PDA

View Full Version : Bladestorm and Overwatch

Cereal n' Milk
07-28-2012, 01:42 PM
Is it possible for a squad of Dire Avengers to use Bladestorm during Overwatch?

Bladestorm states, "The Exarch and his squad may choose to add one to the number of shots they each fire with their shuriken weapons that turn. If they do so they may not fire in the subsequent shooting phase as they reload."

I see nothing that says that they can't, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Jwolf
07-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Assuming your quote is correct and complete, yes. I'm too lazy to find my Eldar codex right now. :)

Archon Charybdis
07-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Yeah, nothing about the rule prevents you from bladestorming on Overwatch. If you're feeling particularly gamey, there's nothing that prevents you from Bladestorming in your shooting phase, and firing again(even bladestorming again) on Overwatch--the restriction is in your subsequent shooting phase. It's a good way to get dreadsocked, but it's legit by the rules.

Tynskel
07-28-2012, 03:20 PM
yeah, but why would you bladestorm in overwatch? so you get ~1-2 more hits?
better to use in the shooting phase.

DrLove42
07-28-2012, 03:25 PM
It gets better. Where it says "turn" it means game turn not player turn unless especially stated otherwise.

So if you use it in your shooting phase......its still in effect when you get charged (and your overwatch) in your opponents turn....

Gotthammer
07-28-2012, 03:45 PM
It gets better. Where it says "turn" it means game turn not player turn unless especially stated otherwise.

You got that round backwards - pg 9.

Not that it would disallow firing (and using bladstorm) in overwatch either way, as Archon Charybdis said.

Demonus
07-29-2012, 12:11 AM
yeah, but why would you bladestorm in overwatch? so you get ~1-2 more hits?
better to use in the shooting phase.

only reason i can think of if you hadnt used it yet, and are about to be wiped out by the assaulting force. better to use than to lose.

Archon Charybdis
07-29-2012, 07:49 AM
I actually managed to kill Obyron on Overwatch the other day with Bladestorm and the benefit of Doom and Guide.

Aramel
07-29-2012, 08:59 AM
I've used bladestorm in the shooting phase and again to overwatch in the opponent's turn a few times, it's great fun.

DrLove42
07-29-2012, 09:56 AM
Also you can use the physic power of full BS on overwatch