PDA

View Full Version : First 6th Ed 2k List. C&C needed. Nids

Skitso
08-14-2012, 09:29 PM
So after only recently going through the rules I've had a crack at doing my first 6th ed list. Very different from my usual 5th ed lists so I may be completely crazy, any feedback is appreciated.

HQ:
Flyrant:-Wings, 2xTwin-Linked Devourers with brainleech, Old Adversary.
Will be rolling on the Biomancy table.

Elite:
3x Hive Guard.
3x Hive Guard.

Troops:
Tervigon: Toxin, Adrenal, Catalyst + Domination.
25x Devilgaunts.
23x Hormagants with Toxin.
23x Hormagants with Toxin.
Broodlord-scyths + 4 genestealers. Biomancy
Broodlord-scyths + 4 genestealers. Biomancy

Fast Attack:
6x Raveners with Rending claws.
20x Gargoyles with Toxin, Adrenal.

Heavy Support:
None.

Basic plan is to have the Hive Tyrant and 2 Broodlords to roll for powers on the Biomancy table which will somewhat alter the deployment. The tervigon could possibly roll on the same table, but for now I think having a confirmed FNP and synapse boost is more important.

The deployment is adaptable based on what powers I get with the basic plan of having the Tervigon, devilgants, and one squad of hormagaunts on one flank with the Gargs and the other squad of hormagants and raveners with the Flyrant on the other flank. Hive Guard go where they will be needed most and the broodlord squads will be infiltrated roughly in the middle of each flank and possitioned based on what powers they roll. Either offensively (enfeeble, iron arm) or defensively (endurance). They will be my buff/debuff and initial objct scorers. If they don't roll enfeeble or endurance then they will be tasked with object sitting/deterrence and squad hunters.
I plan on gliding the Flyrant roughly in a rectangle shaped flight pattern parallel to the table diagonals hopefully flying past combats to give out old adversary and taking side/rear shots at transports/flyers with those lovely devourers. This also provides a roaming synapse bubble for any fast units that may have gained rage from moving to far away from the tervigon, which will stop them from running away hopefully. This should cause him to take some heat which will, with any luck, be mitigated by Iron arm, endurance or FNP. This is to detract from the speed of the hormagaunts, raveners and gargoyles will be be my primary striking force backed up by any possible psychic powers.

The Tervigon and devilgants may seem a little out of place but I wanted to give my opponent a backfield threat that wouldn't be all that easy to ignore if he wanted my objectives. Nobody really wants to deal with that many overwatch shots and then counter-attacking toxin gants with the prospect of more on the way. If they want to reduce their numbers via range then my hormy's/ raveners/ gargs will make it all the more safely to the front lines which makes me happy.

I was looking for a game plan that didn't rely on the new psychic powers so much as had a plausible and adaptable benefit if and when they are rolled. This is essentially the only reason I included the 2 broodlord squads, but if you have any replacement suggestions then by all means!

Just a note, This is not a tourney list, at least by intention.

Yeahbuddy42
08-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Hey there. The first thing I noticed were the gargoyles. I can't stand those little buggers. Just from personal experience they always failed me. Now that is an opinion and I have yet to try them in 6th, but I just always found them to be very disappointing.
Now the raveners on the other hand. I freaking love Raveners. I use them in groups of 3 so I could attack two places at once, but a group of six sounds fun. Personally, I would drop the gargoyles for more Raveners.
I've never used termigants or Tervigons - Can't explain it, I just never cared for them. Everyone else seems to love them so I think you're probably on the winning side. Me personally, I would drop it for ymgarl genestealers. Ymgarl's are scary.
On the other hand about the gargoyles, if attached to the Flyrant, that could be interesting.

You use more unit to unit reliant tactics than I do. I worry that if your Flyrant is down, then you may have a lot of little guys out of Synapse, especially with only the Tervigon in the rear for backup. Granted, however, there is always something to worry about with every list, but the Flyrant feels vulnerable to me. Maybe attaching the 20 x gargoyles could help him live longer.

I noticed that you enjoy the biomancy table and psychic powers. Ever thought about adding another Tyrant, dropping the Tervigon/termigants, and just plugging in more units of Broodlord Genestelers?