PDA

View Full Version : Le Master Fluff Thread of Eternal Fluffiness!

Andrew283
07-23-2012, 09:50 AM
So, the beautiful weather up here in Scotland this Summer (Pml) has resulted in me internet browsing for all the background material as I can find, and while fn at first, withing an hour you have 11 tabs open on various topics from Vulkan to the Cadian Gate.

Was hoping to get this to become a thread where everybody can share, argue and debate all the fluff they know without having to troll through various threads. For instance, just post up your favorite peice('s) of fluff here for all to see :D Cheers guys

Absolon
07-23-2012, 10:26 AM
Gotta love when Lorgar beats the crap out of Fulgrim while the other traitor primarch stare on in disbelief. Or when Magnus realizes that Lorgar may be able to defeat him psychically.

Jmaximum
07-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Gotta love when Lorgar beats the crap out of Fulgrim while the other traitor primarch stare on in disbelief. Or when Magnus realizes that Lorgar may be able to defeat him psychically.

Lorgar?? When did this happen? Wasn't Lorgar the runt of the litter?

bfmusashi
07-23-2012, 01:12 PM
Lorgar clearly took a level in badass.
Craftworlds were originally merchant ships. Yeah, giant, self sustaining merchant ships capable only of sublight speeds. Kind of silly next to the webway.

Kyban
07-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Lorgar clearly took a level in badass.
Craftworlds were originally merchant ships. Yeah, giant, self sustaining merchant ships capable only of sublight speeds. Kind of silly next to the webway.

I'm pretty sure they did use the webway.

bfmusashi
07-23-2012, 02:00 PM
Exactly, so why do the Craftworlds exist? You could just grab your back pack and go load up on goods from the far end of the galaxy so why do you make this thing? I vote reality TV show.

wittdooley
07-23-2012, 02:14 PM

Um...When do these things happen?

The AKH
07-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Exactly, so why do the Craftworlds exist? You could just grab your back pack and go load up on goods from the far end of the galaxy so why do you make this thing? I vote reality TV show.

Each Craftworld carries around its own webway portal - they're more like 'webway waystations'. There may also have been peculiarities in Imperial Eldar politics or culture that either required or made it advantageous for the trade guilds/companies/clans/whatever to take their business off of the Imperial worlds.

Kyban
07-23-2012, 02:27 PM
The way I understand it Craftworlds are like giant, traveling space bazaars. They used to use the webway but also have small webway gates of their own.

Absolon
07-23-2012, 03:42 PM
Um...When do these things happen?

It takes place in Aurellian

Black Hydra
07-23-2012, 08:25 PM
My favorite piece of fluff is that Alpharius and the Alpha Legion are secretly part of the Imperium and are undercover. Not only does that fulfill my "James Bond in power armor IN SPAAAAAACE!" fantasy but let's me play an army I like. I don't like the Imperium and I don't particularly like Chaos. I just like renegades out to do what they think is the right thing.

I also call BS (and I'm not talking about ballistic skill) on Guilleman killing Alpharius. It'd be pretty disappointing. I do love how everyone doubts that he did kill him though. Even Guilleman's own marines are not sure Alphie is dead.

wittdooley
07-23-2012, 09:17 PM
It takes place in Aurellian

I must have read a different Aurelian than you. Maybe I'll have to read it again.

Andrew283
07-26-2012, 12:52 AM
As much as I detest the Space Marines, I do collect the Salamanders, and as such, love the background about Vulkan's contest with the Emperor and also his 7 relics.

Chris*ta
08-14-2012, 12:58 PM
"James Bond in power armor IN SPAAAAAACE!"

I DEMAND PHOTOS!!! hidden words here