PDA

View Full Version : August New Releases

TheBitzBarn
07-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Well it looks Like August new releases are all Daemons.

AUGUST 4th
Plaguebearers (Plastic) 29.00 USD (10 Man box)
Screamers (Plastic) 29.75 USD (3 figures)
Flamers (Plastic) 20.00 USD (3 Figures)
Seekers Chariot of Slaanesh (Plastic) 29.75 USD (1 Model)
Nurglings (Plastic) 25.00 USD (3 figures)
The Blue Scribes (resin) 40.00 USD

Also a relaunch of Old Metal Deamons into Finecast and then on 18th of August a relaunch of Fantasy Beastmen in Finecast

That's all I have

eldargal
07-23-2012, 11:24 AM
Nifty, Pity there is no flyer wave though.:(

eldargal
07-23-2012, 11:47 AM
This was posted on Warseer:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/Dezartfox/models2/8799091.jpg

wittdooley
07-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Gotta be honest, I'm pretty excited about the Finecast Empire Regimental Add Ons.

@EG--- Whenever Wave 2 of flyers comes out, what is the expected Eldar flyer going to be? I'm trying to piece together this Corsairs army and need to know if I'll need to buy any FW flyers :D

Greengiant
07-23-2012, 12:42 PM
I have complete flyer envy. An Eldar flyer release will unload my wallet. I am frustrated that a buddy of mine has IG Valkyrie and a Ork Burna Bomber. Yet my eldar get nothing. Please eldargal! Tell us there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

I am excited to see Prince Althran on the list. I love the model and I may get him now.

DrLove42
07-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Little dissappointed no new chaos dex.

It seems unlikely that marines and the starter box will be the same month and this just pushes the release list back.

It seems crazy that the year of 40k and the release of 6th edition hasnt seen 1 codex in 8 months...

raven1man
07-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Grats on the 6th Ed. Now here are some boring finecast models........lame.

uglytater
07-23-2012, 04:02 PM
Is it too early for me to complain that there's no new Necron releases for the next several years? Yeah, ok, nevermind.

The Sovereign
07-23-2012, 04:23 PM
Is it too early for me to complain that there's no new Necron releases for the next several years? Yeah, ok, nevermind.

Ha, I think it will be quite a while before you can expect any sympathy. :p

I'm just starting a small Daemon allies army, so I'm pretty excited about new screamers and flamers. Wish we could get something better for the pink horrors as well (terrible design), but at least they're plastic.

Digitarii
07-23-2012, 06:05 PM

Given that one of my fav armies (Sisters of Battle) have been languishing for two editions now, I'd say you have NO room to complain seeing as the 'bots just got two new characters and a complete overhaul last edition.

Learn2Eel
07-23-2012, 07:55 PM
This will be great. It's a shame about the CSM codex, but I'm excited about all the new models. Plastic Sword Masters!
Hopefully they update the Chaos Daemons codex to actually make them the frightening force they should be.

RGilbert26
07-24-2012, 12:52 AM
If CSM Codex is the first for 6th then i suspect that it will come out in September alongside the starter box. Was talking to my local store Manager and he said that it's usually 2 months between new Rulebook and new Starter Box.

tanonymus
07-24-2012, 06:10 AM
This was posted on Warseer:
(List of Releases here)

There are a lot of things with "Status: New". Cant realy beleave that. All the Greater Daemons: new... hmmm... wrong.
But nice release wave with the new Plastics and that Slannesh chariot.

@RGilbert26: Starter and CSM Codex alongside? NEVER. I mean: they will celebrate the starerbox like they did with fantasy "isle of blood".

Zahariel
07-24-2012, 07:54 AM
Don't know if this is the right place or been posted anywhere else but hey ho:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lECkhAw3qQw&feature=g-u-u

olliswe
07-24-2012, 08:06 AM

thanks, you beat me to it :P

Dlatrex
07-24-2012, 08:39 AM

Those chariots look CRAY-ZAY! Nice to see they're making the WD's useful again.

Of all the new sculpts I think I have to love the waves of nurglings the most. :eek:

RGilbert26
07-24-2012, 08:52 AM
Earlier I made a topic about starting a 2000pt Ork army and now I think I'm about to change it, those daemon models look great. I've now just got to decide if I want to wait till end of August to see what's coming out in September.

ragnarcissist
07-24-2012, 09:33 AM
so from that vid, we can assume CSM are in september.... too far off!!! :b(

Brakkart
07-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Nice looking new models, but did I just see that Soul Grinders are in the Warhammer Fantasy half of that little booklet, cos that's a bit weird.

Ghoulio
07-24-2012, 09:49 AM
so from that vid, we can assume CSM are in september.... too far off!!! :b(

That picture is from the Dark Angel Codex...so you can assume it's a preview for the Starter Set (since its DA and Chaos) with CSM being in October.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-24-2012, 09:53 AM
It'd be really nice if someone could get some pictures of these... I unfortunately cannot as youtube is blocked by the server.

9K Painting
07-24-2012, 09:55 AM
Yea, Souldgrinders in fantasy now..

English review coming up: http://www.youtube.com/user/9kPainting

Cap'nSmurfs
07-24-2012, 11:21 AM
I was honestly slightly underwhelmed when I saw August's releases were Daemons... but those things are off the hook. And a big rules update too! That's exciting!

Daemons are one of those armies I sort of admire from afar without ever really wanting, but those are some pretty models.

Alex Knight
07-24-2012, 11:55 AM
Beautiful list. Shame there isn't a CSM Codex on it, but I won't cry that heavily. My Tzeentch Sorcerous Pact for my Vampires might just happen after all. (And then I can do my mixed 1K Sons and Alpha Legion for 40K as well with Tzeentch Daemon allies...)

That said, I'm glad to see the three Empire packs out. I liked the Duellists for characters, the Bear is going in a free company and the scribe and merchant may have their uses as well...

MarneusCalgar
07-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Well, so it looks that September will bring the Starter Set and October the Chaos Marinesīs dex

Mr Mystery
07-24-2012, 02:02 PM
Was any of this predicted by the rumour mongers? I don't remember seeing owt, but then I've not really be paying that much attention!

Just wondering how this reflects on the validity/accuracy overall if this was missed.

Mephistonsrage
07-24-2012, 08:28 PM
Beasts of War has a video of the new Daemons, and all I can say is GO TAKE A LOOK!!!!! They really did Slaanesh up right, and the new Nurgle stuff is pretty amazing. Particularly the Nurglings.

Mephistonsrage
07-24-2012, 08:29 PM
Look at Beast of Warpage, they have a video. I'm stoked about the daemons again.

DrBored
07-24-2012, 09:32 PM
Was any of this predicted by the rumour mongers? I don't remember seeing owt, but then I've not really be paying that much attention!

Just wondering how this reflects on the validity/accuracy overall if this was missed.

It wasn't predicted mostly because GW changed it around on us last minute. All the rumormongers were right, until GW decided that releasing the CSM codex in August was too soon, so they released these Chaos Daemons models that they had just bumming around.

Cap'nSmurfs
07-25-2012, 04:32 AM
"The rumours were right, it's reality that turned out to be wrong". Have you seen Four Lions? :)

Not sure what happened. I've heard it both ways - that CSM was indeed moved, or that September was always going to be Daemons. A lot of people *assumed* CSM was this month, I think, without there actually being much concrete to back it up.

But that's the rumours game!