PDA

View Full Version : Doom, Fortune and Guide out of a transport

Bunglefish
08-05-2012, 09:07 AM
as the Header states, can you do those 3 psychic powers from a transport?
the BRB states (pg 69) that "If the psychic power requires a target, you must nominate it at this point. Unless otherwise stated, the Psyker must have line of sight to his target" which obviously cannot happen from a wave serpent/falcon as there is no fire points

now Doom says "the Farseer can target any non-vehicle unit within 24""
Fortune and Guide say "Nominate one Eldar unit with a model within 6""

Nowhere does it state that they need line of sight, but it doesn't state that it doesn't either (the argument that my Eldar playing friend is using) so what do you think?

Sorry if there is a thread on this already, I did look but I couldn't find one

Forlornhope15
08-05-2012, 09:45 AM
it states up at the top left of page 28 of the eldar codex that eldar psychic powers do not require line of sight unless other wise noted

furthermore mindwar is the only one in that entire list that says it needs LOS and confers cover saves

Bunglefish
08-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Thank you! now why on earth did my Eldar playing friend not point that paragraph out! i shall have to summon Slaanesh to eat his soul

Bean
08-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Line of sight is not the only restriction on casting buff and debuff powers. I don't have the rulebook on me right at the moment, but read through the entire section on using psychic powers--it makes it quite clear that you can't use these powers from inside of a transport on any unit other than the unit and the transport it's in.

Forlornhope15
08-05-2012, 08:24 PM
sorry that is incorrect, there are no restrictions on vehicles in the psychic power section of the eldar codex except that doom and mindwar cannot target vehicles

Also the Main 6th ed rulebook on page 67 in the top right corner says psychic powers are restricted to units in the transport with the psyker because the caster must have line of sight to his target. Similarly you cannot target units inside a transport if you are outside because you need LOS once again.

since eldar powers require no LOS I don't see a problem.