PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Fists, I'm torn at 2k (or 1999+1)

Childofheinlein
07-29-2012, 05:44 PM
So, I have two lists I'm torn between for my Crimson Fists.

Both have Kantor (duh), 3 full sternguard squads (1 w/meltas, 1 w/ flamers, 1 w/ plasmas), and 2 5-man scout squds (1 w/snipers, 1 shotguns (all I have built and painted).

Where they differ is that one has an Epistolary with Force dome and a Pyromancy power, a LR crusader, and a 6 man vanguard vet squad w/ 5 PW and 1 PF, plus a predator w/ bolter sponsons, and an Aegis Defense Line with an Icarus Lascannon.

The other instead has all 3 Sterns in Rhinos (1 Razor for a combat squad and Pedro to ride in), plus a group of IG allies consisting of a Lord Commisar, a Vet squad w/ 2 Meltas & Heavy Flamer and Grenadiers, a Valkyrie, and a LR Vanquisher with Pask.

The former I refer to as Death Star Lite (or, "That's no space station, it's an asteroid!), and it gives me a lot of hitting power right where I want it, but 4 of my 6 infantry squads are stuck hoofing it. Anti armor and anti flyer is minimal. The second list makes up for those shortcomings, but at the expense of sheer nose bashing potential that comes with the vanguards.

So, which list do you all think? Any suggestions on tweaks to make it work together a bit better? I though of getting rid of the pred in the first list to give my two other sterns rhinos, and I could take a regular LR instead of the Crusader.

Tynskel
07-29-2012, 06:08 PM
my understanding is that you must exchange all librarian powers for the 'random' powers.

If you are unwilling to significantly change the army (ie add tanks, or flyers), then I would spare some points for a fortification with a anti-flyer weapon.

As a side note, a Whirlwind Hyperios could be a simple option for adding Space Marine Anti-Air, if you don't want to add a fortification. They are inexpensive (~100 points) and have a twin-linked AA Missile Launcher.