PDA

View Full Version : Targetted psychic powers

Vashtek
08-06-2012, 02:21 AM
Some psychic powers are targetted on single models (e.g. Crush) and allow you to pick out individuals. I have read the rules in the book for targetted witchfire, and it doesn't seem to explicitly rule out look out sir! rolls? Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help.

The AKH
08-06-2012, 03:14 AM
By my reckoning, any targetted power/precision shot/etc still allows Characters to make a Look Out Sir! roll. Special/heavy weapon troopers and such are not so lucky.

Vashtek
08-06-2012, 04:56 AM
By my reckoning, any targetted power/precision shot/etc still allows Characters to make a Look Out Sir! roll. Special/heavy weapon troopers and such are not so lucky.

That was my take on it too. It just seems odd that a trooper can throw himself (on a 2+!) in the way of a psychic power.

Xenith
08-06-2012, 06:33 AM
That was my take on it too. It just seems odd that a trooper can throw himself (on a 2+!) in the way of a psychic power.

You can assume that the regular dude gets in between the psyker and the target and bears the brunt of the deadly mind lock.

Paraphrased from the Mind War vs Cover FAQ.

Aramel
08-08-2012, 04:28 AM
Also remember that you need to roll a 5 or less on your psychic test, as per the focused witchfire rules in order for you to choose your target. On top of that you have to roll to hit and have the witch not be denied! So you can essentially forget about sniping ICs.

Learn2Eel
08-08-2012, 06:31 AM
The one time it happens though.....

(thinks of Imperial Guard sergeant killing an Emperor's Champion)

Wildcard
08-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashtek View Post
You can assume that the regular dude gets in between the psyker and the target and bears the brunt of the deadly mind lock.

Even more ridiculous is a common trooper taking the bullet (on a 2+) from a vindicare assassin looking through a scope a mile away :) Talking about Divination :D

Hmm, what about precision fire with ICs and focused witchfire? Do the focused witchfire rule outrule the ability to allocate wounds on 6'es? Or are the wordings changed so, that the psychic shooting attacks don't count as shooting attacks in that manner?

Aramel
08-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Well it is a shooting attack for all intents and purposes, so I see no reason why you should not be able to choose your target if you roll a 6 to hit. Assuming of course that the psycher that cast it is a character (not a psycher squad etc...).