PDA

View Full Version : Miniature & Tile Dungeon Crawl RPGs

eldargal
08-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Anyone know what other tile based dungeon crawl games there are apart from Warhammer Quest? My group played a good one a year or so back and the person who introduced it is on holiday and none of us can remember the name.:rolleyes: So far the list is:

Warhammer Quest.
Super Dungeon Explore (http://sodapopminiatures.com/content/super-dungeon-explore)
Dwarf Kings Hold (http://www.manticgames.com/Shop-Home/Dwarf-Kings-Hold.html)
Dungeon Command (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.aspx?x=dnd/4dnd/gamedayrulebook)

:rolleyes:

Kyban
08-03-2012, 09:29 AM
There are a couple D&D ones out there that I've heard of, the board game version and Dungeon Command.

StraightSilver
08-03-2012, 09:33 AM
Super Dungeon Explore is very good, don't be put off by the cutesy minis, it's actually a great little game:

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/92190/super-dungeon-explore

Haven't played the Mantic one but saw it at Salute and it looks ok, maybe a bit generic:

http://www.manticgames.com/Shop-Home/Dwarf-Kings-Hold/Product/Dwarf-Kings-Hold-Dead-Rising.html

I also think there's a D and D one called Pathfinder, sure I've seen it as a board game in dark Sphere but couldn't find a link. :)

eldargal
08-03-2012, 09:55 AM
I'm fairly sure it wasn't a DnD one, and I know it wasn't Dwarf Kings Hold and Super Dungeon explore. Both of which I'm familiar with but forgot about.:rolleyes: Pity I loath Mantics Dwarfs.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Hisssssssssss...... You said the bad word...

Daemonette666
08-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Eldargal, I did not think you swore , or said a bad word in your post then?

If it was just a joke, then it must be an in-house personal joke between the two of you. It did not help you with your question about the game system you are looking for though.

Perhaps if you could give more details about the game, something distinctive would help, but even a run down of the races, and if you can remember it, how the game turn was organised (turn sequence).

I have heard of Ravenloft and lords of water deep, but I think these are just expansions for the D&D tile/board game, so may not be of much help.

I have a friend at my local gaming store who has heaps of board games, and is almost a fanatic, I could ask him if I had more info .

Alternatively, I remember on the now closed facebook page for my local gaming store, there used to be links to a site where they "Unbox" different board games. I will have to ask my friend who used to run the store's facebook page, what the site/link was, but maybe others might know of it, and beat me to it and save me waking up my friend so early in the morning.

eldargal
08-03-2012, 11:24 PM
I think he was referring to Mantic, which is a bit of a bad word.:p

I can't remember much in the way of specific rules, it just seemed like a streamlined version of Warhammer Quest. I don't know anything about the background because my friend who brought the game had made an adventure set in the Warhammer world. Not much help I know, but I think I'd recognise the name..

Regardless, we love our tile based dungeon crawl games so post any you know of here anyway, I like compiling lists.;)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-04-2012, 01:47 AM
Yesssss... Mantic... The bad word... :D And now for a serious answer, I too know a god of all things board gamey/tiley, I shall ask him if he's aware of the kinda thing that you are describing. :)

Daemonette666
08-04-2012, 07:24 AM
I think he was referring to Mantic, which is a bit of a bad word.:p

I can't remember much in the way of specific rules, it just seemed like a streamlined version of Warhammer Quest. I don't know anything about the background because my friend who brought the game had made an adventure set in the Warhammer world. Not much help I know, but I think I'd recognise the name..

Regardless, we love our tile based dungeon crawl games so post any you know of here anyway, I like compiling lists.;)
Eldaergal, I got a couple names of tile based dungeon crawl games that you had not mentioned before from a board/role play gamer friend of mine I met at the Gaming Hall today.

What about these? Decent 2nd Edition, or Pathfinder (but I believe this is just a modern D&D game variant).

Didn't GW have an old gaming system similar to Mordenheim or Necromunda, that was tile based? There have been so many one off games they released or even supported under license. I know it was not Hero Quest, but I seem to remember there was one waaaay back in the early 90's. (No old people or alzheimer's/ bad memory jokes now).

I will ask a few other board gamers I know. At least I now know it is streamlined version of Warhammer Quest.

eldargal
08-06-2012, 12:55 AM
They produced a hexagonal tile based wargame with Milton Bradley, I think. I forget it's name. There was also a Talisman, a WFB boardgame. I don't recall another tile based dungeon crawl game though, apart form Heroquest and Advanced Heroquest. But they produced so many games back then I could be forgetting one.:rolleyes:

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-06-2012, 12:58 AM
I didn't have chance to ask Ben as he's busy settling into working at GW, so I'll get hold of him either today or tomorrow. :)