PDA

View Full Version : Vargard Obyron and Zandrekh Query

Learn2Eel
08-13-2012, 02:04 AM
Hey guys, I've been thinking about how Obyron's Ghost Mantle works if he is inside of a vehicle. I don't have the codex at hand so this has probably already been answered, but;

If Vargard Obyron is inside a Catacomb Command Barge (he hijacks one on the first turn for example), and Nemesor Zandrekh is charged, does Obyron teleport next to him whilst staying inside of the Command Barge? Or does he leave the Command Barge behind? Furthermore, if he does take the Command Barge with him, does he count as charging the unit that has assaulted Zandrekh and thus get D6 Hammer of Wrath hits?

Thanks, this probably has been answered but I don't have a codex at hand so I can't confirm.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-13-2012, 02:07 AM
I believe he'd leave the Barge because the teleport only affects him.
Good question though.

Learn2Eel
08-13-2012, 02:11 AM
It'd be hilarious if it did apply to the Barge as well. Can you imagine charging Zandrekh and a squad of Immortals only for Obyron to appear next to your unit and assault you instead, and then be free to sweep and charge again next turn? Would be insane; powerfist characters would be like "oh s**t...." lol.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-13-2012, 02:16 AM
I just love the people who use Power Axes so that they can kill Terminators, my Overlord and Lychguard just rub their hands together and go: "Hah, we strike first, you're dead"
That also applies to Terminators. :D

Learn2Eel
08-13-2012, 02:18 AM
I see it all the time in my store. People playing against Necrons will rub their hands together and go "low Initiative", then bite their lip as Warscythes go before Power Fists and cleave through entire units.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-13-2012, 02:21 AM
Var'kesh, the Blademaster, is full of excite when it comes to overconfident Marine players. :D

Learn2Eel
08-13-2012, 02:26 AM
I'm not too fussed if this rule doesn't apply to the Command Barge as well to be honest, it would just be cool if it did.
If I do play Necrons (which I am very much looking at doing at some point) I wouldn't really take close-combat oriented elements - wraiths are amazing but I still see Necrons as a rock hard shooty army - but Obyron is just too awesome not to have, especially in a CCB. He's an absolute nightmare for most other characters in the game.

Funnily enough, he'd probably eat Mephiston for breakfast as well - what's that? All those attacks, and you can't get past my amour? Lol, heres's X attacks wounding you on 3s.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-13-2012, 02:30 AM
Yeah, Obyron is a MASTER of Challenges.
I use him a fair amount, because he's just full of cheese!

Also, don't disregard Flayed Ones, chuck a Destroyer Lord in there with a Res Orb and MSS, truly solid unit.

Learn2Eel
08-13-2012, 02:35 AM
I was curious, what do you find to be the best application of Obyron? Do you put him in someone else's CCB, do you run him with Lychguard as a counter-assault unit, do you put him in with another unit, etc?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-13-2012, 02:43 AM
He's usually with some dudes in a Night Scythe. Typically a Gauss Immortal unit, that way, if the unit gets charged he can provide the punch to kill things. (Dreads and other walkers)