PDA

View Full Version : BartertownUK site now live and open for business!

Wolfy
07-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Following an email to the BolS owner, I was told this was the correct place to put this topic, If any mod is reading this and thinks it belongs on the BolS front page - that would be great too. I did request this in the email but not sure if it was acknowledged. Anyway, what follows is our official release info:

Good morning one and all,

I am happy to announce that a project I have been working on has today gone live and is open for business – BartertownUK. Long dissatisfied with the very US-centric orientation of Bartertown.com, yet constantly impressed by the service that was provided, I decided that something ought to be done. BartertownUK aims to be a euro-centric website that offers much of the functionality of our similarly-named partners across the pond, and offer a professional service for everything from buying, selling and trading those much needed books to miniatures to paintball gear to CCG/CMG.

BartertownUK has been formulated with the express consent of the owners and operators of Bartertown.com, and, although only minor affiliation exists (continue reading for more information), we embrace the spirit of brotherhood that naturally entails between our two sites. The creation of BartertownUK is in no way an attempt to threaten Bartertown.com for shares in the market – it has been created to do the exact opposite – to support and compliment it. For more information on our affiliation with Bartertown.com, some basic guidelines when using the website, and registering, please read on below.

BartertownUK, Bartertown.com and their relationship

It will be fairly obvious to you all by now that there is another 'Bartertown' branded website across the Pond in the United States. This website was created (With their express permission) based on the same name, branding, and forum rules system. Having said that, BartertownUK is in no other way affiliated with Bartertown.com. Certain similarities may exist, such as the logo, name, and members, but the power structure, finances, and decision making tree of both websites are entirely independent.

Having said that, both myself and Rudi, from Bartertown.com, share an agreement whereby we may consider consulting each other or cooperating in the case of bad trader reports and the like. In a similar vein – much dialogue has been conducted between myself and the aforementioned admin team of Bartertown.com discussing the idea from conception to launch, and I am most grateful for their input.

Cross-posting of your items on both the BartertownUK and Bartertown.com websites couldn't be encouraged more. Please, support both sites as much as you possibly can. This website was created simply to complement Bartertown.com by offering a more local service to the UK and Europe, it was in no way created to challenge Bartertown.com

More information about advertising on BartertownUK (http://www.bartertownuk.com/index.php?topic=4.0)

Further cooperation between the sites is in terms of advertisers - All advertisers currently advertising with Bartertown.com will receive a 25% discount on advertising rates on BartertownUK.

Please click the above link to find out more about advertising with BartertownUK, and the benefits.

All new Feedback system!

BartertownUK incorporates an all new feedback system into the very frame of the website. Leaving feedback couldn’t be easier, and feedback is easy to view at the click of a button with a potential trading partner, buyer or seller. Instructions of how to leave feedback can be found here (http://www.bartertownuk.com/index.php?topic=7.0)

Forum Rules and Regulations

On first visiting the forum, please visit the rules section and have a complete read through of the rules and guidelines of using the site. You will note that these rules are similar to those used by Bartertown.com, and this is because, even if I spent years working on them, I could never get a set of rules that are as thorough and thought out as those that are tried, tested, and still in use at Bartertown.com. The rules have been used with express permission of the head administrator at Bartertown.com

Premium Membership

As with Bartertown.com, BartertownUK operate a premium club for members. For a small fee, you can gain access to the AdultSwim section of the forum, and have posting rate reduced from 7 to 4 days in all forums. All advertisers automatically become part of the Premium Club in addition to their other rights.

More information can be found here (http://www.barertownuk.com/index.php?topic=5.0)

Registration

If you have issues with registration, feel free to email admin[at]bartertownuk.com with your desired username, and I’ll get the account set up for you.

General comments

That’s all I can think of right now, and I hope I’ve gone some way to illustrating the benefits of BartertownUK. Yet, as with any community, it is formed only by its community, and we are hoping to develop a broad, community that shares in discussion frequently. I look forward to seeing you over at BartertownUK. Until then, keep gaming, and keep trading.

http://www.bartertownuk.com