PDA

View Full Version : GK 2k idea.

Seirin
07-30-2012, 11:04 PM
Oh for fun...and because I want someone else to tell me if I'm insane or not...Been toying with a draigo/coteaz list..

Draigo + 10 pally, 4 cannons, banner, hally/sword/hammer

Coteaz

12 jokaero

3 jokaero + 8 acolytes with 2 plasma
Chimera

Chimera

Techmarine with grenades and 2 skulls

4 or 5 scoring units, one 12 strong unit of lascannon monkeys with coteaz prescience'ing them ideally stuck in bolstered cover, and draigos palahammer driving forward with grenade caddie in tow.

Thoughts before I buy 18 monkeys that cost too much?

Bean
07-31-2012, 02:51 AM
Oh for fun...and because I want someone else to tell me if I'm insane or not...Been toying with a draigo/coteaz list..

Draigo + 10 pally, 4 cannons, banner, hally/sword/hammer

Coteaz

12 jokaero

Chimera

Chimera

Techmarine with grenades and 2 skulls

4 or 5 scoring units, one 12 strong unit of lascannon monkeys with coteaz prescience'ing them ideally stuck in bolstered cover, and draigos palahammer driving forward with grenade caddie in tow.

Thoughts before I buy 18 monkeys that cost too much?

I...wouldn't buy 18 monkeys that cost too much. I have a really hard time envisioning them to be worth it. But, I could be wrong. My advice would be to proxy that first, at least a couple times.

Seirin
07-31-2012, 09:51 AM
Well I'm going to do just that at my local club tonight, will bring back the verdict.

Chexmix282
07-31-2012, 10:57 AM
Slap some green stuff fur and digital weapons on some Ork boyz, it's a very cheap and decent looking conversion (assuming you have basic sculpting skills) for Jokers.

I've never been a fan of the Drago+Techmarine+Paladin Deathstar, simply because it does not offer you any tactical flexibility. That being said, it's an "ok" list that some armies will struggle to beat. I would take Meltaguns on the Acolytes, but that's just me. GK lists always need more melta ;)

Seirin
07-31-2012, 11:11 AM
Just look at all those lascannons mate! Plasma give a little more range etc.

The techmarine is there to bolster the 12-monkey units terrain and then play a second role, so its kinda dual purpose.

Kyban
07-31-2012, 11:17 AM
You could put 3 heavy weapon servitors with coteaz for cheap.

Seirin
07-31-2012, 11:19 AM
You could put 3 heavy weapon servitors with coteaz for cheap.

Now that is tempting. Which weapon? Plasma? Would certainly help with hordes and still retain its anti-armour power.