PDA

View Full Version : Questions to identify TFG

Capt Forsythe
08-08-2012, 06:47 PM
What questions would you ask on a questionnaire to identify someone that would make playing a game of 40k a miserable experience?

I have a ton of them, but I want other's thoughts, but I will give one example of mine:

If you removed any emotional investment from your own models (building, painting, customization, etc), would you trade armies with your opponent and would you enjoy playing against your own forces with their army?

Other thoughts?

ElectricPaladin
08-09-2012, 12:11 AM
What questions would you ask on a questionnaire to identify someone that would make playing a game of 40k a miserable experience?

I have a ton of them, but I want other's thoughts, but I will give one example of mine:

If you removed any emotional investment from your own models (building, painting, customization, etc), would you trade armies with your opponent and would you enjoy playing against your own forces with their army?

Other thoughts?

I don't think this question will work very well. If I removed any emotional investment from my models I probably wouldn't bother playing at all. The emotional investment I have in my models - the work I put into building them, the work I put into creating a list that will be both fun to play and stand a chance of winning - are a big part of what I come to this hobby for. The other part is hanging out with my fellow nerds, which I can do already.

I'd argue that it's the other way around. The TFGs are the ones without an emotional attachment to their armies. They're the ones who are just here to win, period.

Wolfshade
08-09-2012, 03:38 AM
Easy,

Do you wash regularly?

Playing with smelly people is not fun

spaceman91
08-09-2012, 03:46 AM
are you more interested in winning or have a laugh ? I will not play with anyone who's sole aim is to win, yes winning is fun but i would rather lose a fun game then win a crap one.

Xenith
08-09-2012, 03:56 AM
Ask them what their non special character HQ is called.

Renegade
08-09-2012, 06:54 AM
Ask them what their non special character HQ is called.

+1

Are they happy to play against things from Forge World?