PDA

View Full Version : Eyes in the sky

Panxer
08-10-2012, 12:46 AM
Being that the Tau have zero skyfire capability outside of weapons purchased with fortifications and the forgeworld manta, barracuda, and remora, I've now turned my thinking toward a remora/skyray tag team.

The remora, as we've discussed, is uber durable given the new flyer rules as well as the hover/shrouded usr that the remora comes stock with, two seeker missiles, as well as a mediocre burst cannon (that isn't even twin linked...Yawn), however what interests me is the sky fire capable markerlight.

The remora markerlight is the only skyfire capable marker system in the Tau arsenal (that I know of) that hits on a 4+. This is good and better because every other marker system in the empire hits fliers on a 6+, which while difficult, can be defeated with the advent of the super cheap tetras 65pts w/ a target array, BUT if you have something that hits on a 4+, why not go with the simplest coarse of action?

Is it great? No. Wonderful? Not even close. BUT I suggest possibly a skyray/remora tag team (or if you're not into sky rays and want more railguns, simply place 6 seeker missiles on vehicles around your FOC)

And since the seeker always hits on a 2+ (thanks Tau faq), a 4+ markerlight may be a better option to take down fliers than simply hoping that your tetras or rail guns will hit on 6's and down those pesky airborne killing machines.

I'm going to play it out see how it works. It might be worth the points instead of fielding a skyray, just to field 2 remoras and attach more seeker missiles on other things so you have the same amount of missiles, but aren't dumping points into a heavy support slot which can be filled with more big sticks.

More to come...