PDA

View Full Version : Relic Knights: A Scifi Kickstarter

eldargal
08-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Just for you, TDA (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/relic-knights?ref=live):

http://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/103/564/de90582404b1727f384d39b1ac33fa42_large.jpg
http://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/102/238/86f24e50343cc1e5b2b8f1372f13527e_large.jpg
http://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/101/697/61ac5516159153cbe53f56d626f3bcde_large.jpg
http://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/104/699/c95188c22681d7308e0f84cdd3efcd01_large.jpg

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-08-2012, 08:44 AM
Dude! Is that a Liger?! :D

Very flash, and all for me! Excellent.

eldargal
08-08-2012, 08:46 AM
I'm not big into the anime style myself, but I'm tempted to pledge just to get the horny daemon looking girl to use as a Keeper of Secrets.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-08-2012, 08:48 AM
Heh, "horny". :p

I must admit that I'm not massive into anime either, or anything weeaboo for that matter, but I'll have a look into it.

energongoodie
08-08-2012, 08:59 AM
I think I'm gonna jump on board. I bought the Black Diamond Relic Knight 'One Shot' a while ago. It wasn't in great shape when I opened the box and I haven't had a chance to sit down to repair it, build it, paint it. I think I shall wait to see what the unlockable factions are and what the stretch goals are gonna be before I commit.
I just fancy painting the models as they are quite lovely and very different to what I am used to.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
08-08-2012, 09:00 AM
I know I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but that cover just plain bugs me :P I know having the arse-shot is of utmost importance, but this pose is hiding all the interesting bits of the mechs.

They've some very talented sculptors behind this, although a bittt of the posing feels a little off.

Good amount of support they've got going, wonder if they'll hit the 100k "release everything!" goal.

Gotthammer
08-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Interesting to note that it's via Coolmini, rather than Soda Pop themselves after the Tentalce Bento 'incident'.

Hope the Cerci Speed faction gets unlocked personally.

energongoodie
08-08-2012, 10:32 AM
after the Tentalce Bento 'incident'.

What happened?

eldargal
08-08-2012, 10:33 AM
I wondered about that, Tentacle Bento being cancelled was quite amusing (bit of an overreaction, but then it is based in America) and they got funding anyway. I assume it is happening through CMON because KS have banned SodaPop but that is just speculation.

Some of the concept art/models are growing on me I have to say, still not sure I'd pledge much more than the basic one team thing (if I pledge at all) simply because I'm not sure I'd ever play it.

Edit: Energongoodie, Kickstarter cancelled it because it was a card game about Japanese tentacle rape, basically. Well that's a bit harsh, it is a game about implied tentacle rape, you are an alien disguised as a cute Japanese school girls and you have to set up situations to kidnap other school girls to steal some of their essence. It was very innuendo heavy and a bit silly but not exactly harmful.

wittdooley
08-08-2012, 10:51 AM
They're going to hit the 100k in no problem. I'd say they'll be well over that by the end of the week.

As for the minis: I have a bunch of them and they really do look lovely. The game is also, really, really fun. It has more a resource management mechanic with the cards, which IMO allows for more planning than your standard dice roller.

I'll actually have a full write up of the game from GenCon, so there's that. I know a fair amount, so if ya'll have any questions, ask away.

Certs
08-08-2012, 09:15 PM
The minis look really cool, going to have to remember to eventually invest in some models from them... and maybe persuade friends to do so as well.

energongoodie
08-10-2012, 02:37 AM
They are over the 100k mark but I am waiting to see if they start chucking in a wodge of extra miniatures before I jump on board.

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-11-2012, 06:01 AM
Looks decent to me, I like anime quite a lot - I didn't used to, but over the past few years iv found theres stuff with really excellent and imaginative storytelling out there I had no idea of.

Models look decent, still never seem to get the eyes on them right though for some reason (or is that just me?). Don't think I'd pledge to this though but it does fill a Niche I've not really seen elsewhere.

Now if only someone would do a tokusatsu based skirmish game complete with Kaijin and Kamen Rider ripoffs...

DarkDesigner
08-13-2012, 10:26 AM
I've been keeping an eye on this Kickstarter since it started, I'm amazed by how much it's jumped up every day. I'm in the process of badgering my mates to see if I can get a decent gaming group together for it, and to get us all a better deal by making one pledge between us. Not that I'm that fussed about playing, I'm much more of a painter than a gamer any way.

I'm not big into the anime style myself, but I'm tempted to pledge just to get the horny daemon looking girl to use as a Keeper of Secrets.

I just wanted to say, from what I've seen the horny devil girl Zineda that they show in the pictures isn't part of the Noh starter faction included in this Kickstarter - the faction images show concepts for the all the models they intend to include and I didn't see her on the Noh one, although it seems to have mysteriously disappeared today. There is a 'cosplay' version of her that was unlocked when it passed the $120,000 mark that can be selected as a Special Edition mini though. If you wanted the one they showed painted in the photos, it's available on the site here (http://sodapopminiatures.com/content/high-priestess-zineda-spite).

Also I was thinking, given the emphasis on Mechs and solos, the Relic Knight models could proxy quite well for Warmachine figures. I showed a mate of mine the Privateer Press website recently but he wasn't a fan of the models, which sucked for me as I'd already bought the 2-player box set. Both of us being anime fans however, perhaps he might take to this instead. Has anyone tried this with Soda Pop's existing range? How do the scales match up?

eldargal
08-13-2012, 10:35 AM
Thanks, guess I won't be pledging then.:) Then again...

DarkDesigner
08-15-2012, 04:00 AM
Thanks, guess I won't be pledging then.:) Then again...

No problem :)

Has anyone from the UK ever had to pay a customs fee on a kickstarter for importing into the country? It occured to me the other day that the more you put into a Kickstarter the more attractive it becomes for the government to get in on it. I once had to pay a whole third on top of the price I paid just to get a board game from America, and I really don't fancy that sort of hefty fee being levied on a $200+ order :(

Belial69
08-16-2012, 02:56 AM
Currently they are trying to get a UK distributor to avoid us having to pay the extra tax. Could always put 'gift' and a low value on the shipping label, lol. Between my gaming group, I think we'll probably have about ten starters :) Really looking forward to the release, been interested in these for ages.

Eldargal, the Zenida model would be a little small for a KoS. Would make a good Daemon Prince though :) off the top of my head, she's around the $26 mark on Sodapop's site.

DarkDesigner
08-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Currently they are trying to get a UK distributor to avoid us having to pay the extra tax. Could always put 'gift' and a low value on the shipping label, lol. Between my gaming group, I think we'll probably have about ten starters :) Really looking forward to the release, been interested in these for ages.

Awesome, cheers for the update. How would that work with the Kickstarter? Or would that only be for the sale of their models in future? Yeah I've heard about the gift loophole, I just worry about ordering too much and claiming a low value, knowing my luck I'd get the jobsworth who googles proper prices and whacks a double fine on there.

I've spoken to a couple of my mates but the general consensus is they want to wait and see who else wants to buy them. ME! HELLO! This is the expression of interest right here...

energongoodie
08-16-2012, 02:55 PM
I have decided not to pledge until we find out what Base insert bonus pack and Boost Lvl 1 are, so 220k.
I need more minis for my money.

DarkDesigner
08-22-2012, 08:54 AM
We'll be using a 3rd party shipper for EU shipments so you will not need to deal with HM Customs.

Ok, so I decided to ask them and see what was going on for UK and EU pledgers, and I got this reply. Looks like we will have an EU distributor so there shouldn't be any nasty tax surprises when the goods finally arrive.

I have decided not to pledge until we find out what Base insert bonus pack and Boost Lvl 1 are, so 220k.
I need more minis for my money.

Here's what they're saying about the Base Inserts:

These decorative inserts are a great way to spice up your collection of Relic Knight miniatures with fantastic themed plastic bases. These bases feature clusters of "Esper crystals" on a sleek sci-fi spaceship decking texture. Each set comes with 1x 80mm, 1x 50mm, 2x 40mm, and 5x 30mm base inserts. As the darkspace grows, the tides of Esper begins to seep into the universe taking physical form. Places of particular concentration of this energy sometime show in the form of clusters of radiant crystals, seemingly able to jut out of any surface, these beautiful glowing growths are only harbingers of destruction, as they magnify and grow, tendrils of Darkspace are surely barreling toward their locus at unimaginable speed.

Ok our concept guy is still working these but we'll get pics of these shortly. One set will be added to each Savior set (i.e Double Savior and GTGEA will have 2 and 3 respectively). So you'll have plenty of fancy stuff to fight over!

I'll be honest, as these are only one set for every two factions, I'm really not fussed by this. It's nice to get freebies but as it's not going to be enough for each model, and with each faction needing different sized bases anyway it seems a little odd.

Boost Level 1 is a lot more like it however:

Each Faction Starter gets these extra models for their specific Faction (i.e. one Boost per Faction Starter box)! (Kickstarter only)

They go into more detail about it on the page (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/relic-knights/posts/292983), but basically it's 2-5 of the generic troops for each faction depending on size and possibly points in the game. What they haven't stated is whether there will be more variety to the sculpts or if there will be more multiples of what's already included. Possibly not a concern for Diamon, Noh and the Paladins but the other, more individual factions could suffer from a lack of variety.

Anyway, that's my tuppence worth, I'll be holding off til one of my buddies say they are definitely going in on it with me for maximum cost effectivity, otherwise I'll probably wait til they hit the stores over here next year some time.

wittdooley
08-22-2012, 09:57 AM
If any of my UK pals on here want in, but are afraid of the shipping, or just want one of the factions, etc, dont hesitate to let me know. I'd be happy to add you to my order and I'll ensure everything is marked as a gift and shipped the cheapest it can be.

The game is super fun, and I'd hate for you to miss out on better pricing because of exorbinante shipping rates or fear that you'll have to pay duty or tax for it.

Lemme know.

DarkDesigner
08-23-2012, 08:22 AM
If any of my UK pals on here want in, but are afraid of the shipping, or just want one of the factions, etc, dont hesitate to let me know. I'd be happy to add you to my order and I'll ensure everything is marked as a gift and shipped the cheapest it can be.

The game is super fun, and I'd hate for you to miss out on better pricing because of exorbinante shipping rates or fear that you'll have to pay duty or tax for it.

Lemme know.

That's really good of you to offer mate :) I'll probably pass though, I don't think the postage is too bad really, as long as they don't increase it as they add more minis. If I go in for this Kickstarter it'll be with a local friend, so that I definitely have someone I can play it with when it comes. Cheers though!

Looking forward to seeing what they reveal after they hit $220,000!

wittdooley
08-23-2012, 08:30 AM
That's really good of you to offer mate :) I'll probably pass though, I don't think the postage is too bad really, as long as they don't increase it as they add more minis. If I go in for this Kickstarter it'll be with a local friend, so that I definitely have someone I can play it with when it comes. Cheers though!

Looking forward to seeing what they reveal after they hit $220,000!

I talked with Cadice at GenCon and here's what he told me/alluded to:

1. They have three Boosts Planned. His Goal, if the Kickstarter reaches their expectation, is that each faction selection should contain between 15-30 minis (lower for Noh, obviously, due to their size). So if you go with the "standard" choice, you're looking at between 40-60 minis total, or less than $2 a mini when all is said and done.

2. He hinted at the potential for some new Relic Knights. He's dropped the hint in a couple of the updates as well.. "I'd recommend using the same faction, but different Relic Knights against each other," etc.

3. They have some really quality animators that are associated with them, and I know he's dropped hints before at an OVA. I realize this wouldn't appeal to EVERYONE, but I think it would be cool.

eldargal
08-23-2012, 10:48 PM
Well, finally decided I would pledge. Getting Esper Font and Mercenary charter and perhaps a couple more of the special edition figures. Think I'll go with Cerci Speed Circuit, all girls, yay!

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-24-2012, 08:30 AM
Well, finally decided I would pledge. Getting Esper Font and Mercenary charter and perhaps a couple more of the special edition figures. Think I'll go with Cerci Speed Circuit, all girls, yay!

I knew you would in the end :p

eldargal
08-24-2012, 08:37 AM
Ha.:p I actually like the sound of Doctrine, from a background perspective, but I don't like the male sculpts in it at all.

wittdooley
08-24-2012, 09:34 AM

Dammit.. I was going to propose a trade to you where I gave you one RK starter and you hooked me up with some Reaper schtuffs.

WTF am I going to do now. Come on EG. Think about other people sometimes. Gosh.:D

eldargal
08-24-2012, 09:42 AM
You'd be surprised how self centred I am.:p Or maybe not...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-24-2012, 09:44 AM
You'd be surprised how self centred I am.:p Or maybe not...
Incredibly self-centered.

DarkDesigner
08-24-2012, 01:00 PM
Ok, I don't know if they deliver outside of the UK or Europe, but here's an offer at least for Brits. Today I got a Maelstrom newsletter, and they're doing some warehouse clearance on minis including Soda Pop stuff. Obviously these are going to be mostly metal ones and nothing new from this Kickstarter, but I was thinking for models that aren't included.

The link can be found here (http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/index.php?act=cat&cre=min-sdp-rkn).

To get 30% off you need the newsletter code which is WAREHOUSE-CLEARANCE. The offer is on til Monday 27th at Midnight (GMT), though they often extend these things.

My own experience of Maelstrom is that they often do some really good reductions on even their normal stock, usually at least 10% off, but they sometimes take a little while processing the order. Also note that the 30% will be off RRP, not an additional percentage off their store price.

I know people would probably rather spend their monies on the Kickstarter, but this is an alternative for people who aren't grabbed by anything on the KS.

They're also offering money off of these ranges:

- Artizan: World War II
- Carnevale
- Citadel Hobby
- Coat d'Arms
- Confrontation
- Cool Mini or Not
- Creative Models
- Dark Age
- Enigma
- Eden
- Fantasy Flight Board Games
- Fantasy Flight Living Card Games
- Fantasy Flight Role-Playing Games
- Forged in Battle
- Freebooter's Fate
- Games Workshop's Black Library
- Games Workshop's Lord of the Rings
- Gamezone Miniatures
- Great War Miniatures
- Hell Dorado
- Kabuki Models
- Kingdom Death
- KR Multicases
- Laser Fuchs
- Magic: the Gathering
- Mantic Games, including Kings of War and Warpath
- MERCS
- Micro Art Studio
- Nemesis
- Red Box Games
- Relics
- Scibor Miniatures
- Secrets of the Third Reich
- Soda Pop Miniatures
- SphereWars
- Smart Max, including Smog: 1888 and Mauser Earth
- Tale of War
- The Templar's Forge range (which is now deleted)
- Ultra-Pro
- Vallejo
- Warlord Games
- Woodland Scenics

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Ok I just looked, they have USD and Euro options for prices so I assume they must deliver outside of the UK.

DarkDesigner
08-24-2012, 01:31 PM

I was actually going to ask which factions everyone would choose if they did pledge, not surprised you went for Cerci at all, though for a sec I thought you were leaning towards Noh!

With the reveals about the Boost Levels added I've started forming some opinions. Originally I was keeping my mind open so that if my friends do decide they want to go in on this and choose a faction I can choose a different one without too much heartbreak. However, I think I've narrowed it down to three:

Cerci Speed Circuit - I think these to me feel the most anime-esque, not least of all because they seem to be mainly female!
Black Diamond - I wasn't fussed about them til they revealed the ninja's at the next boost level :3
Star Nebula Corsairs - Hopefully they'll do some good headswaps for the extra pirates as I really think these will suffer the most (Cerci and Doctrine will as well) if they're all the same.

That said, I do really like the aesthetic of the Noh and their next reveal could change everything, and the Shattered Sword would look really good painted as Gundams. Doctrine are probably my least favourite despite the mecha panther and cat familiar.

eldargal
08-24-2012, 10:16 PM
I was actually tempted by Noh until I found out that you didn't get the demon girl Zineda or whatever her name is with them.:)

I've upped my pledge to Savior@100USD because I realised it was a much better deal. So I'll get twoteams, Cerci and I haven't decided the other yet. I'd go with Black Diamond if some of the minions were girls, otherwise perhaps Doctrine. Though I don't particularly like the models bar the relick night either.

energongoodie
08-25-2012, 12:32 AM
The next Black diamond minis to be added as a stretch goal will be female ninja types if that helps make your mind up.

eldargal
08-25-2012, 12:40 AM
It's a big incentive, but it's still only 2/10 figures being female compared to Cerci at 8/10 and Doctrine and Shattered Sword both 3/10. In some ways I think I'd prefer Noh because I like the demons and I can use that demon ho who isn't part of the KS (apart from the cosplay version).

DarkDesigner
08-25-2012, 04:50 AM
I was actually tempted by Noh until I found out that you didn't get the demon girl Zineda or whatever her name is with them.:)

I've upped my pledge to Savior@100USD because I realised it was a much better deal. So I'll get twoteams, Cerci and I haven't decided the other yet. I'd go with Black Diamond if some of the minions were girls, otherwise perhaps Doctrine. Though I don't particularly like the models bar the relick night either.

Yeah Saviour is definitely a better deal. Are you keeping the rulebook or getting an option instead? What about the Pirate Faction? Looks like that'll be 4 out of 10 again. You could always see if anyone would swap you some more females for males - that's possibly a bit optimistic of course!

It's a big incentive, but it's still only 2/10 figures being female compared to Cerci at 8/10 and Doctrine and Shattered Sword both 3/10. In some ways I think I'd prefer Noh because I like the demons and I can use that demon ho who isn't part of the KS (apart from the cosplay version).

I agree it's a shame more of the minions aren't female, but thing is that's the same in any wargame. I guess the logic is that women will get raised through the ranks quicker in that universe if they choose to join the faction. I don't want to get into a gender argument but that does seem to be the trend in Anime if not in real life.

Also, did you see the post I made on the previous page about Maelstrom games? They're doing a warehouse clearout and some Soda Pop minis are included, so you could get Zineda relatively cheaply in metal. The risk of course would be if they decide to switch her over to plastic for this Kickstarter, but I don't know how likely that is.

eldargal
08-25-2012, 05:21 AM
I'll keep the rulebook, I like having physical copies of the rules. Trading it for an extra 35 isn't really that relevent to me, thus far I'm getting everything I want with a 155 pledge, ruelbook included.:) I actually don't like the Corsair aesthetic much at all, nice sculpts but not at all appealing to me personally.

I did see that, I'm going to check Wayland for Zineda momentarily.:)

DarkDesigner
08-25-2012, 05:32 AM
I'll keep the rulebook, I like having physical copies of the rules. Trading it for an extra 35 isn't really that relevent to me, thus far I'm getting everything I want with a 155 pledge, ruelbook included.:) I actually don't like the Corsair aesthetic much at all, nice sculpts but not at all appealing to me personally.

I did see that, I'm going to check Wayland for Zineda momentarily.:)

Cool, yeah I'm the same, even if I never play a game I like having rulebooks :) I know what you mean about the Corsairs, if I were to go with them I might bulk out the arms and legs a bit on the Relic Knight. Probably come up with a new colour scheme as well. I'm also not sure I like the sample mini they've shown for the Shattered sword minion, although that could be down to the paintjob.

By the way, did someone mention a Relic Knights Anime OVA. That would be amazing.

DarkDesigner
08-26-2012, 04:45 PM
SO Relic Knights has finally revealed the next goal at $280,000 (Cosplay Iron Chef) and silhouettes of the next Boost Level at $300,000 (as I type they are on $263,825).

It's starting to look quite interesting and I expect there will be some renewed interest in the project with some of the Boost EX addons.

My personal opinion is that while some more figures will encourage the people who have already bidded to up their pledges, what they really want to do is add to that base package to encourage more backers to join the throng, especially non-US ones to whom the postage is clearly an issue.

eldargal
08-29-2012, 08:42 AM
300k reached, so we have:

New goal chart
http://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/136/000/ba3aaa2ef44a4864c2cdc8dd3e2ab9c4_large.jpg

Breasts! I mean, Zineda
http://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/136/002/48a5260ddb3a04c99e0e915553e85aff_large.jpg

PENNY ARCADE FIGURES?!
http://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/136/018/a63e7215422ccc9b0a8aa526722c9e6f_large.jpg
http://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/136/023/b8128676ff8e8cd221b868301311c24c_large.jpg

eldargal
08-29-2012, 08:43 AM
Oh and, yay another girl for Cerci:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/136/009/93058b51793f2e89c7bc411f02208cd8_large.jpg

And hte little cypher things for the PA figures:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/136/021/6cbf7eaef0a345069796d92e376fb4ce_large.jpg
http://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/136/025/a8b4471fb70818fd64877adad01b0c7e_large.jpg

DarkDesigner
08-29-2012, 09:10 AM
Mmmm Penny Arcade minis *blarglgargl*

I'm still not particularly bothered by Doctrine or Corsairs (could see myself playing SNC over Doctrine though) but may need to grab those minis anyway...

energongoodie
08-29-2012, 09:18 AM
I broke.I couldn't resist. I'm in. I'm gonna go for Black Diamond and Cerci.

DarkDesigner
08-29-2012, 09:48 AM
I broke.I couldn't resist. I'm in. I'm gonna go for Black Diamond and Cerci.

I'm so close to being in too. My mate just wants another look at the factions and the options and stuff, and then we'll be going in on a Saviour together. Then the hard part will be choosing a different faction from him (we have annoyingly similar tastes in minis) and resisting the urge to add too many add-ons.

DarkDesigner
08-30-2012, 06:44 AM
Aaaaand... I'm in :) My mate and I are sharing a Saviour and will be getting Noh (my mate) and Black Diamond or Cerci for me depending on what each faction has at the end of it all. Slim chance of SNP perhaps... would love to get more than one faction but I'm tapped out after Reaper, and I do not regret that one bit :D

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-30-2012, 06:47 AM
Tapped Out?

Sounds like M:TG to me. :p

odinsgrandson
08-30-2012, 09:28 AM
By the way, I've played Relic Knights using the resin/pewter minis that they have and the stat cards from last year (so, let's just call it the beta version).

The game is fantastic. Both players stay very active, the game flows forward very well, you use a ton of the board, even in matches where everyone is in melee for most of the fight (they tend to keep moving even when they're fighting in melee). There seem to be almost as many skill that move enemy models around as there are that outright damage them (and quite a few that do both). There are also a lot of great skills and spells that just mess with people (Scratch has one of the craziest).

eldargal
08-30-2012, 10:15 AM
I'm currently debating whether or not to get the extras for Cerci. 25 is a big chunk extra on top of 125 for saviour and shipping plus 50 for the cosplay characters (they are all so cute) and another 30 for the Penny Arcade figures. Can't decide.:(

I like his t-shirt...
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/chive-everywhere-414.jpg

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-30-2012, 10:19 AM
What's going on next to him? I don't even know what to call that article of clothing. :p

eldargal
08-30-2012, 10:23 AM
Oh? I hadn't noticed.:p

That is what we call 'cosplay' and she (Marie Claude Bourbonnais) is one of the consistently better cosplays on the 'merican con' circuit.

wittdooley
08-30-2012, 11:02 AM
She's dressed as Rin Farrah from ther Cersi Speed Circuit faction.

In addition to being very 'talented,' Marie-Claude was really really nice to talk to. Very intelligent and surprisingly down to earth.

DarkDesigner
08-30-2012, 12:28 PM
By the way, I've played Relic Knights using the resin/pewter minis that they have and the stat cards from last year (so, let's just call it the beta version).

The game is fantastic. Both players stay very active, the game flows forward very well, you use a ton of the board, even in matches where everyone is in melee for most of the fight (they tend to keep moving even when they're fighting in melee). There seem to be almost as many skill that move enemy models around as there are that outright damage them (and quite a few that do both). There are also a lot of great skills and spells that just mess with people (Scratch has one of the craziest).

I must admit, I'm pretty psyched about this game, it sounds like it flows really well, what with it being halfway between a TTG and a CCG. My mate and I are only going in for one rulebook at the moment though, they quoted a cost of $35 if we want to add another one, but I don't see it retailing that much higher after this, so we'll share for the moment and decide later whether to buy another one to have one each. After all, if it turns out we don't like the rules, it's easier to get rid of one book than two...

Tapped Out?

Sounds like M:TG to me. :p

Yep, my bank account is totally manascrewed.

She's dressed as Rin Farrah from ther Cersi Speed Circuit faction.

In addition to being very 'talented,' Marie-Claude was really really nice to talk to. Very intelligent and surprisingly down to earth.

She's also being immortalised as a Special Edition mini, though I still can't work out who her mini is cosplaying as!

My word though, she does have huge... uh... sleeves...

DarkDesigner
08-30-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm currently debating whether or not to get the extras for Cerci. 25 is a big chunk extra on top of 125 for saviour and shipping plus 50 for the cosplay characters (they are all so cute) and another 30 for the Penny Arcade figures. Can't decide.:(

Oh yeah, when this hits $350,000 (which it should do), all the optional extras will have free add-ons, so where your $25 or $35 would have only got you one or two figs previously, now it'll get you another couple and is much more worthwhile as they'll retail separately after this :)

I actually worked out which faction has the most add-ons and therefore the most outlay if they want to get everything available to them, as it currently stands they are:

Cerci - $55
SNC - $50
Doctrine - $50
Noh - $45
BD - $45
SSP - $35

That is based on buying the SE cosplay figures as well as their options, and remembering that Cerci, Doctrine and SNC all have two sets of SE figures at the moment. It doesn't take into account that you may get a free figure included with your pledge level.

wittdooley
08-30-2012, 01:14 PM
Cerci - $55
SNC - $50
Doctrine - $50
Noh - $45
BD - $45
SSP - $35

That is based on buying the SE cosplay figures as well as their options, and remembering that Cerci, Doctrine and SNC all have two sets of SE figures at the moment. It doesn't take into account that you may get a free figure included with your pledge level.

Oh, it's a much better deal than that. For Example, in the Noh Faction, each Ahga is $20 on it's own. Each Noh figure, as they're quite large, is usually between $22-$27. So for the Noh Boost RIGHT NOW, you're looking at ~$85 of models for $35.

The Girls on the Bikes are, I believe, 20 a piece, etc. The boosts are a great deal.

DarkDesigner
08-30-2012, 01:24 PM
Oh, it's a much better deal than that. For Example, in the Noh Faction, each Ahga is $20 on it's own. Each Noh figure, as they're quite large, is usually between $22-$27. So for the Noh Boost RIGHT NOW, you're looking at ~$85 of models for $35.

The Girls on the Bikes are, I believe, 20 a piece, etc. The boosts are a great deal.

Don't get me wrong, when compared to the metal equivalents already sold by Soda Pop, the deals are fantastic regardless of which faction you choose. I was merely comparing them within a kickstarter. I didn't even have an agenda. On the one hand, yes a Cerci player would pay more if they wanted all their add ons, but for what they get I think it's a very good price. On the other hand SSP don't have so many options and those they do have are not as expensive, so you could either see that as being under-represented, or as being the best value. I am merely providing the figures as a catalyst for further discussing :D

wittdooley
08-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Don't get me wrong, when compared to the metal equivalents already sold by Soda Pop, the deals are fantastic regardless of which faction you choose. I was merely comparing them within a kickstarter. I didn't even have an agenda. On the one hand, yes a Cerci player would pay more if they wanted all their add ons, but for what they get I think it's a very good price. On the other hand SSP don't have so many options and those they do have are not as expensive, so you could either see that as being under-represented, or as being the best value. I am merely providing the figures as a catalyst for further discussing :D

Sa'l good. I think we're actually speaking the same language.

I was just trying to show that you may even be undervaluing some of the packages. That's all :D

DarkDesigner
08-30-2012, 04:58 PM
By the way, for anyone who hasn't seen them yet, they've updated the image of the Special Edition cosplay characters, all now in colour and most of them with new poses.

eldargal
08-30-2012, 10:25 PM
Pity she used synthetic fibre for the sleeves...;)

My word though, she does have huge... uh... sleeves...

The new cosplay art does look rather good, I was thinking I might drop a couple to go towards the optional bits but now I don't think I will:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/138/246/100c5892239a53c4b94f4176203beb1c_large.jpg

The one criticism I have at this point is that hte csplay Penny Arcade characters don't look enough like their inspiration. It's not a big criticism, but give nthat they apparently asked and received permission and don't have to worry about copyright a bit more PA feel would have been nice.

eldargal
08-31-2012, 12:46 AM
I know it is a double post, but the size of his picture warrants it:

A guide to everything you get in a Saviour pledge:
http://www.coolminiornot.com/images/kickstarter-rk/Catalog-Template-1600px.jpg

DarkDesigner
08-31-2012, 03:15 AM
The new cosplay art does look rather good, I was thinking I might drop a couple to go towards the optional bits but now I don't think I will:

The one criticism I have at this point is that hte csplay Penny Arcade characters don't look enough like their inspiration. It's not a big criticism, but give nthat they apparently asked and received permission and don't have to worry about copyright a bit more PA feel would have been nice.

I have no idea why I didn't post that picture with my post. Got lazy!

I think a lot of people on the comments for the KS, especially those who weren't fans of Penny Arcade, seemed quite glad they had been 'Soda Popped' up for their characters. To be honest I agree, anyone could make minis of the PA guys as trophies or display pieces, but by integrating them into the universe soda pop have created something which can be enjoyed even by people who don't like the comic.

eldargal
08-31-2012, 03:29 AM
Fair enough, I'm not advocating that they should be carbon copies of their PA characters, I just think they have gone a bit too far the other way. If you weren't told they were Gabe and Tycho, you wouldn't really guess. Apart from Fruit Fudgcaker and the Merch of course.:)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-31-2012, 03:30 AM
Nothing makes me feel more worthless than a Kickstarter. :p

DarkDesigner
08-31-2012, 03:33 AM
Fair enough, I'm not advocating that they should be carbon copies of their PA characters, I just think they have gone a bit too far the other way. If you weren't told they were Gabe and Tycho, you wouldn't really guess. Apart from Fruit Fudgcaker and the Merch of course.:)

True, I can see what you mean. Other than the hair styles and cyphers, you'd need to know that's who they are first, but then I think a lot of that will come in the paint scheme. Lovers of PA can adopt a colour scheme which really highlights who they are, and anyone else can just paint them as a regular figure and pretend it's someone else.

Nothing makes me feel more worthless than a Kickstarter. :p

Aww why do you say that? Do you mean penniless, as that's why I'll be for the rest of the year...

eldargal
08-31-2012, 03:36 AM
It isn't like it is a big issue or anything, I'm still getting them. I just think they could have been marginally better.:)

Also, 350k hit, should be another update and stretch goal reveal and whatnot soon.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-31-2012, 03:38 AM
I mean both.

Renting a flat makes me poor, which means that I can no longer do things which makes me feel useless, especially with travel to work, I need to get a job in Shrewsbury...

Living to work. *sigh*

DarkDesigner
08-31-2012, 03:43 AM
It isn't like it is a big issue or anything, I'm still getting them. I just think they could have been marginally better.:)

Also, 350k hit, should be another update and stretch goal reveal and whatnot soon.

Don't hold your breath! SPM can sometimes take a couple of hours to update at the best of times, and they're attending / have attended some sort of Con, so could be quite a wait. I don't think that's a bad thing, I think Reaper spoiled us all by giving us what we wanted on the nose of every stretch.

I mean both.

Renting a flat makes me poor, which means that I can no longer do things which makes me feel useless, especially with travel to work, I need to get a job in Shrewsbury...

Living to work. *sigh*

I know that feeling brother. Not at the moment so much, but soon...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-31-2012, 03:44 AM
Soon I shall conquer Midgard.
It shall be GLORIOUS.

eldargal
08-31-2012, 04:34 AM
That is one thing I think Reaper did very well and otheres would do well to emulate, very prompt updates. Makes you feel warm and fizzy inside.

Also, if it hasn't been mentioned already (I'mm too lazy to check) the rules are available for download and beta testing here (http://rk.sodapopminiatures.com/).

Oh, I upped my pledge for the Cerci extras too.:rolleyes:

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-31-2012, 04:38 AM
Warm and fuzzy?

Sounds like a party

DarkDesigner
08-31-2012, 05:47 AM
That is one thing I think Reaper did very well and otheres would do well to emulate, very prompt updates. Makes you feel warm and fizzy inside.

Also, if it hasn't been mentioned already (I'mm too lazy to check) the rules are available for download and beta testing here (http://rk.sodapopminiatures.com/).

Oh, I upped my pledge for the Cerci extras too.:rolleyes:

Reaper had very good support in that way, in all honesty I don't know how they did it without having night shifts or offices on the other side of the world to take over. While I agree they should have someone checking more often, I really think the impetus should be on Kickstarter to implement some sort of auto-update feature so that they can queue up stretch goals. Also a more user-friendly forum-like comments page would be nice, so you don't have to wade through all the repeated requests for total costs, whining about postage, etc. I realise it's a relatively new business so hopefully they'll sort some of this stuff out.

Not had a proper read through yet but the rules look pretty sweet. I did check out one thing I was wondering, which is why the SE minis are faction specific, I figured they'd sell a lot more if players could use them with any faction. However with the way Esper works that would make them very powerful as you could include minis to use up the Esper cards you don't usually need. So I'm not expecting to see allies rules in this - at least not in the 1st edition!

eldargal
08-31-2012, 06:40 AM
Agreed, it really is Kickstarters failing rather than CMON/SPM. You can't expect a small team of people to have someone around 24/7 to add updates, especially when daily pledged can fluctuate so much there is no guarantee when the goals will be met. Take today and yesterday (Kicktraq time) it saw pledges of 27l and 21k respectively, 16 and 10k more than the previous daily amounts and considerably more than the average. No way to predict that.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-31-2012, 06:48 AM
I think the Kickstarter market is getting flooded, there are simply too many at once.

eldargal
08-31-2012, 06:59 AM
That is a bit of a concern, though msot of them are much more modest than Bones, RK and Dreadball. I sincerely hope Coolminiornot give it a rest for a few months though I'm told they have another one planned for November. If that is true I do hope they will give it a rest for a while after that, as it stands Dreadball is really struggling along a bit in terms of pledges though their stretch goals are suitably modest as well.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-31-2012, 07:03 AM
Phew!
Fixed my bad grammar!

Yeah, I really need to look for a job in Shrews, I want cheap toys. :p

DarkDesigner
08-31-2012, 08:00 AM
That is a bit of a concern, though msot of them are much more modest than Bones, RK and Dreadball. I sincerely hope Coolminiornot give it a rest for a few months though I'm told they have another one planned for November. If that is true I do hope they will give it a rest for a while after that, as it stands Dreadball is really struggling along a bit in terms of pledges though their stretch goals are suitably modest as well.

I'm certainly not pledging for anything else (hopefully). I love the idea of Kickstarter, but the unavoidable con is having to wait for stuff to be produced! I've got Evil Baby Orphanage coming in November as a birthday present from my gf, but I have no idea how I'm going to keep from going mad while I wait for Bones in March and Relic Knights in May!

eldargal
08-31-2012, 08:54 AM
I've got Reaper and Red Box Games stuff 'on the way' and pledges in on Dreadball, Relic Knights, Dreamforge Games and probably Wreck Age.:rolleyes:

Also, new update!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/139/030/ded5687000e90d3e5ef71434e439133f_large.jpg

http://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/139/034/200223d150bf3955060d755d20cf4bd8_large.jpg

+ others.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-31-2012, 08:57 AM
Why is it that whenever I see Cerci I think of Cersei Lannister? :/

eldargal
08-31-2012, 09:41 AM
They updated again, the next reveal is chibi avatars for Super Dungeon Explore:
http://www.coolminiornot.com/images/kickstarter-rk/Cerci-Unlock-355k.jpg
No interest in these at all personally, but SDE seems popular so I'm sure a lot of people will be happy.

wittdooley
08-31-2012, 10:51 AM
As a RABID SDE Fan, I can tell you those chibis are going to boost this thing considerably.

I'm screwed now, that's for sure. I want all of the Cosplay ones and I KNOW I'm going to want the chibis

Looks like Princess Malya is first up. Can't wait.

eldargal
08-31-2012, 11:56 AM
Yep, despite the whining on the KS comments ('boo, how dare you give me the option of paying for something I might not want in addition to all teh great stuff I do want') it's obviously going to be a big boost. SDE is extremely popular. I justs don't like the aesthetic myself, never liked chibis, only just started to appreciate the general anime aesthetic actually.:rolleyes:

They have published details on what is and is not swappable:

OK! Confirmation on a couple of swappable / addable items.

Hardback Rulebook

Swappable for $35 credit on any optional items or additional Faction Starters. You can swap all your books if you wish, even if it means you get zero books (warning: Hard to play the full game with all your unlocked models with just Quickstart Rules).
Purchasable for $35 as an option on any pledge level

Faction Starter in Savior / Double Savior / GTGEA

Swappable for $50 credit on any optional items or rulebooks.
Does not decrease your eligibility for Special Edition Miniatures.
Purchasable for $50 as an option on Savior, Double Savior and Got to Get Em All
Does not increase your eligibility for Special Edition Miniatures.

Not swappable items

Lithographs
Special Edition Miniatures

May not use swapped credit for

Shipping
I think it might be betteer value for me now to upgrade to double saviour and swap out one faction for SE miniatures.

Gotthammer
08-31-2012, 12:00 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/139/034/200223d150bf3955060d755d20cf4bd8_large.jpg

Argh! Dammit Kickstarter stop taking all my money!

Also, I want that dress. They should make it a stretch goal or something >_>

eldargal
08-31-2012, 12:06 PM
I have to admit I'm seriously considering making a cosplay costume for that. I'm seriously considering pledging for the Corsair extras though, the mage is quite nice...

Gotthammer
08-31-2012, 12:25 PM
Half my pledge is for extras now :p I'm getting most of the single exclusives and a couple of the add ons, and most aren't even for the factions I'm wanting either.

Why cosplay? I'd dress up like that to go down to the shops :D
Side note - once Kickstarter / important real life stuff stops sucking all my funds I'm going here (http://www.galleryserpentine.com.au/default.aspx) and going broke.

eldargal
08-31-2012, 12:30 PM
Post pics!:p

Not including shipping half my pledge is extras too, including shipping it's a little less. I'm actually pleased about the chibi because it is one less thing I'll be adding to my total. Trying to be restrained after Reaper.

Gotthammer
08-31-2012, 12:56 PM
Oh I will, but you have to if you do :D
I also want this top hat (http://www.etsy.com/listing/78892440/the-prescott-top-hat) so I can loom imperiously over people. Taking my cues from the inventor of the Top Hat who was arrested for "appearing on the public highway wearing upon his head a tall structure having a shining lustre and calculated to frighten timid people".

Boss :cool:

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-31-2012, 01:00 PM
She'll never take pictures! I'm still waiting. :p

Gotthammer
08-31-2012, 01:07 PM
My theory: EldarGal is actually an advanced military wargaming program that became self aware, thus her extensive knowledge of the various forums and reluctance (or is it inability? dun dun duuuuun) to show her physical form.

We're through the looking glass people...

DarkDesigner
08-31-2012, 01:08 PM
Yep, despite the whining on the KS comments ('boo, how dare you give me the option of paying for something I might not want in addition to all teh great stuff I do want') it's obviously going to be a big boost. SDE is extremely popular. I justs don't like the aesthetic myself, never liked chibis, only just started to appreciate the general anime aesthetic actually.:rolleyes:

They have published details on what is and is not swappable:

I think it might be betteer value for me now to upgrade to double saviour and swap out one faction for SE miniatures.

I wondered that, if you want enough extras to take you over the price threshold for the next level is it worth going for that and swapping two factions out. As an international backer it wouldn't, as for every $10 saved on the level above, it adds a $25 postage cost. If you wanted an odd number of factions and enough add ons this is definitely the way to go.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-31-2012, 01:09 PM
My theory: EldarGal is actually an advanced military wargaming program that became self aware, thus her extensive knowledge of the various forums and reluctance (or is it inability? dun dun duuuuun) to show her physical form.

:eek:

THE TRUTH IS REVEALED.

The end times have come!

Gotthammer
08-31-2012, 01:16 PM
I think I hear the sound of black helicopters hovering outside. Break out the tinfoil people!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-31-2012, 01:30 PM
WARGARBL!

OT: I quite like the Black Diamond and the Corsairs. I'm so original. :rolleyes:

Gotthammer
08-31-2012, 01:35 PM
I'm going Cerci SC and Black Diamond. I'd been tempted to get One-shot when she came out but was put off by the price and such for just getting her. The plasticisation was what finally swayed me.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-31-2012, 01:36 PM
I'm going nothing, as usual. :p

eldargal
08-31-2012, 10:22 PM
I wish, that would fantastic.;) I approve of unshackled female AIs...

The Battlemat has been revealed:
http://www.coolminiornot.com/images/kickstarter-rk/PlaymatPreview.jpg
It is very nice, but at an extra 35 for an international buyer it is a significant extra investment. Not sure I'll get one or not. I'm atually really tempted to make a machine shop/garage/racetrack 3x3 board for Cerci myself.

I'm going Cerci and N'oh, though I'm tempted by Doctrine and Black Diamond as well.

Oh I forgot:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/139/527/af2afd86eaa2cd70780a703f006364b8_large.jpg

Belial69
09-01-2012, 03:59 AM
Dammit, sodapop stop taking my money. Got a lot of stuff coming up and should really not be spending money at all, nevermind on miniatures, but in for double saviour and a butt load of extras, gonna end up with GGEA at this rate. Oh well £1000 overdraft facility is there for a reason, lol.

DarkDesigner
09-01-2012, 09:01 AM
After spending ages trying to convince my mate to go in on a saviour with me, with these new swapping rules I find myself trying to convince him to double up! By my maths, for an international pledger, double saviour swapping out two factions for credit saves you $30 on the price you would pay if you were to buy it all on top of a normal Saviour.

Alas, it seems he's already on his limit and is happy just getting the one faction and one SE mini and no add-ons.

However, my gf has expressed a vague interest in the Doctrine... wish me luck...

DarkDesigner
09-01-2012, 09:51 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/140/237/8a7f50f2342800f90171c2f051ef1d66_large.jpg?1346513 386

I must admit, I do likes me a chibi. I don't currently have SDE though so she wouldn't get much use. Some idea of scale would be nice too!

Also:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/images/kickstarter-rk/OmniBase-Unlock-380k.jpg

Bases for all :) Looks like it'll be the generic 'Esper crystal' style bases rather than faction-specific ones.

EDIT: That's not chibi, that HUGE! Why it do that? Oh well, I'm using the SE round up image instead, so we don't have a giant chibi image.

Also, someone's trying to get people to put their locations down if they're a SPM backer, to help get the communities forming, so if you're a backer (or even just planning on playing it eventually), here's a Quotie:

Andrew Tressler about 11 hours ago
I set up a custom Google Map to use as a rudimentary player locator. A number of people have added their own locations, but it would be nice to have everyone included. To add yourself, follow this link:
http://goo.gl/maps/7JW0n
1. Find your location on the map.
2. Click on the big, red "EDIT" button in the left-hand panel.
3. Either right-click on the map and choose "Add a placemark" or click on the placemark icon in the top left corner of the map and place it on your location.
4. There is no step 4. You are on the map.
Per John Pope, you should be able to do follow these steps on an iPad if you turn off mobile view in your browser. I've confirmed that it works on an Android tablet, but I don't have an iPad. As a last resort you can ask nicely for someone else to add you.
You should be able to e-mail the person who added a placemark to the map by clicking on the placemark, selecting "more," and then "Send." If you are asking someone else to add you to the map it might be wise to request that they include your e-mail address or other contact information in the description.
I'm going to post this message a few times a day so that more people will see it before it gets buried. I apologize if it annoys anyone.

DarkDesigner
09-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Another stretch goal reached:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/images/kickstarter-rk/OmniBase-Unlock-400k.jpg

Also, they've revealed what the Boost EX2 will be:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/141/123/57d88ce410a67c5a3bef2f2a6f3087a4_large.jpg?1346604 453

More of the larger minion for each faction. More is always good :)

eldargal
09-04-2012, 09:02 AM
SDE CAlico Kate be all revealed and whatnot:
http://www.coolminiornot.com/images/kickstarter-rk/Chibi-CalicoKate-Unlock-430k.jpg

DarkDesigner
09-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Hooray! The forums aren't acting quite as mental as they were. Also, Relic Knights is updated!

The next placeholder, sorry, stretch goal is another Super Dungeon Explore Chibi:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/images/kickstarter-rk/Chibi-Sebastian-Unlock-480k.jpg

But the one after that is:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/images/kickstarter-rk/Manga-Unlock-500k.jpg

At $500k, we'll commission a 24 page Manga, Relic Knights issue #0! Available as a free PDF download or optional hardcopy purchase for $5! In the best tradition of issue zeros, it'll have great little origin stories, and set the pace and tone for all those crazy Relic Knight powers!

Woop woop woop!

In case you hadn't guessed, I'm pretty excited about that one :D

DarkDesigner
09-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Good news everyone!

This update may blow your mind (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/relic-knights/posts/302604)!

I can't seem to get pictures to display, but follow that and read it right to the end, and if you're anything like me (a big girl's blouse) you'll be squeeing your head off. At the very least you can tell your loved ones 'I'm only pledging to get that for you... I just had to spend my rent money to qualify for it...'.

eldargal
09-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Bah, just when I was telling myself I won't pledge anymore, they pull me back in... Want the hardcopy manga and the Noh and Cerci extras.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-06-2012, 12:53 AM
I'm having Yugioh flashbacks, not good!
They're like 'nam flashbacks but not lethal.

energongoodie
09-06-2012, 01:02 AM
I've HAD to add the new Black Dragons and the Royal Wrecker. If they get that wrecker looking like the art then it might be my favourite mini of the lot. I chucked in the $5 for the comic too. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on these models.

eldargal
09-06-2012, 04:33 AM
The wrecker is lovely. I'm hoping the comic is decent (also coloured and hopefully a series).

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-06-2012, 04:35 AM
Colour always helps, we're not in the '50s anymore. ;)

energongoodie
09-06-2012, 10:05 AM
The wrecker is lovely. I'm hoping the comic is decent (also coloured and hopefully a series).

Agreed. :)
A series would be a great way of expanding the fluff in a novel way, instead of... you know,... novels.

DarkDesigner
09-06-2012, 12:38 PM
I'm definately getting a hard copy of the manga, and getting two plushies, one for my girlfriend and one for me :D

I must say, the SDE stretches do seem to kill conversation in here, it's not until we get something Relic Knight related that there's anything to talk about! I'm definitely getting those Black Dragons, 3 is amazing value, hope to see Sophia some time soon too. And I was debating whether to get two Wreckers or not! Think I'll wait and just get the one.

Oh yeah, in other news, I'm getting Black Diamond and Cerci now. The offer just got too good for me to only get the one...

DarkDesigner
09-06-2012, 04:58 PM
Another day and another set of goals hit! The current choice of Special Edition miniatures is from the following:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/148/207/4d33b44ee427876c1eee35dec001fdcf_large.jpg?1346969 672

Also they have put up the next couple of Stretches after the next one:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/148/206/6f1bda7f8beaf7dc1acd297aefcbe78b_large.jpg?1346969 628

Exciting things. Boost stuff, which as I understand it are things you spend leftover points on. Chibi Kasaro, the Noh Warlord, which I may have to get just to believe that such a thing can be so. And, probably most exciting of all, alternate poses of Relic Knights. People on the comments have been clamouring for other poses so that those who aren't so bothered about fan service and bums and boobs in the air can have something else. I assume. Hey for all I know the alternates could be naked.

It certainly helped the Reaper...

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
09-06-2012, 06:41 PM
And, probably most exciting of all, alternate poses of Relic Knights. People on the comments have been clamouring for other poses so that those who aren't so bothered about fan service and bums and boobs in the air can have something else.That might be what finally gets me into this, too much fanservice spread on my mecha! It's like icing on steak :P

Would probably order One-Shot if the pilot was actually piloting it.

eldargal
09-07-2012, 12:33 AM
I don't mind the poses myself, seem in keeping with the anime aesthetic. No problem with alternate poses though, variety is always good. Finally reached the point were getting double saviour and swapping two factions was a lot more economical so I've done so. Still have thirty dollars to spare, hoping for some more nice extras.:)

Relic Knights also had its best day for funds pledged ever, so hopefully we will see that continue in the final stretch. Kicktraq projects an end goal of 615k-730k and it is usually fairly conservative so we should see another four goals met after this batch.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-07-2012, 01:09 AM
Weeaboos! Weeaboos everywhere!!

DarkDesigner
09-07-2012, 01:44 AM
That might be what finally gets me into this, too much fanservice spread on my mecha! It's like icing on steak :P

Would probably order One-Shot if the pilot was actually piloting it.

CoolMiniOrNot about 9 hours ago
Battle poses will be alt poses for Calico Kate, Malya and One Shot; i.e. not so pinup for those more seriously inclined. These will be a free inclusion, so you can pick which pilot you'd like to use!

Found this in the comments, looks like it's just the bootilicious models getting a resculpt. Only happened across it so I've no idea what the backlash of it was, but I imagine SSP, Noh and Doctrine players may have taken issue with being left out, and certain haters of Sebastian's pose may also not be best pleased.

eldargal
09-07-2012, 10:12 AM
560k hit and powering towards 580, just under 575 at the moment.

DarkDesigner
09-07-2012, 01:09 PM
560k hit and powering towards 580, just under 575 at the moment.

And now we're on 884K :) Chibi Kasaro-To unlocked, moving towards the reposes :D

DarkDesigner
09-07-2012, 04:02 PM
I thought now would be a good time to post the linky to the guide to the Saviour of the Universe pledge level. It's a good way to recap everything that we're getting and have access to :)

Linky (http://www.coolminiornot.com/images/kickstarter-rk/Catalog-Template-1600px.jpg).

eldargal
09-08-2012, 09:51 AM
630k met, SDE Whatsername achieved. New stretch goal revealed for 680k, Prismatic Relic Knight Candy & Cola:
http://www.coolminiornot.com/images/kickstarter-rk/Sodapop-Mech+Pilot-HD-Rush0001.jpg

Candy & Cola (Prismatic Relic Knight)
With the universe crumbling around them the fractured United Planetary Alliance has enlisted the aid of the dynamic duo Candy & Cola. Candy always knew she was meant for something greater and the coming of the Darkspace Calamity has provided her with just the opportunity she needs. To meet the challenge her cypher, Cola, has at last gifted her with a mighty Relic of her own. Now, soda fueled and sugar powered, Candy races through the galaxy, rallying those of courageous heart and noble deed around her. Darkspace won't know what hit it!

Candy possesses the ability, "Prismatic Champion", allowing her to lead a cadre fielding models from the factions: Order of the Shattered Sword, Cerci Speed Circuit, and Doctrine.
So a mix of factions, one assumes the remaining Boss reveal will be another Prismatic Knight for the other three factions.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-08-2012, 09:56 AM
I'd call it "Boob-a-tron" personally...

Gotthammer
09-08-2012, 10:03 AM
If they do another one I'd reckon it'll be Marie-Claude.

I was on the fence about this one until I read a comment about it looking like a guardian mode veritech. And I'd just boosted my pledge for the last round of $10 guys and the plushie... my poor wallet. At least I should get my bonus soon to pay for all this ^_^;

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-08-2012, 10:05 AM
But you can't pay for me to come to AUS? Shocking.

Gotthammer
09-08-2012, 10:13 AM
THIS IS WHY!!!!

:p

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-08-2012, 10:16 AM
God dammit Walrus. You disappoint me again!

DarkDesigner
09-08-2012, 10:44 AM
So a mix of factions, one assumes the remaining Boss reveal will be another Prismatic Knight for the other three factions.

Word on the comments is that she can pick a faction to work with, any one of the three, but not mix and match. Although nothing to stop you using house rules, it should be fair if the other player has the Dark Prism Knight and a mix of evil factions.

I am so very psyched about this update, mainly because to me it looks like a jet. Which makes me think maybe I'll buy a concorde model and mod it to have switchable arms and be a transformer, a la Gundam Wing.

energongoodie
09-08-2012, 02:01 PM
This really appeals to the transformer fanboy in me. Lovin it.

eldargal
09-08-2012, 11:25 PM
The last stretch goal and second boss revealed (previous one has been met obviously). 750k will be this:
http://www.coolminiornot.com/images/kickstarter-rk/Sodapop-Void-Reaper.jpg

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-09-2012, 02:57 AM
O_O

That guy is AWESOME!

isotope99
09-09-2012, 03:25 AM
Not sure the bosses are quite there yet, but they do acknowledge that they are early concept art.

The first one has too much cross over with the Cerci knight Malya and on the second one, the head of the mecha is where the pilot's waist is, so I don't see how he can fit in it without major discomfort.

Easy fixes though with some alterations to pose and dimension.

Impressed by the number of extras they have layered in throughout the process.

DarkDesigner
09-09-2012, 05:12 AM
Not sure the bosses are quite there yet, but they do acknowledge that they are early concept art.

The first one has too much cross over with the Cerci knight Malya and on the second one, the head of the mecha is where the pilot's waist is, so I don't see how he can fit in it without major discomfort.

Easy fixes though with some alterations to pose and dimension.

Impressed by the number of extras they have layered in throughout the process.

I agree they are clearly still in the early concept phase, but I think that both will be suitably awesome. Also, with regards to Candy and Malya's poses, Malya will be getting a more conservative action pose for people who don't what her pin-up pose. I was already considering using the action Malya pose instead anyway, so at least if Candy stays the same (which I kind of hope she does as I really think it lends her mech a sense of speed) they'll look different in my force.

And with regards to the new End Boss, my only decision is do I paint him as Sephiroth or Alucard from Hellsing?

DarkDesigner
09-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Ok, so there's 2 hours to go, and I haven't been around to update you guys! Basically we've thrashed both boss goals, and had two more added since!

These were hit at $830k:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/images/kickstarter-rk/Malaeech.jpg
http://www.coolminiornot.com/images/kickstarter-rk/Chee_Cordi.jpg

They're 2 for $30 or take up 3 SE mini slots together, or if you just one it's $20.

We're now working towards this:
http://www.coolminiornot.com/images/kickstarter-rk/Candy-Plushie.jpg

Unlock Candy Plushie at $888,888- Available for just $15 with any purchase of Cola Plushie! If we don't hit this stretch, she'll be available as a $30 purchase on her own.

So, it's looking like I'm going to have to lay down as much in the CKPM as I am pledging in the first place... no-one tell my gf pls.

eldargal
09-09-2012, 11:16 PM
I love the Void Herald model, ought to make a brilliant cosplay costume too.:rolleyes:

DarkDesigner
09-10-2012, 03:04 AM
I love the Void Herald model, ought to make a brilliant cosplay costume too.:rolleyes:

If you're serious about that, maybe you should see if they're recruiting Soda Pop girls (http://girls.sodapopminiatures.com/) in Britain.

At least you know roughly how long you've got to make it in time for when they'll be tauting the new game :)

Oh and:
http://www.coolminiornot.com/images/kickstarter-rk/kisaandscratchcompleteSMALL.jpg
Plus the last stretch goal was a t-shirt that could be added to your order for $15 if you want it, although they didn't hit it they said the Ts are go anyway. Will be interesting to see how that works as I'm going to have to try factor in the amount of weight I intend to lose vs. how much I'll probably actually gain by May...

dadarkkami
09-11-2012, 03:19 AM
I have made placeholder tokens to beta test the rules with for those interested check out the link below.

http://forums.sodapopminiatures.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=845

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp22/darkkami/DSC00238.jpg?t=1347351849

DarkDesigner
09-12-2012, 01:40 AM
I have made placeholder tokens to beta test the rules with for those interested check out the link below.

http://forums.sodapopminiatures.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=845

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp22/darkkami/DSC00238.jpg?t=1347351849

This is a great idea, I may have to see whether my mate is free of a weekend and do a bit of playtesting :)

DarkDesigner
10-25-2012, 03:11 PM
Sorry for posting twice in a row, but UPDATES!

We're hard at work here at Relic Knights HQ and new sculpts and art have started making their way to us. They're looking so awesome that we naturally had to share with our loyal backers. First up we have one that we know many of you were curious about when we said we'd be reworking her for plastic, Calico Kate!

As you can see, she boasts a number of refinements from her first sculpt. Including newly bulked up legs and arms to better withstand the constant use of gameplay. Plus a great new battle pose! This is just the first of the updates that we'll be releasing over the next several months as we march towards release date next year. Stay tuned for more!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/276905/posts/335610/image-174225-full.jpg?1351141419

eldargal
11-15-2012, 12:09 AM
Pledge Manager links have been emailed out over the past few days, so if you haven't got yours check your junk folders and whatnot. The pledge manager will be open 'til the start of January I believe.

wittdooley
11-15-2012, 07:58 AM
Pledge Manager links have been emailed out over the past few days, so if you haven't got yours check your junk folders and whatnot. The pledge manager will be open 'til the start of January I believe.

NOw to decide which factions to get.... hmmm.

DarkDesigner
01-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Now to decide which factions to get.... hmmm.

Lol yeah the big decision. I was originally going to get 2 factions, but given that I've just started working and had just been paid, I decided to go for 3. My mate that I was going in with decided on Noh, so I went with Cerci to oppose him, Black Diamond which was my other original first choice and Star Nebula Corsairs. So basically secondary colours.

Also, I've been following the '12 days of soda' that they did recently, but haven't had a chance to linky the pics here. Not really had much of a chance to do anything at all really. But I'm sitting down now, so here's 12 new images to drool over:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/276905/posts/369131/image-192192-full.jpg?1355499486
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/276905/posts/369702/image-192619-full.jpg?1355587719
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/276905/posts/370129/image-192953-full.jpg?1355673217
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/276905/posts/370635/image-193286-full.jpg?1355758135

DarkDesigner
01-03-2013, 03:49 PM
2/3 Days 5 to 8:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/276905/posts/371422/image-193735-full.jpg?1355845871
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/276905/posts/372140/image-194132-full.jpg?1355932308
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/276905/posts/372840/image-194513-full.jpg?1356017653
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/276905/posts/373486/image-194885-full.jpg?1356101429

DarkDesigner
01-03-2013, 03:51 PM
3/3 Days 9-12. There was verses to accompany, if you want the full experience, the first post is here (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/relic-knights/posts/369131).

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/276905/posts/374130/image-195225-full.jpg?1356191575
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/276905/posts/374548/image-195459-full.jpg?1356277147
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/276905/posts/374992/image-195727-full.jpg?1356364267
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/276905/posts/375398/image-196041-full.jpg?1356453240

DarkDesigner
02-18-2013, 06:40 PM
Perhaps because they didn't get anything over the 12 days of Soda Pop, the Shattered Sword have had these concept images released:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/276905/posts/391567/image-204296-full.jpg?1358990173
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/276905/posts/391567/image-204295-full.jpg?1358990165
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/276905/posts/396282/image-206805-full.jpg?1359651718

Incidentally, mayhaps this thread should be moved over to the shiny new KS board?

White Tiger88
02-18-2013, 11:01 PM
Holy **** i love those female sculpts!!!!

DarkDesigner
02-19-2013, 12:37 PM
Holy **** i love those female sculpts!!!!

They're nice aren't they! Not much of the Shattered Sword stuff really interests me except for the Paragons and the Purifiers... though some of the new characters are cool... the main problem is that the stuff that existed before the Kickstarter sucked, fortunately they have listened to feedback and resculpted some stuff, such as Isabeau Durand (though they still haven't changed the image on their webstore from the squished face version). I'm really excited to see the rest of the range that they haven't shown off yet. Roll on more updates!

eldargal
02-20-2013, 12:14 AM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/276905/posts/374548/image-195459-full.jpg?1356277147
]

Any idea what base size that is (looks like 40mm perhaps)? I was hoping to use her as a Keeper of Secrets but it looks like she may be too small.

White Tiger88
02-20-2013, 12:16 AM
No that looks demonette size Eldargal :(

On a side note however if anyone want's to share a kickstarter....lol i just want the female models!

DarkDesigner
02-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Actually I think you may be alright, they're definitely bigger than Daemonettes. Not sure what the scale is on them but if you look at most Noh models they are probably about ogre size or bigger comparitively to the rest of the models.

If you were really bothered I'm sure there would be something about their base size either in the rulebook or on the proxy images that someone on the forum made. But I reckon you'd be ok at least to use her as a daemon prince.

eldargal
02-20-2013, 02:25 PM
I did see a picture of the old Noh female sculpt and she seemed the right size, so hopefully this one is too.

ElectricPaladin
02-20-2013, 02:46 PM
This game looks really cool... is there a release date yet? I may have to let my friend who backed it convince me to buy in.

DarkDesigner
02-20-2013, 02:59 PM
This game looks really cool... is there a release date yet? I may have to let my friend who backed it convince me to buy in.

Unfortunately the opportunity for increasing pledges to choose more stuff ended in January, but they're saying it'll be ready in May (probably June or July is more likely). Did your friend get one of everything? Maybe they will, if they do you have nicer friends than I do!

ElectricPaladin
02-20-2013, 03:08 PM
Unfortunately the opportunity for increasing pledges to choose more stuff ended in January, but they're saying it'll be ready in May (probably June or July is more likely). Did your friend get one of everything? Maybe they will, if they do you have nicer friends than I do!

Well, Kickstarter is supposed to be for producing an actual product. I can always just buy it in stores, or from the website directly, once its released, right?

Right?

RIGHT? D:

DarkDesigner
02-20-2013, 04:01 PM
Well yeah you could do that... but you'd have to pay like full price and stuff. But the only models you may not be able to get are the special editions, which you may or may not be too fussed about.

ElectricPaladin
02-20-2013, 04:51 PM
Well yeah you could do that... but you'd have to pay like full price and stuff. But the only models you may not be able to get are the special editions, which you may or may not be too fussed about.

Ok, good. Yes, it would have been better to get into the game on the ground floor, as it were, but as long as I can still get into this game eventually, I'm ok.

DarkDesigner
02-23-2013, 06:11 AM
Ok, good. Yes, it would have been better to get into the game on the ground floor, as it were, but as long as I can still get into this game eventually, I'm ok.

Thing is with all the different Kickstarters emerging, it's difficult to pick and choose different ones. I just love the Anime-style of the game so this one was a no-brainer for me, but I had to let the Kingdom Death and others pass me by.

But yeah, they slated May for the bundles to go out to backers, although that may be optimistic. I reckon they should do it by the end of the year. And if you can't wait, some of the models are available now in metal. I'm just looking forward to Reaper some time in March and then that should keep me busy til this comes through!

DarkDesigner
02-24-2013, 07:05 AM
Just thought I'd let you guys know that I've created a thread that shows off all the sculpts and renders on one handy page so you don't have to trawl through this thread or the Kickstarter to find them. Some of them aren't great, but hopefully as better pictures are found, or even better as unseen items are shown, I'll be able to update the links on the first post.

The thread can be found here (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?29988-Compiling-all-Relic-Knights-Kickstarter-images-into-one-handy-place). If you have any images that are better do comment with a linky and I'll do my best to keep it all up-to-date.

DarkDesigner
03-16-2013, 05:29 AM
Any idea what base size that is (looks like 40mm perhaps)? I was hoping to use her as a Keeper of Secrets but it looks like she may be too small.

Hey EG, hoping you'll see this as I remembered you were asking about the size of the Serpent Priestess in the RK post. I found this image of Zineda which hopefully might give you an idea of the scale of Noh females:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-AKVi8tNLM3Y/TjyzCytvXCI/AAAAAAAAA1Y/xMkaftEkumA/s400/IMG_1436%255B1%255D.JPG

I've seen the model next to her on the left in person and it's roughly the same size as humans in 40k. So, I would guess that the serpent priestess will either be the same size as Zineda (if all Noh females are that size), or if she's only that size cause she's important, maybe the priestess will be the same size as the model on her right. Hope that helps :)

DarkDesigner
04-05-2013, 03:07 AM
So, just thought I'd best update the thread with the latest news (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/relic-knights/posts/445833?ref=activity) from Sodapop.

I'm not going to go into the whole thing but the main point is that the Kickstarter will be delayed until November. That's November being delivered to their warehouses in the US, so for international backers we're probably looking at some time in January 2014.

On the upside, they did attach some more shots of unseen models, which you can see in the images thread also in this board. Feel free to have at it below though.

eldargal
04-05-2013, 05:40 AM
Not that fussed personally, I treat Kickstarter delivery dates as rough guidelines to begin with.

DarkDesigner
04-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Not that fussed personally, I treat Kickstarter delivery dates as rough guidelines to begin with.

That's my opinion too. Things can be done fast, they can be done cheap or they can be done well, but only ever two of the above. They were already cheap, and I'd much rather they made sure the models they're producing are the models we want than rush out some crappy ones.

The upside is I now find myself with 6 more months to paint all the Reaper goodies (when they eventually ship out...).

DarkDesigner
08-28-2013, 12:55 PM
So I didn't really think this belonged in the other thread, as it's supposed to be for miniature previews and for-sale stuff, but yeah. As Archimbald pointed out, there are beta rules available to download, along with all the different sets of cards and esper deck. They can be found here (http://sodapopminiatures.com/media-page/relic-knights/) :)

Arkhan
09-29-2013, 07:23 PM
A friend got to play this at Gencon and said it was kind of inconsistent while playing.

but then later he said it was fun... and it mostly sounded like his complaints were that you couldn't do cheesy things that let you just blow everything up and win immediately.

odinsgrandson
10-02-2013, 08:08 AM
Sometimes people doing demos and even full game demos at Gencon get some pretty basic rules wrong for games that haven't been released yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are also some places where the rule book needs some bit of errata- it is a first edition for a game that runs with some fundamentally new mechanics. Releasing the rules the way that they did, and having a community beforehand will help them catch those before printing, but I'm sure there's something they missed.

Arkhan
10-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Yeah, it's often the case in my experience that people running games end up skimming everything and sort of winging it.

There were a few times I bought a game that was demoed somewhere, and when I get home and read the rules, I find a bunch of things that were done wrong.