View Full Version : Arranging games at warhammer world?

Herzlos
08-16-2012, 02:31 AM
So I'll be down at Warhammer World next week (Thurs/Friday), since I'm in the area, bringing a 1k IG army (along with a friend with a 1k BA army) to try and get a few games there. Either amongst ourselves or with anyone else who wanted a game. However, last time we were down the place wasn't very busy, and I've never gone about pick-up games before.

So is there somewhere online to try and arrange games there, or any system at the time?
Or is anyone going to be about for a game against 2 n00bs?

Wolfshade
08-16-2012, 02:47 AM
You can email or call to book a table, the calendar of events http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2490027a_2012_public_calendar_01.08.12.pdf suggests that you might want to book a table.
I'm not sure if there are any dedicated online match ups, but I'm sure the guys at WW would be able to help.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-16-2012, 03:26 AM
Me and alshrive were meant to be at Warhammer World on Thursday and Friday, but that was delayed until November...

Herzlos
08-16-2012, 03:41 AM
@Wolfshade - Good point, that College of Artisans thing is on when I'm there so I might just email and book when I have a solid plan. Thanks.

@Tzeentch's Dark Agent - Bummer. Are you visiting for a particular event or anything?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-16-2012, 03:46 AM
alshrive's stag do.

He's had to postpone it until after the wedding due to expenses (fair play), so now it's not a stag do, it's just a shindig.

Herzlos
08-16-2012, 04:49 AM
Ah cool. Nothing wrong with doing it after the wedding anyway, probably easier all round. Except for justifying the stripper :p

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-16-2012, 04:52 AM
Indeed!

A stripper at WHW would be amusing.

alshrive
08-16-2012, 04:56 AM
i am liking the sound of this! my other "non-geek-friendly" stag do (quoting my father there!) is paintballing. is it socially/physically acceptable to have a paintballing stripper? (i pointed out that essentially paintballing is life size warhammer- instead of painting a model i am just going to attempt to paint a person!)

Herzlos
08-16-2012, 05:17 AM
I'm sure you could find a stripper who likes paintball quite easily. But would you want to be that distracted when getting shot at? I know it's only paint, but it still hurts... :p

alshrive
08-16-2012, 06:09 AM
oh i am sure, but to bring this back on topic, just give WHW a call and you can reserve tables with them without an issue!

StraightSilver
08-16-2012, 06:47 AM
You could also post this on the Warhammer World Facebook page, that seems a good way to get in contact with people there.

The guys in the store are also sometimes up for a game, especially if it's a quick one which you should be able to do at 1000pts, so maybe put this up on the Warhammer World store FB page too.

Herzlos
08-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Gak! Facebook. Cheers guys :)