Necron Warriors X 18 - 234pts
Necron Immortals X 5 - 85 pts

Fast Attack
Canoptek Wraiths X 3 - 135 pts

Heavy
Monolith - 200 pts
Monolith - 200 pts

Total - 1997 pts

The overlords attach to the warriors and veil to different spots on the board to attempt to corral enemy. Monoliths drop together on one flank of the army - because what's worse than a monolith... 2 monoliths.
The immortals will try and hold an objective if needed.
And the wraiths will attempt to intercept one assault unit from getting too close to a squad of warriors. Not much they can do, but I like wraiths.

I am hoping to veil away from any units attempting to get into asault, but I'm not sure how well that will work for my huge sqauds of warriors.

Looking of tips with the list and any blaring holes that I left out.

I don't encounter a lot of flyers where I play, so not tooooo worried about them.

thanks

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-13-2012, 01:05 AM
It has to be a minimum of 2000 points to double the FOC, meaning that this army is illegal with 3 HQs.

22gbloodangel
08-13-2012, 03:33 AM
Although you're looking to pad out and buff your warriors with the overlords, I'd personally suggest cutting one or more of the Warrior squads down and then adding another unit of warriors on top of them. Would allow you to cover more objectives, avoid wasting shots when you unleash 40 odd rapid fire shots (so you can split your fire onto other vehicles for glancing hits, for example) and could make those smaller units easier to veil across the board. Even if you took 2 or 3 off the main warrior units, it'd leave you with a decent sized force which would give you an extra option or two.

That's just me personal preference though because I could see a couple of units getting tar pitted which means you're left with very few units to claim objectives with, and there's nothing to stop you moving the units across the tables as pairs so you get the best of both worlds. It may not suit your overall gameplan though, and I can see the intent and purpose of keeping the units large though, just to benefit from the various buffs... so it's your call entirely.

But yeah, 3 overlords isn't legal, as TDA mentions.

22gbloodangel
08-13-2012, 03:34 AM
PS. Monoliths are awesome :)

NecronFlohr
08-13-2012, 05:52 PM
Alright I revised this baby.

Get ready because I did more than a trim to with this haircut.

HQ
Necron Overlord - 135 pts
Sempiternal Weave, Res Orb
+ Harb of Despair - 60 pts
Veil of Darkness
Necron Overlord - 135 pts
Sempiternal Weave, Res Orb
+ Harb of Despair - 60 pts
Veil of Darkness

Troops
Necron Warriors X 16 - 208pts
Necron Warriors X 16 - 208pts
Necron Warriors X 10 - 130pts
Necron Immortals X 5 - 85 pts

Fast Attack
Canoptek Wraiths X 3 - 120 pts
Particle Caster X 3

Heavy
Monolith - 200 pts
Monolith - 200 pts
Monolith - 200 pts

Alright, alright, alright, alright. You know what I like about high school girls.... You don't have to lead them as much with your gauss blaster.
So the list was revised, obviously. The 2 Overlords will attach to the units of 16 warriors and veil to flanks. The 3 other units will deploy from Monolith gateways.
Added a Monolith... I love them too

ragnarcissist
08-13-2012, 06:09 PM
3 monoltihs is overkill, stick with two, and add another squad of wraiths, 2 squads of wraiths AND two monoliths will be a scary list to face

22gbloodangel
08-14-2012, 02:40 AM
I really like that lkist.

Not sure if 3 Monoliths is overkill or not... Gotta admit if I had 3 monoliths, I'd give it a go at least once or twice just to see the opponent's response when you plonk down 3 of the bad boys on the table..... :)

Xenith
08-14-2012, 07:57 AM
It has to be a minimum of 2000 points to double the FOC, meaning that this army is illegal with 3 HQs.

No, the game you agree to playing is a '2000pt game', how many points you actually spend is entirely up to you.
You still have to meet normal force org. requirements.

Assuming that this army is for a 2000pt game, this army is legal. Unless the game is set to a weird points value, like 1997, or 1999, then then it would not be legal.

For future reference, OP, it's useful to state the points limit for the game you're playing.