of GW for good or bad - so IMO it's best to keep an open mind.

CouchViking
08-17-2012, 09:10 AM
Well thats cool, nice to see tau actually in the pipeline for sure? and of course the most important of all eldar.

DarkLink
08-17-2012, 09:42 AM

Its in the last decade of a new Marine codex every six months.

Sainhann
08-17-2012, 09:55 AM

The current Space Marine Codex is far better than the Current Dark Angels, Eldar, Tau Codex's.

Us Eldar players have to wait for another 9 months or so before we finally get a new Codex.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-17-2012, 09:56 AM
The Black Templars go "meh!" at the Eldar. :p

StarWarsDoug
08-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Hastings actually said that all the chaos armies would be updated over the next 4-5 months, starting sept. 40k csm and cd, and wfb WoC and DoC. With DA in the middle. That's a very aggressive schedule, but Hastings has a pretty spot on track record.

ragnarcissist
08-17-2012, 12:19 PM
no space wolves love??

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-17-2012, 12:22 PM
no space wolves love??

Scat troll! :p

Archon
08-18-2012, 05:19 AM
I see it this way:

CSM - are not confirmed, we (the good side of 40K) are hopeful and lunging for it, but maybe its oct

WFB - what is woc? Edith: Ah Warriors of Chaos - hmm, didnīt they got their book already?

DA - yes itīll making all sense, that they got their new dex this year (but unfortunatly I have a "only primed" DA army ready on shelf and with this short amount of time - itīll last a year at minimum to finish this stuff. Because guess what: Iīll busy with chaos stuff! :D

WFB CD - is there not any army who needs more updating in the world of fantasy? Mybe treehuggers?

CD - I doubt that. But if the fantasy-versions gets a new book, it makes sense that die scifi daemons get a book too, cause this is the only twice-worlding army. Ready in one dish.

Tau - yes - hopefully iīm ready with my chaos stuff (not to mention my DA stuff) :eek: - but yes all the rumours pointing to tau. I think they go before deamons.

Eldar - till dato theyīll have the oldest dex - they deserve it

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-18-2012, 05:28 AM
WoC = Warriors of Chaos. :)

ragnarcissist
08-18-2012, 08:55 AM
Scat troll! :p

what! you dont think they need an update!?!? its been what, 3 years

Kawauso
08-18-2012, 08:59 AM
what! you dont think they need an update!?!? its been what, 3 years

:P

Give them some skyfire options (Whirlwinds and Long Fangs, please) and I think my space pups will do fine for a number of years to come.

ragnarcissist
08-18-2012, 09:01 AM
i hope whirlwinds get skyfire! thatd make sense and id def field one in my mech list

Kawauso
08-18-2012, 09:07 AM
If they could purchase an option for skyfire missiles of some sort people would actually take them.

Being able to choose each turn between that or two different large blasts, and not needing LoS for any of them would make for a pretty formidable light tank at the right price. Maybe it would even displace Long Fangs in some people's lists...depending on how much it costs when Long Fangs inevitably get the option to purchase flakk missiles.

You know, come to think of it I see flakk missiles as a kind of problem in a lot of books. Missile launchers are already super-popular because of their versatility to the point where other heavy weapons don't get nearly as much attention...making missiles even more versatile won't change that.

Autarch
08-18-2012, 05:11 PM
I hope this comes true. If they did Daemons again I'd be really impressed. Assuming this this all came to pass it'd really give the overall game a huge face lift. Its always fun seeing a huge diversity in armies.

Demonus
08-18-2012, 10:37 PM
technically, arent csm space marines? :D

thelion
08-19-2012, 01:51 AM
technically, arent csm space marines? :D

heretic

incenerate101
08-19-2012, 02:08 AM
Sigh another 9 months without an Eldar codex. I guess these models will stay unopened on the shelf :/

apahllo
08-19-2012, 03:34 AM
Us 40k scrubs are getting to unrealistic. Fantasy chaos is coming. Hobit is December and da is the first codex of the new year...

Lost Vyper
08-20-2012, 03:57 AM
Yeah, itīs been a long time (and still will be) for Eldar player, but, F it, iīma keep throwing them bones and kill me some marines...

Defenestratus
08-20-2012, 07:08 AM
I'm not sure how much sense strategically it is to release Chaos Marines then Daemons almost back to back.

It does put a strain on budgets for fans of Chaos who like to run combined armies.

Demonus
08-20-2012, 08:15 AM
ah I never thought about Whirlwinds with Skyfire. That would be most excellent and I might actually take mine off the shelf.

Coupled with Aegis Gun Lines and Long Fangs getting access to the skyfire missiles whenever thats announced, and SW wouldnt even need a flier.

I just hope the new codices/codexes are in line with the Necron codex, which Ive found is a great 6th edition codex. A few OP instances but all in all pretty well balanced.

TheCastigator
08-20-2012, 04:27 PM
All I want is my Tau to get redone. Is that too much to ask? Obviously it is. And yes, CSM are space marines, just very pointy ones.

NurglesBloatedEgo
08-20-2012, 05:15 PM

Eldar - till dato theyīll have the oldest dex - they deserve it

Eldar 2006
Black Templars 2005

Not *****ing about Templars mind you, they got lots of love in their newest FAQ. Finally drop Pod Assault, proper Power of the Machine Spirit, and proper And They Shall Know No Fear

eldargal
08-21-2012, 08:49 AM
Exactly this ^

Apologies for any confusion.

For clarity running order for 40k & wfb =

40k starter
CSM
WoC
DA
CD/DoC
Tau
HE
Eldar
LM

That little lot should take us to around this time next year or a couple of months after (plus waves of models in between the codex/army book releases.... oh and the hobbit stuff).
So go from October through to around October next year. I've italicised WFB books do you 40k people who don't know a damned thing about it. Shame on you!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-21-2012, 08:56 AM
They're ALL italicised. Muppet. :p

eldargal
08-21-2012, 08:58 AM
Yes, that was the joke, trying to confuse the 40k exclusive people.:p Bolded for clarity, sigh.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-21-2012, 09:01 AM
Like you'd confuse me! :p

Kawauso
08-21-2012, 11:12 AM
Yes, that was the joke, trying to confuse the 40k exclusive people.:p Bolded for clarity, sigh.

I'm only 40k exclusive because I don't have all of the money. :(

Would love to start a Skaven army sometime. Those rat-rat fellas appease my furry side to no end. :P