PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar 500 (special) point shooty

Bhodili
08-07-2012, 09:35 AM
So I'm new to 40k, and tabletop games in general. Last night I played my first game. We are playing a 2 troop minimum 500 point game. everything after that is optional.

From a purely shooty stand point, what are peoples thoughts about an army looking like...

Venom (130 points)
Splinter Cannon
Flickerfield
5 Warriors
2 Splinter Cannons, 3 Splinter Rifles

Venom (140 points)
Splinter Cannon
Flickerfield
Nightshield
5 Warriors
2 Splinter Cannons, 3 Splinter Rifles

Ravager (115 points)
Dark Lance x3
Nightshield

Ravager (115 points)
Dark Lance x3
Nightshield

For a grand total of exactly 500 points.

I know there isnt an HQ, that isnt required in our game at the 500 point level.

My thoughts are just try to stay about max range to ping them to death. In the event your going against a higher model count army, those Dark Lances could become disintegrators pretty easily.

~Bhodi

Learn2Eel
08-07-2012, 07:56 PM
That's good, I've found Dark Eldar are absolutely disgusting in small games. Marine codexes typically can't compare.
Just remember, your Warriors can only take a Splinter Cannon for every 10 models, not 2 for every 5 models - your squads are thus illegal.
I'd recommend a Blaster instead in each squad, and with the 10 points spare take Night Shields on the other Venom.

Filthspew
08-08-2012, 01:22 AM
Its a very fragile list with 2HP venoms and few T3 guys inside.

A raider with 10 kabalites is just 160pts.

I would start with two of those, and build around that.

Raiders just got cheaper, since jinks lets you save the 10pts for the flicker field.

At 500pts you should only get upgrades if the unit does not function without it IMO.

There is a lot of anti AV for a very low points range.

One ravager should do, then you could add a venom with extra venom cannon and trueborn with blasters.

Reavers are quite nasty at that pts level by the way.

incenerate101
08-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Its a very fragile list with 2HP venoms and few T3 guys inside.

A raider with 10 kabalites is just 160pts.

I would start with two of those, and build around that.

Raiders just got cheaper, since jinks lets you save the 10pts for the flicker field.

At 500pts you should only get upgrades if the unit does not function without it IMO.

There is a lot of anti AV for a very low points range.

One ravager should do, then you could add a venom with extra venom cannon and trueborn with blasters.

Reavers are quite nasty at that pts level by the way.

At 500 points Ravagers are nice and particularly rude but if you lose it early your army is down by about a 1/4 of its total point cost!

I agree with the raider and 10 warriors considering you can give said raiders splinter racks giving your warriors poison weapons twin linked ( meaning you can reroll your failed hits )

In my opinion id trade power of your shots for more of them. Consider taking away a ravager in exchange for some Reavers or simply more warriors!

Uncle Nutsy
08-12-2012, 05:26 PM
sorry, that list is illegal.

warriors cannot have more than one splinter cannon in a unit, and certainly cannot have two splinter cannons in a five man group.

A better, more flexible list would be

2x 5 warriors in venoms
4x shardcarbine trueborns
2x ravagers

or:

2x 5 warriors with venom
2x 3 shardcarbine trueborns
2x 3 reaver bikes with blaster

it spreads out the damage so that even if you lose one warrior squad, you'll still have something just as nasty waiting in the wings.