August:
Should be up Saturday.
Codex: Daemons (obvious)
How to Paint Chaos Daemons
Daemons Tactica
WFB Temple of Skulls scenario
WFB Soul Grinder

September releases:
6th Ed 40k digital rulebook (will go up same weekend as starter set released)
How to Paint (I am not certain but this may be the same as the flip book that was released earlier this year with the paint set.)
And a few more WFB

October releases:
Codex: CSM (going up same weekend as codex released)
How to paint: CSM
Tactica: CSM
And a few more WFB

November Releases:
Codex: Grey Knights
HtP: GK
Tactica: GK
And a few more WFB

December Releases:
Codex: Sisters of Battle
HtP: SoB
Tactica: SoB
And a few more WFB

Note: Dark Angels was not in the info I saw for the remainder of the year...

Cheers

One assumes the SoB codex is the WD version.

Wolfshade
08-03-2012, 03:19 AM
I'm not sure how I feel about all these digital releases. I would like it if when you brought a hard copy you got the digital free, though that is highly unlikely and pure wish listing.

alshrive
08-03-2012, 03:20 AM
i love the idea of the digital format! i hate the fact that i need to give money to Apple in order to actually make use of them!

Wildcard
08-03-2012, 03:26 AM
I will not be giving apple any €€€ cos of digital releases (nor for any other reason)..

Yet, what intriques me is that i see C:GK there. Has it been revealed already that will the released dexes be edited to suit 6th edition, or will they only be 1on1 with the already released paper codexes?

eldargal
08-03-2012, 03:30 AM
They are updated for 6th, you just need to redownload them apparently.

Wolfshade
08-03-2012, 03:30 AM
Now that is a very good question, will they include updates and faqs?

tanonymus
08-03-2012, 03:40 AM
Yes. The Spacemarine Codex for Example, included the latest FAQ.

Wildeybeast
08-03-2012, 04:13 AM
As did the Necron one. One assumes the Deamon will include the little WD booklet that came out this month. But what's with the 'and some WFB stuff'? Do we Warhammer players not warrant a proper explanation?

DrLove42
08-03-2012, 04:19 AM
Any news on this stuff coming to something that isnt preceded by the letter i?

I really don't want to have to buy an iPad

Wildcard
08-03-2012, 07:25 AM
They are updated for 6th, you just need to redownload them apparently.

Any idea if the 'current' paper-versions will be re-printed as well?

Wildeybeast
08-03-2012, 07:39 AM
Any idea if the 'current' paper-versions will be re-printed as well?

Doubt it. They've never done that before and it would invalidate the current codexes (forcing people to buy new ones) without actually adding anything that wasn't already available for free. Not a good idea, nor necessary. It isn't exactly arduous to print the FAQ's off.

lattd
08-03-2012, 08:07 AM
Doubt it. They've never done that before and it would invalidate the current codexes (forcing people to buy new ones) without actually adding anything that wasn't already available for free. Not a good idea, nor necessary. It isn't exactly arduous to print the FAQ's off.

Wasn't the first Dark Eldar codex reprinted with chapter approved stuff added

eldargal
08-03-2012, 08:10 AM
Yep but that was in 2003 or something after the the initial printing in 1999, hardly a precedent when it hasn't been done before or since.:p

Malachi
08-03-2012, 08:55 AM
I'd be all over the digital stuff if it wasn't Apple only...

Defenestratus
08-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Any news on this stuff coming to something that isnt preceded by the letter i?

I really don't want to have to buy an iPad

Its not looking like it. Although I'm sure some enterprising individual could offload it from a jailbroken device then convert it to a universally accepted format.

Actually scratch that, it would be quite difficult since you'd have to circumvent Apple's hilariously nefariously named "fairplay" DRM.

Defenestratus
08-03-2012, 10:47 AM
So I got angry enough to send an email to GW about it and this is what I heard back from them...

Hello Tad,

Thank you for writing into us! We are currently looking into other platforms for our new Digital Content, but as for when and what platforms it will be available for that is not something that we know and I apologize about that. We will have to keep watching the Games Workshop website and White Dwarf for more information. Should you need anything else please give us a call at 1-800-394-4263 and we will work to get you helped out.

Thanks,

<name removed to by order of .. nevermind old bad joke>
Games Workshop
North America Customer Services

wbravenboer
08-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Just bought the Necrons codex, excellent! I love the digital products. For now they are made in Ibook Author, so only Apple, but if it goes well, they will no doubt make other platforms. I think it is great.

Wildeybeast
08-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Wasn't the first Dark Eldar codex reprinted with chapter approved stuff added

Yep but that was in 2003 or something after the the initial printing in 1999, hardly a precedent when it hasn't been done before or since.:p

I stand corrected. It's been done once before, a long time ago. Like EG said, not a reliable precedent especially given the DE codex was around for ten years or so before getting a new version.

RGilbert26
08-06-2012, 06:15 AM
Warhammer 40k - Altar of War: Space Marines http://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/warhammer-40-000-altar-war/id549114906?mt=11

Warhammer: Empires Army Book http://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/warhammer-the-empire/id548622845?mt=11

How To Paint Citadel Miniatures: Daemons of Chaos http://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/how-to-paint-citadel-miniatures/id549446417?mt=11

Im thinking about buying the above Daemon one, especially as it has video tutorials.

What was the release date for Digital Daemons?

Farseer Uthiliesh
08-06-2012, 02:55 PM
No surprise that Stickmonkey was wrong.

JMichael
08-06-2012, 04:43 PM
While I too am disappointed that the digital releases are only on iPad...What really gets me is NEW content that is only available this way. The Space Marines missions and updated Bommer rules should at least be a leaflet in White Dwarf.
Make the Digital iPad only content an option...not the only method.

billytwix
08-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Ios digital releases of information that used to be free on their website, will eventually be my end of purchasing from GW. if they start removing print format products and replace them with digital ones it will seal the deal for me. I will not spend one cent for a GW digital product. I can do without the fancy menu and 360 pics. But releasing content that is digital only, makes me cringe. Where are my codes for every rulebook and codex purchased to get the digi versions, how do i paint and assemble these toys? Why do the kits still come with instructions if you can charge me another $15 dollars to learn "how to assemble GW model kit X? Thanks for a good fifteen years and around 20,000$ of us product purchases. Im sure you will find a younger audience who will make up for my 12 fantasy armies and 8- wh40k army purchases. Thats only roughly 40 new customers to take my place of my monthly spending habit. I'm not threatening to quit. Im declaring that the quit clock has begun and its up to GW to determine how much longer i can remain a customer.

Sent from my Ipad.

deaddice
08-08-2012, 06:18 AM
As some one who studied the issues of E-Books and enhancements i can tell you the first reason that comes to mind as why they would prefer to release their digital books on the ipad is because ipads are standardized.

All ipads have the same resolution (1024 by 768), where as all the android tablets are different sizes ( since android is open source)

Needless to say its a can of worms and a topic unto its self to also recreate those ibooks on android devices ( phone and tablet)

All i can say is a open standard that every one uses ( hopefully EPUB 3) can solve the issue of the digital book being only available on ipads

Mean time i will have to stick to the good old fashioned print books for my codex needs.