PDA

View Full Version : A Hint at new Daemon rules? Daemons that can Perils

Corvus-Master-of-The-4th
08-11-2012, 05:59 AM
Warzone Traits, page 368, 5. Warp Winds

For the duration of the game, Perils of the Warp occurs on the roll of any double when taking Psychic tests. Even Daemons are affected by this rule (the Dark Gods are capricious, after all).

What does this mean O.o. Sorry if this has already been asked :)

Bean
08-11-2012, 06:08 AM
Warzone Traits, page 368, 5. Warp Winds

For the duration of the game, Perils of the Warp occurs on the roll of any double when taking Psychic tests. Even Daemons are affected by this rule (the Dark Gods are capricious, after all).

What does this mean O.o. Sorry if this has already been asked :)

Right now, it doesn't mean anything (well, the daemon part doesn't mean anything, anyway) since Daemons have no psychic powers.

I think you're almost certainly right, though, in that Daemons will likely start getting psychic powers as they're revamped, instead of the psychic-power-like-ranged-weapons they have now. Which, frankly, would be a good thing. They need things like blessings and maledictions, I think.

Archon
08-11-2012, 12:21 PM
The actual DP from the CSM Codex can have psychic powers, have you forgetten the ruling dou of many chaos-forces, the double lash prince? Demon is not deamon - the ways of the warp a are not clear to mere men.

Bean
08-11-2012, 04:37 PM
The actual DP from the CSM Codex can have psychic powers, have you forgetten the ruling dou of many chaos-forces, the double lash prince? Demon is not deamon - the ways of the warp a are not clear to mere men.

Ah, true. I'd stopped playing lash princes a while ago, because, frankly, they have some problems (I'd come to prefer sorcerors for lash). Good point, though.

Of course, they never had any immunity to Perils of the Warp, so I'm not sure they're the reason the rulebook has that line.