PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld seminar at Gamesday

Absolon
07-28-2012, 03:36 PM
I just got out of the seminar. The big news is Forgeworld will be releasing a series of books covering the Horus Heresy. They hinted that primarch models and rules would be included.

The first book to be released Fall of 2012

Kawauso
07-28-2012, 03:41 PM
Hot damn.
About the thought of primarch models, that is.

DrLove42
07-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Great. Less xenos books and more marine on marine books.

How will they fit in with 40k? Cos as been previously mentioned it will be almost a seperate system.

Wonder if FW have permission to talk about the 2 lost Primarchs

Absolon
07-28-2012, 03:54 PM
Alan did indicate the the Horus Heresy books will not be part of the Imperial Armour line. While he wouldn't elaborate it could mean the rules will not be compatible with standard 40K games

Wildeybeast
07-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Which GD was this?

DrLove42
07-28-2012, 04:22 PM
Chicago was today. Is today

AnEnemy
07-28-2012, 05:25 PM
I'm uploading the HH teaser to Youtube right now. The seminar was in a really crappy area so my audio is pretty much non existent.

There are no plans for Xenos in the HH expansion.

Again, they confirmed Necrons vs Minotaurs/Krieg for the next IA.

Necrons will be receiving new models. Most notably a techno-organic(my words, not his) locust unit.

AnEnemy
07-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Or you could check the teaser that they just emailed out too. Probably better quality.

HH Teaser (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxvPhsfqkfc&feature=youtu.be)

wittdooley
07-28-2012, 07:12 PM
Any word on Bran Redmaw????

AnEnemy
07-28-2012, 08:24 PM
None. He didn't seem interested in talking about much besides the HH.

AnEnemy
07-28-2012, 08:26 PM
Warning: Very poor audio (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU0CWXkMpFo&feature=youtu.be)

eldargal
07-28-2012, 11:34 PM
Bah, just what the hobby needs, more bloody Marine rules and models.

Black Hydra
07-29-2012, 01:11 AM
Well it's nice for those who want it but overall I'll wait for the Necron stuff. Krieg and Minotaurs versus the Necrons sounds pretty awesome.

energongoodie
07-29-2012, 03:23 AM
I want it :D

I've been wanting GW to do Horus Heresy stuff since I first read about the new fangled idea of Primarchs nearley 20 years ago. This is gonna hurt my wallet :)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-29-2012, 03:40 AM
Bah, just what the hobby needs, more bloody Marine rules and models. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. :p I, for one, am excited for this release. Roll on Thousand Sons bits. :D

Wildcard
07-29-2012, 04:40 AM
Custodes, and rules for them <3 <3 <3 :D

Wildeybeast
07-29-2012, 05:10 AM
Bah, just what the hobby needs, more bloody Marine rules and models.

I'm with you on this one (and I play marines). Much as I'd like Corax to take to the field alongside the RG, it's going to be all the boring Primarchs that get done first. They also need to make sure that these rules are not compatible with 40k as Primarchs in normal games are going to be all sorts of broken. And unless they have recruited more staff, this is going to slow down the release of the IA books.

Absolon
07-29-2012, 06:16 AM
Any word on Bran Redmaw????

The Redmaw model is still being worked on. Alan indicated the model that they showed in last years Gamesday seminar was rejected. He advised the model will be released at some point but couldn't say when

Black Hydra
07-29-2012, 10:23 AM
Custodes, and rules for them <3 <3 <3 :D

Oh my Dark Gods YES! This would definitely be the highlight of the series for me. I hope they don't make them too uber-super-awesome so it isn't too broken in a regular game of 40k. If my friends approve of me using them I'd make a whole army of Custodes.

Galadren
07-29-2012, 10:43 AM
Any other news from the FW seminar other than Horus Heresy?

Gir
07-29-2012, 04:32 PM
They also need to make sure that these rules are not compatible with 40k as Primarchs in normal games are going to be all sorts of broken..

Mephiston seems to work okay, and he basically has a primarch stat line.

Dalleron
07-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Mephiston has a greater demon statline, which I see as Str and Tgh of 6. The rest of the stats vary but those to me. Now maybe a primarch would have the same base stats. Who knows. Wait and See I guess

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
07-29-2012, 09:09 PM
I'm kinda hoping they take a subtler approach to the Primarchs - they were largely well known for being amazing generals, after all. Even the Emperor was nearly killed by a Warboss.

Remember, just like when we have lone marines killing dozens of chaos marines in the books, the Primarchs are plot-important protagonistesque figures. Nearly everything will go right for them. In the books, they are always rolling 6s. That shouldn't transfer into gameplay.

Gir
07-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Mephiston has a greater demon statline, which I see as Str and Tgh of 6. The rest of the stats vary but those to me. Now maybe a primarch would have the same base stats. Who knows. Wait and See I guess

And Greater Daemons are better than Primarchs, so it makes sense.

Hell Angron as a Daemon prince is S7, T6, W5.

eldargal
07-30-2012, 12:56 AM
Something that is actually interesting from Games Day:

I know it seems like the same crap people are used to hearing -around here, but take it as you will, sorry for the vagueness; designers were very tight lipped.

Without actually comfirming or denying anything directly at the meet and greet at games day, the games designers in attendance did suggest the following:

There is at the moment no ink being lain on an Eldar or ork codex, but both are scheduled, a lot of hats in the ring for the ork book
A Lot of focus being placed on tau (suggestions of play testing), direct questions were met with smirks and sidelong glances to one another sorry I didnt press this further, but there were a crush of questions being hurled and each one was met with an eagerness to answer but a very measured response
Lots of new models with individual rule sets will be released in the next few months
Codices are now being worked on in blocks of three, ostensibly this is to help balance, but is not indicative of release schedule
The play styles within GW (even during play testing) tend to lean towards the cinematic rather than competitive
All designers were very excited while describing the volume of new models due to be released over the next few months, and hinted that recent releases are indicative of the volume we can expect with regularity
Possible new tyranid anti-flyer unit
Company wide changes to bring forge world, wd, digital, and core releases into alignment are underway

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-30-2012, 12:59 AM
The Horus Heresy is interesting. Just putting it out there......

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
07-30-2012, 01:06 AM
The Horus Heresy is interesting. Just putting it out there......A big lad has daddy issues, throws a hissy fit and converts to a hokey religion :P

Will be fun to see how FW handles it, and good that it isn't slowing the IAs down. Considering that they already have most of the pre-heresy marine kits done, shouldn't overwhelm the model releases.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-30-2012, 01:08 AM
The Chaos Gods are pretty fantastic, I must say. :D
Seriously, join the dark side; we have cake!

Wildeybeast
07-30-2012, 05:25 AM
Something that is actually interesting from Games Day:

Now that is it interesting. Hopefully the mini Daemon booklet in this months WD is a sign of things to come with WD featuring more rules updates for smaller release waves. Though this months WD did feature a Hobbit advert so we can expect the amount of boring LotR finecast releases to increase in the run up to this Christmas.

Roll on the Tau!

Neelam
07-30-2012, 06:14 AM
Roll on the Tau!

If it's one thing I want to see it's XV-9s either in the codex or lowered in points , such awesome models but so expensive to use anywhere outside of Apoc battles. I think it was 260 points for a pair with fusion cascades and a shield drone :( .

Defenestratus
07-30-2012, 06:45 AM
So it seems that the Eldar dex ISN'T going to be coming in early 2013.

Bullocks!

DrLove42
07-30-2012, 07:32 AM
That doesn't suprise me much. Tau hopefully for early next year then

eldargal
07-30-2012, 08:15 AM
The book takes around six months work, there is no reason to suppose that the rumours of it appearing early to mid 2013 are incorrect.

So it seems that the Eldar dex ISN'T going to be coming in early 2013.

Bullocks!

Deadlift
07-30-2012, 08:18 AM
The Chaos Gods are pretty fantastic, I must say. :D
Seriously, join the dark side; we have cake!

The mess my kids get in, they could easily pass for nurglings.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-30-2012, 08:19 AM
The mess my kids get in, they could easily pass for nurglings.

Do they pull on each other's tongues? Nurglings have a habit of doing that. :p
Bless 'em.

Defenestratus
07-30-2012, 08:39 AM
The book takes around six months work, there is no reason to suppose that the rumours of it appearing early to mid 2013 are incorrect.

Yeah but how do these rumors mesh with the "rumors" we read concerning the new models in the warehouse?

DrLove42
07-30-2012, 08:43 AM
Is a very good point.

If the book exist in no form are they bending the rules to fit pre designed models (which is backwards), or one of these things is not true

Or are we getting a WD addition like Deamons did?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-30-2012, 08:49 AM
*sigh*

Why are the Eldar players always pessimistic? It's because you're all dying isn't it?

DrLove42
07-30-2012, 08:59 AM
I'm neither Pessemistic nor Optimistic

Optimist - Half Full
Pessamist - Half Empty

I'm an Engineer - The glass is twice as large as it needs to be

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-30-2012, 09:08 AM
Oh, that old chestnut.

Eldar will get a codex when they get a codex, not sooner or later. :p

Defenestratus
07-30-2012, 09:22 AM
*sigh*

Why are the Eldar players always pessimistic? It's because you're all dying isn't it?

We've been trained to be like this. Battered Child syndrome.

However, I'm more interested in how GW operates when it comes to new editions releases. If the rumors of new models sitting in a warehouse are true, along with the statement that "no ink had been lain" on a new Eldar dex, then this means that the studio basically comes up with the models, and the game designers have to come up with rules to fit it in the book.

This really does smack of "opposite" of the way its should work from a game balance perspective. However, since GW has said that they're a "model" company not a "game" company (which is pretty rich, considering its name) then this would make more sense.

I mean, it would explain the Dreadknight :P

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-30-2012, 09:28 AM
Unless they've done it all digitally and they're being cryptic so-and-so's. :p

eldargal
07-30-2012, 09:36 AM
Models can be done well in advance, GK kits were spotted in the warehouse 6 months out at least. Nothing in this contradicts what we have already heard.:)

Kyban
07-30-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm neither Pessemistic nor Optimistic

Optimist - Half Full
Pessamist - Half Empty

I'm an Engineer - The glass is twice as large as it needs to be

Opportunist - Drink the contents while everyone else is arguing about it.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-30-2012, 09:53 AM
Opportunist - Drink the contents while everyone else is arguing about it.

^ I'm with this guy.

theresponsibleone
07-30-2012, 04:43 PM
If the rumors of new models sitting in a warehouse are true, along with the statement that "no ink had been lain" on a new Eldar dex, then this means that the studio basically comes up with the models, and the game designers have to come up with rules to fit it in the book.

Not necessarily.

If there was, say, a significant update in a White Dwarf with some of these models, that's no ink down on an Eldar Codex, but still an Eldar update...