PDA

View Full Version : Red scorpions

krittoris
07-30-2012, 08:50 PM
A post on the front page here inspired me to go ahead and do red scorpions.

here are my efforts. plus a first time doing some airbrush glow effects :) enjoy

the shoulder pads on the apothecary terminator are on the way from forge world, as well as some etched brass symbols for the tanks. all will be painted separately and then glued on. :)

krittoris
07-30-2012, 08:51 PM
heres one more of the razorback

fuzzbuket
07-31-2012, 03:43 AM
oh my those are fantastic! i really love the headlights! top notch stuff!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-31-2012, 03:45 AM
It's people like you that make me cry. :(

Excellent work maestro. :D

krittoris
07-31-2012, 04:08 AM
thanks guys :)

SotonShades
07-31-2012, 04:38 AM
Really great overall mate. Very well done.

The OSL on the lascannon is a bit heavy for me, and not quite sure why you did it on the apothecary's shoulder when it is just going to get covered when the shoulder pad arrives, but both very small criticsms on otherwise spectacular work!

krittoris
07-31-2012, 05:16 AM
Hey soton

yeah the lascannon was the first one i did. it was fairly heavy as i got used to the airbrush after that the rest (headights) seemed to have a bit more control. i did try to dull it down with some azurman blue wash.

and i got excited with the airbrush and did the apothecary :p my mistake there, but oh well :)

thanks for the reply :)

and i shall keep attempting to master the airwork :)

redeyesez8
08-01-2012, 04:24 AM
Amazing, I love the colour scheme:D

krittoris
08-01-2012, 07:20 AM
thanks red :) glad you like them.

i will post some more tomorrow night. i should have the landraider finished by then :)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-01-2012, 07:23 AM
Are you using Sevrin Loth, if not, WHY NOT?! :D

krittoris
08-01-2012, 07:14 PM
yeah i will be doing up a sevrin once i get my forgeworld order so he most likely will be last. I am hoping to spend a while on him and make him show peice quality :)

there is this lot plus another:

1x landraider
1x vindicator
19x tactical marines
4x terminators
4x sterngaurd veterens
stormtalon (finnished this today)

and that should bring the list to 1750 points i beleive, abit vehicle heavy for 6th but fluffy i guess :)

STORMTALON PICS WITHIN THE HOUR :D

krittoris
08-01-2012, 09:17 PM
hey all.

just did some photos of my stormtalon. i still need to do the antenna on the top and 2 lights under each wings.

planning on doing the lighting/OSL tonight. here he is so far :)

hope you like it and c&c welcome same as before. :) i will try to improve on things you say.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-02-2012, 12:57 AM
Oh, oh my, that is quite spectacular.

krittoris
08-02-2012, 03:21 AM
hey thanks tzeentch. i am enjoying this army and i want it to look as if it is heading into battle at night time or in darkness.

i did the glow on the stormtalon. the front has a bit more then what i would have liked but i had an airbrush splatter :'( , in the end had to repaint the yellow on the front, thank god my thumb was covering the techmarine inside *phew*

the cockpit isn't glued but i did it polarized and i am gonna do a second cockpit as clear so they can swap at will :)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-02-2012, 03:26 AM
No worries man, I give credit where credit is due.

So how do you do the Polarised Windows and the glow from the lights? I'd like to get into source lighting for my Necrons, and I'm sure my Eldar and Marines would appreciate tinted windows. :D

Will Ser Carab Culln feature here too?

krittoris
08-02-2012, 04:27 AM
the windows i just used the bronze color from the old gw range, i cant remember the name off the top of my head. the glow is basically airbrush the area you want to have glow with enchanted blue, then ice blue and finished by white. as you go to lighter color you want to make the area your painting smaller so your brighter towards the source of the light :)

i will do a more intricate guide in detail tomorrow when i do the landraider :)

the lord commander as requested :)
his sword you cant see very well here but it is the same as the grey knights swords

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-02-2012, 04:33 AM
What a champion Culln is!

I eagerly await that guide! :D

krittoris
08-03-2012, 04:29 AM
so here is the completed landraider. the top hatch is at my painting office so it is pictured without it for now.

i have the pics for my osl headlights guide tzeentch never fear ;)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-03-2012, 04:40 AM
Oh good. :)

Nice work man. I'm loving this project.

Wolfshade
08-03-2012, 04:51 AM
This is really nice work, love the glow and weathered effects on the leading edges

RGilbert26
08-03-2012, 04:52 AM
The painting looks great though You need more work on the lighting effects. Try doing them on the lights instead of just below, will make it look better.

krittoris
08-04-2012, 12:30 AM
thanks for the feedback guys.

just a quick update, more tonight but i need to charge my iphone. :p

twin linked plasma guns added to the razorback, so bright. but had to make the plasma glow :p

krittoris
08-04-2012, 01:23 AM
ok so this is the guide tzeentch asked for:

step one: airbrush enchanted blue over you area of glow
step two: airbrush ice blue closer to the light source
step 3: airbrush skull white onto your light source allowing it to spread onto the glow abit
step 3: VERY LIGHTLY wash the shadows of the raised areas (below the lights ect)

hope this helps, pics are below;)

in the last pic i tried to do the techmarines eye a glowy green, was only brushed on though.

krittoris
08-04-2012, 01:27 AM
Valkyrie i did today for a friend :)

RGilbert26
08-04-2012, 03:47 AM
Much better though only one light is on :P

Malogharst
08-10-2012, 03:38 AM
Great job there, man. Just how do you make those battle damage and chipped paint effects?

P.S. And don't forget to drill rhino's exhaust pipes! :D

krittoris
08-10-2012, 08:51 AM
haha yes i wont forget :) thanks for that one.

the paint/chipped effect is used buy getting a small sponge, like the foam used in carry cases for models. i cut a small piece out and dab on some black paint. and just use the consistency of a dry-brush, to dab along the edges of everything. quite simple yet effective :)

and thank you for the feedback Rgilbert26 and malogharst

krittoris
12-13-2012, 07:00 AM
Hi all

after sometime out of the war-gaming scene i have been back to painting my red scorpion and they are nearly finished :D

here is some updates with many more to come so check back regularly. 33563357