PDA

View Full Version : GK vehicles and Psyichic Powers

Daemondad
07-21-2012, 08:19 AM
GK vehicles have the Psychic Pilot rule which basically states that they are psykers (mastery L1) and use a leadership of 10.

The question is, can the vehicles with the Psychic Pilot rule trade their Fortitude power in and use the powers from the new 6th edition powers in the book? It seems kind of odd a Rhino or LR could do this, but unless I missed something, I don't see where they cant.

Melon-neko
07-21-2012, 08:41 AM
GK vehicles have the Psychic Pilot rule which basically states that they are psykers (mastery L1) and use a leadership of 10.

The question is, can the vehicles with the Psychic Pilot rule trade their Fortitude power in and use the powers from the new 6th edition powers in the book? It seems kind of odd a Rhino or LR could do this, but unless I missed something, I don't see where they cant.

In the Grey Knights codex only Librarians and Inquisitors can swap out their codex powers for rulebook powers. (Grey Knights FAQ, little sheet with the psychic cards)

RGilbert26
07-21-2012, 11:56 AM
I'm sorry but what a dumb question, of course you cant change the power.

bfmusashi
07-21-2012, 04:12 PM
I'm sorry but what a dumb question, of course you cant change the power.

We need more helpful people like you posting on these boards.

Tynskel
07-21-2012, 04:50 PM
We need more helpful people like you posting on these boards.

Yeah, people, like me:

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showpost.php?p=194151&postcount=1

Baka
08-31-2012, 12:30 PM
In the Grey Knights codex only Librarians and Inquisitors can swap out their codex powers for rulebook powers. (Grey Knights FAQ, little sheet with the psychic cards)

As the FAQ does not say ONLY Librarians and Inquisitors, it is just to clarify what ones they may use. So why not let someone change out a perfectly useful power for one that has a chance of being denied or used. If they take a shooting one they cannot move and shoot any other weapons! That is assumed of course, Keep Fortitude!

JMichael
08-31-2012, 02:23 PM
As the FAQ does not say ONLY Librarians and Inquisitors...

Only in the FAQ's do current psykers get the ability to swap out powers. And the GK FAQ states that Liberians can and that Inquisitors can. Since no one else is given the option to swap out powers...no one else can.

DarkLink
08-31-2012, 02:27 PM
As the FAQ does not say ONLY Librarians and Inquisitors, it is just to clarify what ones they may use. So why not let someone change out a perfectly useful power for one that has a chance of being denied or used. If they take a shooting one they cannot move and shoot any other weapons! That is assumed of course, Keep Fortitude!

To do anything, such as swap out a psychic power, you must have permission to do it somewhere in the rules. Only Librarians and Inquisitors are granted permission to do so anywhere, rulebook or FAQ, thus only Librarians and Inquisitors may swap powers.