PDA

View Full Version : Drop Pods Away - Another 1500 Points Blood Angels List

ElectricPaladin
08-06-2012, 04:45 AM
Whenever I get back into Warhammer, I get like this. This game is just so listy, and I get better at it with every iteration, even if it's lists I'm unlikely to use. I'll probably drift back into Infinity soon, and then you can stop reading these :).

This list is purely theoretical for me. I have exactly one third of the Drop Pods that I'd need for this. While the idea of owning six drop pods some day is pretty entertaining, it's not going to happen any time soon. Here it goes:

HQ
• Librarian
° Honor Guard w/Blood Champion, 3 Double Hand Flamers
in a Drop Pod

Elites
• Furioso Dreadnought w/Blood Fists, Magna-Grapples
in a Drop Pod

Troops
• 10 Assault Marines (Foot) w/Power Fist Sergeant, 2 Flamers
in a Drop Pod w/Deathwind Missile Launcher
• 10 Assault Marines (Foot) w/Power Fist Sergeant, 2 Flamers
in a Drop Pod w/Deathwind Missile Launcher

Heavy Support
• 10 Devastators w/2 Missile Launchers, 2 Lascannons
in a Drop Pod
• Dreadnought w/Blood Fist, Lascannon
in a Drop Pod

Anyway, as you can see, this list is designed to drop aggressively, with Assault Marines designed to threaten infantry at close ranges, forcing my opponent to seriously consider charging them and dealing with the template snap shots. For long-range fire support, I have a versatile Devastator squad and a lascannon Dread.

I think this list will struggle with two things: armies with lots of assault weaponry and armies with lots of MEQs and heavier. Against the former, I am definitely going to get charged, while anything with lots of rapid fire and heavy is going to have to choose whether to assault me or shoot at me after I drop. Against MEQs and TEQs, I just don't have the armor piercing.

But I do think this list would be fun to play. If I had a ton more drop pods.