PDA

View Full Version : Eldar 2k two fog

UrielVentris
08-01-2012, 06:19 PM
2000 Eldar two force org

Autarch: mandiblasters, swooping hawk wings, power weapon. *110
Edlrad: * 210
Farseer: both runes, spirit stones, eldritch storm, guide, mind war, s-sper. 163

Troops:

Dire avengers x 9: exarch, shimmer shield/power weapon. Def. bs. 165

Dire avengers x 8: exarch, shimmer shield/power weapon. Def. bs. 153

Rangers x5: 95

Rangers x5: 95

Fast Attack

Warp spiders x8: exarch, spinneret rifle, surprise assault, withdrawal 218

Swooping hawks x 7: exarch, skyleap, hawks talon 209

Elites

Striking scorpions x 10: exarch, power claw, stalker, shadow strike 212

Fire dragons x5: 80

Heavy Support

D-cannon battery x 3: 150

Falcon grav tank: shuriken cannon, scatter laser, pulse laser 140*

What you guys think?

Captain Bubonicus
08-04-2012, 11:06 AM
I think you need more bodies in your Troops choices - the Rangers are fine for sitting on an objective, but there's only 5 in each squad...The Dire Avengers are the ones that are gonna have to grab objectives that aren't in your deployment zone, but there's only 17 of 'em, and they're gonna die FAST.

I'd take some points out of the HQ slot (do you really need an Autarch?) and buy more Troops slot bodies. If you're walking to the battle, you're gonna have to soak up some firepower getting there. Make sure you have the bodies to take some casualties and still be able to grab objectives.

The single Falcon is gonna draw a LOT of anti-tank attention, and will most likely get destroyed in the first couple of turns. I'd be tempted to just leave it out if you're doing a foot list and buy more Troops choices (or maybe add an Avatar to the list - making everybody around him Fearless is pretty darned cool in a foot list!)

Iyandagar
08-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Slap the two ranger squads together and pathfinder-alise them. Pop them into cover and depending on the cover (Aegis or similar) you have a 2up cover save. Coupled with soe good firing, possible AP1 and rending at wounds Bob's your uncle, Fanny's your aunt... I find a squad of 10; of these mother crunchers can do some meaty damage...