PDA

View Full Version : Assassin!

thecactusman17
09-30-2009, 01:15 AM
Something I noticed earlier while preparing a small non-competetive army (trying to find a "rune-killer" anti-jaws combo). It appears that you may be capable of taking two OA assassins (vindicaire, callidius, culexes, eversor) if you take the other hunter HQ and then the second assassin as an allied HQ choice. This is based on the fact that previous GW rulings on Inquisitors hold that they affect "may only be taken if an inquisitor is present" units from their own codex.

Could anyone else reasonably come to this conclusion? I know it's cheesy, but cheese seems to be the order of the day with current GW releases. I'm not even sure if it's competetive, I just want to know if it is technically legal.

Oh, and the culexus (psyker assassin) may be capable of making eldar/SW/Guard it's whiny b***h in the new rules now that infiltrate gives them outflank. Anyone have success with them?

Exitus Acta Probat
09-30-2009, 02:11 AM
Both Codices suffer the same restrictive numerical value for what they can field, INDEPENDENT of what the other 'ally' brings to the table.
Thus,
Ally 1 may only have
1 HQ
1 Elite
2 Troops
1 FA
that's it. the restrictions in question are in place REGARDLESS of an other =I= ally presence.
Ally 2 would repeat.
They are not sharing a pool they can outsource either.

Also, as the Assassins are Elites and not HQs, I don't see how you could extrapolate backwards into making them an HQ to satisfy something odd allowing you to have 2?
1st, you must sat your minimum force org req's from your own 'home' dex.
What you would be doing would be making both of your HQ's allies...can't happen. And that's assuming I read your 1st paragraph right, it's a might muzzy.

(quote:"if you take the other hunter HQ and then the second assassin as an allied HQ choice. This is based on the fact that previous GW rulings on Inquisitors hold that they affect "may only be taken if an inquisitor is present" units from their own codex.")

StarWarsDoug
09-30-2009, 08:06 AM
I believe the thought is both DH and WH can take an assassin in an Elite slot. So by having WH with Allied DH would you then be able to take 0-1 Assassin from DH and 0-1 Assassin from WH? Thus having 2 Assassins.

Exitus Acta Probat
09-30-2009, 08:56 AM
Stick:
ah,
that would make a bit more sense.
Allies statements just put me in 'ally' mode for both.
It was convoluted. But so am I frequently, so meh! ;)

Culven
09-30-2009, 11:55 AM
It appears that you may be capable of taking two OA assassins (vindicaire, callidius, culexes, eversor) if you take the other hunter HQ and then the second assassin as an allied HQ choice.
Could anyone else reasonably come to this conclusion?
Sorry, but no, your conclusion is incorrect. Not the restriction listed in each OA entry (DH & WH) which states there may only be one OA Assassin in a force. So, it is not possible to have have more than one in a force unless one is playing Apocalypse.