PDA

View Full Version : Lho sticks

ragnarcissist
08-13-2012, 06:01 PM
so what do you think these are supposed to be? future cigarettes? or space weed?

from lexicanum: "It is favored by the Imperial Guard and PDF as a cheap way to relax before, during, and after combat."

sounds like Ganja to me.... thoughts?

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
08-13-2012, 06:10 PM
Just space-cigs, you might be reading into it too much. Cigarrettes help people relax, too.

Also, note the "DURING combat" part. Would you let Imperial Guardsmen hotbox in a Baneblade? :P

The AKH
08-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Space-cigs - in most fluff pieces guardsmen smoking lho never display the characteristic symptoms of smoking non-tobacco leaf.

Also, for a plain ol' human soldier in the grimdark of the 41st millenium, the mild stim effects of nicotine (or whatever nicotine-esque compound is in lho) is probably more useful than getting hella baked.

Mind, regiments like the Savlar Chem-dogs probably lace their cigs. With all manner of crazy stuff.

ragnarcissist
08-13-2012, 07:37 PM
ahhh ok, i couldve sworn that i read in a bunch of novels that they describe it as "under the influence" not a term youd use for cigs.

Astartes
08-13-2012, 10:34 PM
If you read the novel 'Gunheads' (about an IG tank company) one of the tank crews has some wacky-tabacky lho sticks and get busted by their C.O. It's a pretty funny scene. Just chillin by the Russ, playin some cards & smokin a spliff.

westside
08-15-2012, 05:47 AM
Lho sticks contain a different substance and aren't tobbaco (which I believe is referred to as Tabac).

In some of the BL writing Lho is described as mildly sedative and sometime carries a mild official censure (often consumption is ignored).

It is a big universe and I would imagine people ran into all sorts of consumables that we don't have on Terra.

The AKH
08-16-2012, 01:20 AM
ahhh ok, i couldve sworn that i read in a bunch of novels that they describe it as "under the influence" not a term youd use for cigs.

Whether or not they are stims or sedatives, they're probably chemically concentrated and quite a bit stronger than contemporary cigarettes.

OrksOrksOrks
08-29-2012, 10:12 AM
There is probably an Agri-World somewhere in the Imperium dedicated to producing only Lho, to be shipped off to a Factory planet to be assemebled into sticks.