PDA

View Full Version : Quick Look/Review of the new FW book

DrLove42
07-31-2012, 07:42 AM
Just done a quick review of the new FW book. Nothing too special, either in review or book.

However it does have a great typo (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=23692) and the rules for the new Avenger Strike Fighter are a bit tasty for guard and Sisters players (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showpost.php?p=225037&postcount=9)

Also listed everything thats in the new book. If you want to know whats different in any of your old fliers, let me know what they used to be and i'l let you know how different they are. Might make the difference in you buying the book

http://drlove42.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/quick-look-at-new-fw-aeronautica-book.html

Defenestratus
07-31-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm told that they threw us a bone and gave the Nightwing Agile.

Is that true?

Also heard that they bumped the armor on the Vamps up to AV11 and gave them strafing run.

SotonShades
07-31-2012, 09:48 AM
Very interesting. As I own a good number of the units listed, I really do think I'll need it. Between my Orks and Imperial Forces, I think it could be really interesting to see if I can find some opponants to give the campaign a go (DrLove, think we can convince Cow to up his Chaos Flyer count?)

DrLove42
07-31-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm told that they threw us a bone and gave the Nightwing Agile.

Is that true?

Also heard that they bumped the armor on the Vamps up to AV11 and gave them strafing run.

Nightwings with agile - correct. +1 to the Jink save only (combined with shrouding, we get a 2+ jink save) but no save of any kind against anything that ignores cover

Vampires - 11/11/11, 4 Structure Points and strafing run. 730 points a piece as well. Pulsar is still singular, twin-linked

Defenestratus
07-31-2012, 11:17 AM
4 SP!?!?!

Holy hell I'm getting this book.

Dalleron
07-31-2012, 10:28 PM
I was wondering what the point of the AI book was, as GW updated it's stuff online for 6th ed. Maybe now I"ll need to "acquire" the book to get the new rules for the Eldar stuff that I have.

Defenestratus
08-01-2012, 06:52 AM
I was wondering what the point of the AI book was, as GW updated it's stuff online for 6th ed. Maybe now I"ll need to "acquire" the book to get the new rules for the Eldar stuff that I have.

I'm pretty upset actually that the rules for what are published in the FAQ are different than what is in AI.

DrLove42
08-01-2012, 09:59 AM
I'm pretty upset actually that the rules for what are published in the FAQ are different than what is in AI.

Tjis about the holofields? I messaged FW, they say the FAQ trumps the rulebook. The "typo" that missed the 5+ invulnerable in the holofields is looking more like a deliberate omission, then added due to feedback

Defenestratus
08-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Tjis about the holofields? I messaged FW, they say the FAQ trumps the rulebook. The "typo" that missed the 5+ invulnerable in the holofields is looking more like a deliberate omission, then added due to feedback

No, I'm talking about the differences with the nightwing between the FAQ's and whats in the new book. Also the changes to the loadout of the Phoenix. Apparently now you can get a TWL bright lance for it (which absolutely baffles me since it also has strafing run....)

Archon Charybdis
08-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Apparently now you can get a TWL bright lance for it (which absolutely baffles me since it also has strafing run....)

I'm AFB right now, but I'm pretty sure in both IA11 and IA:A2E it had the option to swap the pulse laser for a TL-BL or TL-Starcannon. It made a little more sense back when it didn't have Strafing Run.

Gotthammer
08-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Yep, the Phoenix in IA11 can swap its pulse laser for TL BL or Starcannon.

Archon Charybdis
08-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Speaking of the Phoenix, is it still what it was post-FAQ? 225pts with shrouding and strafing run?

DrLove42
08-02-2012, 03:39 AM
I'm AFB, but reasonably sure thats correct.