- Lascannon
- Extra Armour

Leman Russ
- Lascannon
- Extra Armour

Leman Russ
- Lascannon
- Extra Armour

All 3 Vendettas and Lemans Russ tanks are in their own FO slot. If my maths is right I have 135 points to spend. There aren't really any other units I want to take so does anyone have any suggestions for what I can change or replace? Perhaps I should change a Leman Russ for a different variant - Demolisher? Change the Flamers for one Meltagun and Plasma Gun?

Suggestions and ideas welcome.

Kevlarshark
08-09-2012, 05:46 AM
Well if you just want to burn points I recommend power weapons and plasma pistols on all your Sergeants, you could give them melta bombs too.

But 135 ish points could get you a 3x plasma gun veteran squad plus a few extras.
Or you could squadron up 2x of the russ and take some artillery, basilisk or nearly 2x hydra?

RGilbert26
08-09-2012, 05:56 AM
If I dropped the Melta Bombs from the three command squads I can replace a Russ with a Demolisher, Squadron the two Main tanks and buy a Basilisk. Problem is I'm missing 30 points for Extra Armour on the Basilisk and Demolisher. Or I can ditch the Melta Bombs and have two Hydras.

Kevlarshark
08-09-2012, 06:28 AM
You dont really need to extra armour the basilisk...if its getting shot you have problems that the E.A. is not going to help with.

The Russes might find it useful but you have 3 so you probably wont miss the Extra Armour from those either.

The Hydra will probably become more and more useful as the 6th edition progresses towards flyers...and in a pinch 2 of them could do some damage to ground based units too.

So more templates with the basilisk or defensive anti air with the hydra?

RGilbert26
08-09-2012, 06:52 AM
Well ive got 3 Vendettas flying around so i think i might stick to 2 Russes, 1 Demo and 1 Basilisk.

RGilbert26
08-09-2012, 11:16 AM
With the changes above (minus the Melta bombs being removed) the army is at 1990pts and I've given the Demolisher a Lascannon but I'm five points off giving the demo extra armour.

Kyban
08-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Swap lascannon for ML?

RGilbert26
08-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Not sure i get what you mean. Only Lascannons i have are either on the Leman Russes or Vendettas.

EDIT:

I suppose i could drop the Melta Bombs from the Company Command Squad? That'll enable me to fit extra armour on the Demo.

Kyban
08-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Not sure i get what you mean. Only Lascannons i have are either on the Leman Russes or Vendettas.

EDIT:

I suppose i could drop the Melta Bombs from the Company Command Squad? That'll enable me to fit extra armour on the Demo.

Yeah, sorry, missed the context.

I would say the MBs might not be all that useful on the CCS, though I'm not sure the extra armour is all that useful on the Demo anymore either.

RGilbert26
08-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Here's the updated list with the extra changes i made on next page:

Company Command Squad
- Powerfist
- Bodyguard x2
- Vox-caster
- Heavy Flamer
- Missile Launcher
- Krak Grenades
- Carapace Armour

Platoon Command Squad
- Powerfist
- Vox-caster
- Heavy Flamer
- Autocannon
- Krak Grenades

Infantry Squad x2
- Vox-caster
- Flamer
- Heavy Bolter
- Krak Grenades

Heavy Weapons Squad

Heavy Weapons Squad
- Autocannon x3

Platoon Command Squad
- Powerfist
- Vox-caster
- Heavy Flamer
- Autocannon
- Krak Grenades

Infantry Squad x2
- Vox-caster
- Flamer
- Heavy Bolter
- Krak Grenades

Heavy Weapons Squad

Heavy Weapons Squad
- Autocannon x3

Vendetta

Vendetta

Vendetta

Leman Russ x2
- Lascannon
- Heavy Stubber

Leman Russ Demolisher
- Lascannon
- Extra Armour
- Heavy Stubber

Basilisk
- Heavy Stubber

RGilbert26
08-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Yeah, sorry, missed the context.

I would say the MBs might not be all that useful on the CCS, though I'm not sure the extra armour is all that useful on the Demo anymore either.

Hmm....i think im still writing lists to 5th edition stuff. Now that glancing removes a HP and you only get a stunned/shaken result on a penetrating roll, i could remove all extra armour and the two remaining Melta Bombs. This would give me 55pts to spend which i could use on Heavy Stubbers for each of the 4 tanks. Leaves me 15pts which i could actually put back onto the Demo as it's main gun can only fire 24 inches.