PDA

View Full Version : Daemons up for Advance Order

eldargal
07-27-2012, 11:27 PM
Here (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCatsLarge.jsp?catId=cat440160a&rootCatGameStyle=wh40k).

Exalted Thingamie of Slaanesh
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2470777a_99129915011_ExaltedSeeker01_873x627.jpg

Adorable Nurglings
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2470847a_99129915014_Nurglings40k01_873x627.jpg

Blue Scribes
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2470912a_99819915010_TheBlueScribes01_873x627.jpg

deaddice
07-27-2012, 11:29 PM
I managed to get a peek at the chaos demons rule update thingy i had a look at the chariots seems the main diff is the exalted chariot has more HP.

Still its a rather grand model, if only i didnt have tuns of eldar to paint i might start a demon army

bootstrapbill
07-27-2012, 11:54 PM
This is going to give a big boost to CSM

Emerald Rose Widow
07-28-2012, 12:52 AM
I really love the slaanesh chariot, I would buy it just to paint the bloody thing, its a really neat kit.

KrewL RaiN
07-28-2012, 01:26 AM
Oh GW, finding more ways to squeeze more money out of us with the whole "combine two chariot kits to make the exalted version". Still looks very epic even with the cost of the whole thing.

The description of the chariot is amusing, it IS a farm plow!

Belial69
07-28-2012, 01:40 AM
Preordered the exalted chariot, and waiting for IA:aeronuatica to hit my doormat this morning :). Really not helping my overdraft, damn you GW!!! :)

heretic marine
07-28-2012, 02:26 PM
I saw on my email "Ruinous Powers Unleashed", or something like that, and thought OMGosh chaos space marine are out early, I clicked on it to see that it is only deamons

Kawauso
07-28-2012, 03:04 PM
I saw on my email "Ruinous Powers Unleashed", or something like that, and thought OMGosh chaos space marine are out early, I clicked on it to see that it is only deamons

Well to be fair CSM serve the Ruinous Powers; they are not in and of themselves those powers.
And they're still rumoured to be the next codex. :)

I wish Daemons weren't such a hit-and-miss army for me, aesthetically.

Wildeybeast
07-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Oh GW, finding more ways to squeeze more money out of us with the whole "combine two chariot kits to make the exalted version". Still looks very epic even with the cost of the whole thing.

So according to WD there is a 'while stocks last' box set to allow you to make the exalted chariot kit. Basically two kits in one box. Though given that it costs the same price as two boxes separately (£36 vs £18x2) I fail to see the point in releasing one at all, never mind making it a limited run. Saving the postman's arms maybe?

The plague bearers and Nurglings however seem like good value, given the amount of extra decorative Nurglings you get with them. Look at the wee little guys, aren't they cute?

wittdooley
07-28-2012, 04:57 PM
Why do all the Slaneeshi things have claws. I think that's so stupid.

I didn't realize Slaneesh was the lobster god.

Archon
07-28-2012, 06:38 PM
I´d could be worse: Imagine you´ve to buy the exhalted verison, even if you wan´t only the normal seeker chariot:eek:

Wildeybeast
07-29-2012, 05:13 AM

Having wheels which are big spikes are going to be totally impractical too. Unless that thing is made out of something ridiculously light, those wheels are going to dig straight into the ground (especially in a muddy battlefield) and then it isn't going anywhere.

eldargal
07-29-2012, 05:17 AM
Daemons > Laws of Physics & practicality.

Wildeybeast
07-29-2012, 05:30 AM
Stupid demons and their silly magic.

Cpt Codpiece
07-29-2012, 06:51 AM

they always have, always will.
goes back to slaves to pleasure, the old realms of chaos book. the first slaanesh sign was clawed (actually more like modern ones than the old lobster ones), the reasoning was the lithe form and beauty of the eldar was corrupted with the lethality and repulsion of the claws.

i love the entire wave of chaos stuff but yeah the chariot is a little farm tech, but i still love it.

MajorWesJanson
07-29-2012, 10:26 PM
"Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment."

Mordin is a follower of Slaanesh?