PDA

View Full Version : New Release Schedules

DrLove42
08-02-2012, 04:20 AM
From my favourite source, Faeit 212

via Faeit 212"A Must remain Anonymous Source"
The so called rumour clampdown consists only of motivational speeches and mails. Apparently it works, but there is nothing special about it - only exception is the Hobbit stuff that is developed in a physically separated area, but some staff were shifted back including a game designer and most of the digital artists.

Flyer waves incoming: there are two full waves pending release: a Tyranid wave (Harpy, Harrier, Tyranid Warriors, Mycetic Spore and reinvented rules for Pyrovore as anti-air unit) and a Dark Eldar wave (Void Raven, Grotesque unit with expanded options, Sliscus, Sathonyx and Vect (on foot)). There was a third wave planned for the guard (Thunderbolt, Hydra, armoured veterans, Storm Troopers) but it was postponed into oblivion because the Thunderbolt didn’t get approved. Four more fliers in the pipeline: renamed Eldar Nightwing (finished), Tau Copperhead (finished), and a medium sized Space Marine and a large Ork flyer. There are upgrade packs for Space Marines and an Ork flakk trakk / buggy and a kopta box in the pipeline, but seem further off than the other flyer themed waves. A daemon flyer (or swooping) wave is even more far off. All waves may come without a codex. I don’t know when or in which order these are released.

Codices/army books won’t get released with a faster pace, but there are more out of order releases that keep us busy in the meantime. Expect still three books per system per year.

Model production and codex production are decoupled after the planning phase now. Warriors of Chaos, Dark Angels, Chaos Space Marine codices are finished, Tau and High Elves nearly finished. Models for all of them plus Eldar are finished (modeled, not necessarily mass produced or boxed). Dark Elves nearly finished. Dwarfs, Wood Elves and Space Marines models are in the works. Release dates are, Chaos Space Marines (October 2012), Warriors of Chaos (November 2012), High Elves (February 2013), Dark Angels (April 2013) and the rest is not fixed.

The next fantasy supplement deals with engines of war. The next 40k supplement deals with campaigns, experience gains for troops and conversions to represent these changes.

There is one extra release next summer (2013): Blood Bowl!

The Hobbit release gets completely rescheduled at the moment, so nothing certain to tell. Release is full plastic, characters only available in unit boxes or themed full character boxes.

Every army rulebook from now on will have a special defining mechanic.
- WoC and CSM have random gift of the gods charts.
- Tau have a system of unit upgrades that get unlocked by another unit or other effects. For example, a Firewarrior cadre with an ethereal next to it, with markerlight support and scouting kroot unit will get a serious buff. Every unit has a small chart for three of these effects.
- High Elves get a renewed court rule: No more always strike first, but units can get it back plus other effects if not accompanied by the wrong character (rolled before the game).
- Dark Angels units choose a circle that is kept secret during the game. Only a fraction of the army’s units can take a circle that has an in game effect. Circles can be revealed midgame and grant a special rule depending on the circle

Not sure how I feel about the fliers. Eldar Nightwing re-dux devalues what i've got so far, Copperhead sounds silly for Tau

DE wave sounds good though, but no Lady Malys. Booo

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-02-2012, 04:45 AM
Copperhead is a rubbish name for a Tau vehicle.

ANGLERFISH. MUAWAHAHAHA!

energongoodie
08-02-2012, 04:50 AM
I want to believe.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TZvQp65vqfw/T4OVw14cwVI/AAAAAAAAAcI/zX8QWR6RsC0/s1600/sexy-x-files.jpg

Cpt Codpiece
08-02-2012, 05:39 AM
I want to believe.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TZvQp65vqfw/T4OVw14cwVI/AAAAAAAAAcI/zX8QWR6RsC0/s1600/sexy-x-files.jpg

yeah, i too want to believe...... and just like the 90's i still think duchovney looks like walter matthau :D

Mr Mystery
08-02-2012, 05:40 AM
And now I have saline poisoning. Terrific.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-02-2012, 05:41 AM
Lolwhat?

DrLove42
08-02-2012, 05:43 AM
He took too much salt :p

alshrive
08-02-2012, 05:44 AM
how about the tau "Bottom Feeding Suction Eel"

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-02-2012, 05:47 AM
He took too much salt :p

*facepalm*
Being new to all of this "internet stuff" I'm still catching up on esoteric references like that. :p

Wildeybeast
08-02-2012, 06:20 AM
I've got saline poisoning too. I highly doubt new models are being done for WE without an army book as they need a complete overhaul and last believable info had that no one in the studio really knew how to fix them without completely changing their playstyle and ethos. So unless they are just finecasts of current models it is very unlikely. Some of this stuff sounds a bit more believable though.

Iyandagar
08-02-2012, 06:32 AM
Still getting licked by a nineties Gillian Anderson isn't so bad..... Hmmmmmmmmmmmm the good old days. And APRIL for DA? Rubbish. I wanted to start a collection with the new codex... It was going to be a good way of curbing my stupid spending.... (this after just ordering Aeronautica and the Avenger Strike Fighter today).... My sisters have gotta' eat right?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-02-2012, 06:34 AM
Still getting licked by a nineties Gillian Anderson isn't so bad..... Hmmmmmmmmmmmm the good old days. And APRIL for DA? Rubbish. I wanted to start a collection with the new codex... It was going to be a good way of curbing my stupid spending.... (this after just ordering Aeronautica and the Avenger Strike Fighter today).... My sisters have gotta' eat right?

I don't know if you're aware Iyandagar, but eating is a VERY different thing to killing people with planes! :p

DrLove42
08-02-2012, 06:39 AM

Well the starter box is still out next month if all rumours are correct (and the back page of WD). PLenty of new DA models in there....assuming the rumours have been correct (and what the back page of WD implies) :P

Mr Mystery
08-02-2012, 06:55 AM
*facepalm*
Being new to all of this "internet stuff" I'm still catching up on esoteric references like that. :p

I would have explained. But I'm dead.

Defenestratus
08-02-2012, 07:00 AM
Replacing the Nightwing? I don't buy it. Thats a pretty iconic flyer. Plus it will always be available via IA.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-02-2012, 07:01 AM
I would have explained. But I'm dead.

Oh dear, are you alright?

The Shadow King
08-02-2012, 07:06 AM
Oh dear, are you alright?

He probably just got licked by Gillian Anderson...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-02-2012, 07:10 AM
He probably just got licked by Gillian Anderson...

*shudders* Surely a fate worse than death.

Iyandagar
08-02-2012, 07:17 AM
My sisters have peculiar tastes....they eat what they gun down....

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-02-2012, 07:21 AM
That's...... well that's just creepy....

RGilbert26
08-02-2012, 07:53 AM
Hopefully the new Guard dex will get those new plastic units (minus the flyer).

DrLove42
08-02-2012, 07:53 AM
Well the guard dex is going to be (hopefully) 3 year off still

RGilbert26
08-02-2012, 07:58 AM
Okay then, hopefully they release that stuff without the flyer.

Defenestratus
08-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Okay then, hopefully they release that stuff without the flyer.

Curious, why don't you want the flyer?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-02-2012, 08:34 AM
Curious, why don't you want the flyer?

Because he wants to lose all of his games of course! :D

Joke.

DrLove42
08-02-2012, 08:35 AM
The article implies that the flier was holding the wave up. So no flier, wave can be released.

Just my guess as to his intentions.....

eldargal
08-02-2012, 09:32 AM
These are generally in-line with what I've heard and what has been mentioned by other rumours over the past few months. Doesn't mean they are accurate of course, but it makes more sense than those weird ones from Ornithopter on Warseer whch everyone seemed to decide were true just because he only had one post and spoke in an authoritative manner.:rolleyes:

Eberk
08-02-2012, 10:51 AM
I only remember 1 thing from all this rumours...

Large Ork Flyer !!!!

Nice :D Me want

Old Man Doom
08-02-2012, 10:56 AM
The article implies that the flier was holding the wave up. So no flier, wave can be released.

Just my guess as to his intentions.....

The real question then becomes: "will it be released?" I dearly hope so...

ragnarcissist
08-02-2012, 11:10 AM
hopefully this next SM flyer will be available to space wolves or ill be pissed.

also, anyone have any details on this tau copperhead?? i am intrigued

Iyandagar
08-02-2012, 11:52 AM
...despite securing the Avenger for the sisters, I on a personal note hope the Space Wolves do indeed get bypassed again. Purely to see my friends utter rage spiral out of control.... He has GKs he can run out with a flyer, oh wait my sisters ate them previously....

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-03-2012, 12:47 AM
...despite securing the Avenger for the sisters, I on a personal note hope the Space Wolves do indeed get bypassed again. Purely to see my friends utter rage spiral out of control.... He has GKs he can run out with a flyer, oh wait my sisters ate them previously....

That sounds fair. His army did coat their armour in the blood of Sisters....

Iyandagar
08-03-2012, 01:51 AM
Yes they did... And with that in mind I plan to do maximum damage a little later today when we have our weekly throw down... I plan to ally up with the Eldar just to make the warp a little turbulent for them to use....

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-03-2012, 01:59 AM
Nice!

fuzzbuket
08-03-2012, 03:29 AM
why are they clamping down on hobbit rumours. its not exacltly like we dont know the whole plot off by heart.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-03-2012, 03:30 AM
I don't know why either?

eldargal
08-03-2012, 03:32 AM
New Line asked them to. One assumes to keep some surprises in terms of character appearance and whatnot given that everyone knows the story.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-03-2012, 03:35 AM
We know what the main cast looks like too. :D

At least the good guys anyway...

Wildeybeast
08-03-2012, 04:27 AM
why are they clamping down on hobbit rumours. its not exacltly like we dont know the whole plot off by heart.

New Line asked them to. One assumes to keep some surprises in terms of character appearance and whatnot given that everyone knows the story.

Plus they have written a bunch of new stuff for the films that bridges the gap between the Hobbit and LotR.