PDA

View Full Version : Avatar of Khaine AP1?

Forlornhope15
08-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Guys:

I am trying to figure out what AP the Avatar of Khaine's wailing doom has in close combat.

I searched the FAQ and the main rulebook with no luck

Here is my argument for it having an AP1 melta profile:

1. When he is doing his shooting attack he is throwing his spear/sword at the enemy
2. The Eldar codex states it is a psychic weapon of immense power that may take the form of an axe, sword or spear (page 24 eldar codex)
3. even a lowly warp spider exarch has AP2 weapons (its on page 36 of eldar codex), the warp spider exarchs power blades ignore armor saves

It just doesnt make sense to me that the bloody handed god would be sporting a simple close combat weapon, it should be at least ap3 if not Ap1

what do you guys think?

DrLove42
08-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Hes a Monstrous Creature. Makes him AP2.

His melta-ness has no effect in combat

gresha
08-05-2012, 11:49 AM
I'd assume his attacks are AP2 because he's a Monstrous Creature which gives him Smash (CC Attacks are AP2 and can 1/2 attacks for double str).

Forlornhope15
08-05-2012, 11:49 AM
in 6th monstrous creatures only get the AP2 when they smash...not under normal circumstances otherwise the AP of the weapon is used

so what is the AP of his normal attack (not smash) I would rather not waste 2 of his 4 attacks

DrLove42
08-05-2012, 11:52 AM
in 6th monstrous creatures only get the AP2 when they smash...not under normal circumstances otherwise the AP of the weapon is used

so what is the AP of his normal attack (not smash)

Incorrect

Smash USR;

All of the CC attacks are resolved at AP2. ADDITIONALLY may choose to make a smash attack

All MC's get Smash, all attacks are AP2, and can then choose to half attacks, double strength

gresha
08-05-2012, 11:54 AM

so what is the AP of his normal attack (not smash) I would rather not waste 2 of his 4 attacks

The rule for Smash states:

"All of the cost combat attacks, except Hammer of Wrath Attacks, of a model with this special rule are resolved at AP2 (unless it's attacking with an AP1 weapon). Additionally, when it makes close combat attacks, it can choose to instead make a Smash Attack...."

MC's count at AP2 unless they have a weapon that states it's AP1

Forlornhope15
08-05-2012, 12:01 PM
oooooh I thought you only get Ap2 when doubling the strength, thanks for straightening that out