PDA

View Full Version : So...New Daemons in WD

Ryorus
07-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Question, the stuff in WD on daemons, are they actually new rules for them? Or is it just saying what the new models are. Like is this our revamp so that Daemons are more suited for the new edition? or just showing off the new models? Someone please clarify, if there are rumours of the new rules if that's the case please share

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, i figured this was general discussion as i didn't have any new rumors to contribute.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-23-2012, 11:00 PM
They're just new models to bring Daemons up to date with everyone else.

eldargal
07-23-2012, 11:05 PM
There may be new rules, but it is not a WD codex. Think along the lines of the Stormtalon and Dakkajet release. There is a new seeker chariot of Slaanesh and an Exalted version which may account for all the new rules or it may be some kind of 6th ed FAQ.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-23-2012, 11:15 PM
Now you're just making me think of Exalted RPG. xD 'I perfect dodge your lascannon'

Ryorus
07-23-2012, 11:24 PM
There may be new rules, but it is not a WD codex. Think along the lines of the Stormtalon and Dakkajet release. There is a new seeker chariot of Slaanesh and an Exalted version which may account for all the new rules or it may be some kind of 6th ed FAQ.

Guessing that means any hope of a new dex anytime remotely soon is very very unlikely. I feel our dex was never good hahaha

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-23-2012, 11:43 PM
Well, that Epidemius/Grot killer combo is quite cool.

eldargal
07-24-2012, 01:19 AM
Not necessarily, Vampire Counts received a similar splash release with new rules only months before their new army book was released.

Wolfshade
07-24-2012, 01:24 AM
I think that we were wondering what would have the unit type "chariot" and now we know

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-24-2012, 01:27 AM
Catacomb Command Barges do it too. :D

Ulthwé Guardian
07-24-2012, 02:51 AM
Just throwing this out there, is possible that the recent GW Chaos trailer relates to the wave Chaos Daemons and not Chaos Space Marines?

Perhaps I'm just connecting the wrong dots here and it seems over the top to do so but perhaps this might be apart of new GW strategy to advertise new releases with video trailers. Also to in the video trailer we see flashes Daemons not marines.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-24-2012, 03:07 AM
Uh... what? We know that it's Daemons coming.

Cap'nSmurfs
07-24-2012, 03:59 AM
Yeah, the trailer is fairly clearly for Daemons. The tear in reality animation, all the flashes are of Daemon artwork from the book. And yes, it seems they're trailing all new releases with videos now, which is pretty fun.

I think it was always going to be Daemons this month - the back page of White Dwarf lately has been dropping subtle hints about the next month's content. Flyers were trailed with "the White Scars attack!" over a shot of orks and White Scars going at it. Just out of shot - the new flyers.

Last month's WD had some CSMs with Daemon allies and promised a "closer look" at allies. My brother and I thought, ooh, new CSMs! Nope, new Daemons.

Ulthwé Guardian
07-24-2012, 04:48 AM
It seems that the Chaos vid relates to Daemons not Chaos Marines. I wonder when codex CSM's will be released, I thought it'd be in August. Guess people will have to wait till September.

This makes sense I suppose because pre-release photos of CSM's would probably be leaked by now. (But under that logic the Daemon photos should also be leaked by now)

Cap'nSmurfs
07-24-2012, 05:36 AM
Some of the more reliable chatter I've heard suggests that CSM is slated for early September, and always has been.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-24-2012, 05:39 AM
Which would be awesome because Games Day is my Birthday. :D

Redwulfe
07-24-2012, 02:50 PM
It seems that the new WD is going to have demons in it and that there is a mini book with the magazine that has a codex update for the rules of the models being released. The mini book is in split format with one part of it for fantasy and the for 40k. Oh and the defiled or a variant is making its way over to fantasy, called the soulgrinder.

Red

Cap'nSmurfs
07-24-2012, 03:08 PM
the uh the uh the soulgrinder already exists

(It's new for Fantasy, but it's been a 40k unit for a while!)

The AKH
07-24-2012, 05:45 PM
the uh the uh the soulgrinder already exists

(It's new for Fantasy, but it's been a 40k unit for a while!)

I kinda want to buy this WD and see how they explain that one...

eldargal
07-24-2012, 10:19 PM
Daemons have always been cross-ruleset, the Soulgrinder is the only thing that isn't. It makes perfect sense for GW to change that and there is nothing partcularly 40k spcific about it. Daemons have been combined withtechnology before in WFB, the Hellcannon for example.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-24-2012, 10:41 PM
The Liber Chaotica is a book all about a guy in the realm of Chaos, bearing in mind this is a Fantasy book, and he nearly gets killed by Khorne Berzerkers. (World Eaters Space Marines)

Quaade
07-25-2012, 02:25 AM
I saw the WD yesterday, it is indeed new rules, not just new models. There are new rules for the slaanesh chariot things and updated rules for Flamers and Screamers and they are both worth taking now as they are ****ing insane.

The AKH
07-25-2012, 07:16 AM
Daemons have always been cross-ruleset, the Soulgrinder is the only thing that isn't. It makes perfect sense for GW to change that and there is nothing partcularly 40k spcific about it. Daemons have been combined withtechnology before in WFB, the Hellcannon for example.

Agreed, the Hellcannon has a fundamentally different aesthetic than the Soulgrinder though. Still, I suppose Chaos is as Chaos wants.