PDA

View Full Version : What are those trees?

Roboute Guilliman
08-14-2012, 08:45 AM
On the Games Workshop website, when you click on the beastmen army and then the "getting started" subheading, in all the pictures there are pine trees in the back ground. What brand are these trees? I want them bad but can't find them.

Wildeybeast
08-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Welcome to the forum! :) Friendly tip, it's helpful to provide links to other sites, makes it easier for people to find what you are talking about (if you want to know how, let me know and I'll fill you in).

As to your question, I don't recall them being anything GW have ever sold, so they are probably custom built in the studio as I doubt GW would use third party terrain in their photos. Any good modelling supply shop will sell you nice pine trees, particularly model train stockists.

Lunar Camel
08-14-2012, 06:50 PM
The trees are either scratchbuilt (doesn't look like it) or they are from Woodland Scenics. GW use to contract with Woodland Scenics for most of its scenery before they started making their own.

If you are looking for pine trees, any model railroad store carries them, from the pipecleaner, Christmas type (which are really cheap but do not look that great) to the Woodland Scenic ones which are usually a metal trunk and foilage you glue on (they are also very sturdy but not cheap).

Hope this helps.