PDA

View Full Version : Gammers in Iowa

Takoda
08-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Hi im takoda I play Chaos Marines and just moved to iowa from Las Vegas. In Las Vegas i learned to play 40k but now out here there isnt any places to play and i havent met any people that play either or let alone know what it is. SO i made this so if anyone lives by Fairfeild Iowa, or knows anybody that does please post a reply and maybe we could play a game sometime. :D

SilentNight1647
08-02-2012, 08:32 AM
Well, Fairfield is kind of out in the *** end of nowhere. You aren't even really close to Des Moines or Iowa City, which would be your best bet on that side of the state. On the other side I would recommend Omaha and Ames but they are a five hour drive. Are you sure their are no local groups in the next towns over?

Emerald Rose Widow
08-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Oh god why did you move to Iowa, I got the hell out of there over a year ago, hehe. There was literally noone there to play with, I move here to washington, and I can play a game whenever I want. If you go to Iowa City or Des Moines you MIGHT get lucky, good luck hon

clintb311
08-02-2012, 12:52 PM
If you were closer to Omaha, Sioux City there are quite a few of us. But I don't know about that part of the state.

Throatpunch
08-02-2012, 01:47 PM
There is active gaming on this side of the state. Namely in the Cedar Rapids area. I think some around Ottumwa as well. There is also a facebook group, Eastern Iowa War Gamers, that will be very helpful for you to find games and gamers on this side of the state. I hope this helps!

I am also part of a local gaming club here in Cedar Rapids, check us out at www.fourhorsemen40k.com!

phreakachu
08-03-2012, 01:52 PM
*shakes fist @ ALL of you*
there ARE gamers in iowa, i know because i am one of them. check out mayhem comics and games in Des moines or ames, or feel free to PM me to set up a game.
Most of us do have lives that revolve around things other than plastic toy soldiers. so nyah!

Mrchilidog
08-04-2012, 07:57 AM
I live in Mason City and there are zero 40K players here as well. I have to drive at least an hour for a game.

TommyD
09-01-2012, 04:32 PM
I'm out of Woodward. If your in Des Moines their is Jay's Cd and hobby on SE 14th and Mayhem is on University in west Desmoines. Give a call Mayhem's calendar says Sundays but the guy there said more people show up on Tuesday's. I'm looking for games too.

sfshilo
09-13-2012, 07:14 PM
Hi im takoda I play Chaos Marines and just moved to iowa from Las Vegas. In Las Vegas i learned to play 40k but now out here there isnt any places to play and i havent met any people that play either or let alone know what it is. SO i made this so if anyone lives by Fairfeild Iowa, or knows anybody that does please post a reply and maybe we could play a game sometime. :D

Your best bet is Burlington or ottumwa