PDA

View Full Version : instant death and bikes/jetbikes

mallet_man
08-15-2012, 01:46 AM
Hi people, so after reading my rulebook a few times though sadly am still yet to play a game of 6th
I was reading the rules for instant death and for bikes and jetbikes, I can't find the place in the rulebook
where in 5th edition it said a bikes +1 toughness does not count against weapons that cause instant death due
to being double the strength of the models base toughness.
So my conclusion from this being that a space marine attack bike just counts as being toughness 5 regardless of
whatever is attacking it, is this correct can anyone point me to the section that says otherwise with page number please :)
also dark eldar and eldar jet bikes can no move up to 55" a turn how mad is that =)

Wolfshade
08-15-2012, 01:51 AM
In the Space Marine FAQ, it clarrifies this issue, use 5.

Also, how do you end up with a 55" move?

Wildeybeast
08-15-2012, 03:48 AM
Yeah, all the FAQs now say that where you have two toughness values with one in brackets, use the bracketed one and completely ignore the other one.

mallet_man
08-15-2012, 04:19 AM
@wolfshade, a jet bike can move 12" in the movement phase, turbo boost up to 36" in the shooting phase (48 total) 55-60 is an oversight just re-read page 45, if they turbo boost cant do anything else voluntary for the rest of the turn so only 48 but thats a 12" bonus from 5th edition! across the board in one turn!

Xenith
08-17-2012, 05:45 AM
so only 48 but thats a 12" bonus from 5th edition!
You mean a 24" bonus from 5th edition :)

Archon Charybdis
08-17-2012, 09:25 AM
You mean a 24" bonus from 5th edition :)

Well, only if you're Eldar instead of Dark Eldar. It's actually a bit of a relative nerf to Reavers, but then skilled rider got way the hell better so it's all good.