PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION: BoLS is looking for a Tactics/Army List Wrangler

Bigred
07-20-2012, 11:24 AM
So all you fine denizens of the Lounge.

We want to do a weekly frontpage post that highlights the best single tactics or army list thread from in here.

Now as we all know, the best judges of such quality are yourselves, who are engrossed in the tactical discussions.

If you are interested in taking the time to help out and submit what you consider to be the best piece of creative and useful tactical thread/army of the week, throw in your hat in this thread, and tell us a little about yourself.

I'll be in contact.

-Larry

Bean
07-21-2012, 04:35 PM
I'd do it. What do you want to know?

Tynskel
07-21-2012, 04:51 PM
I'll do it. And I'll do it in the style of mkerr: acerbic, crass, and cheesy as all ::boing::!

thecactusman17
07-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Question: will anybody independent of the discussion be working to ensure that all game rules are being followed? This board in general has a tendency to talk about tactics being used in their local game stores or player clubs, or players who insist that a 4th edition rule applies to the new rule set, and whatever else. If there isn't a peer review process, the section seems unlikely to be of much value.

Mephistonsrage
07-21-2012, 10:58 PM
I would be interested in looking at the various features and advantages of various armies and their builds. I have been playing for 21+ years, and have played almost all of the armies. I really haven't used the Necrons, the Tyranids, or the Tau that much. I have played them, and have read their books and looked up various lists because the multiple variations and how they play is very interesting to me.
I travel alot, but read my army books alot as well as peruse the various websites looking for ideas and inspiration in creating my lists. I tend to lean towards the more fluffy ones, but understand the need for the rock hard net lists that are needed for the tournament scene. However, with the inclusion of FW models into the game, i think alot of gloves have come off and the game became alot richer. I would love to help out if at all possible.I do know that anything i write is liable to be picked apart as you have a very knowledgeable and diverse gaming community that isn't afraid to state its opinions. That goes with the territory I suppose. Please let me know if you are interested.

Tynskel
07-22-2012, 12:25 AM
Question: will anybody independent of the discussion be working to ensure that all game rules are being followed? This board in general has a tendency to talk about tactics being used in their local game stores or player clubs, or players who insist that a 4th edition rule applies to the new rule set, and whatever else. If there isn't a peer review process, the section seems unlikely to be of much value.

bwhahahahahah! Peer review process? You are asking BoLS for a peer review process, when their OWN articles have horrible grammar issues? When their OWN articles do not follow the rules?

That's rich!

No, what they want is someone who can write something that gets more people to look at their site!

Bigred
07-22-2012, 01:21 AM
That's why we love Tynskel.

His superhero power is cutting through the BS.

:)

gcsmith
07-22-2012, 01:44 AM
you got to admit, as a superhero power that is pretty lame...

Still, I'm already planning on working on some real Tau tactical analysis.

commissar camenzuli
07-22-2012, 02:56 AM
I would love to do it. Having llected almost every army, i know how to play them and some great stratergies for each army.

Tynskel
07-22-2012, 01:08 PM
you got to admit, as a superhero power that is pretty lame...

Still, I'm already planning on working on some real Tau tactical analysis.

Hey, at least I *have* a super power!

gcsmith
07-23-2012, 01:52 AM
Hey, at least I *have* a super power!

A super power that makes you less liked by people?

Just kidding, but I would rather have the super power of mind reading, not criticism

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-23-2012, 03:23 AM
I'm surprised you didn't type everything in capitals Tynskel. :D

incenerate101
08-18-2012, 08:53 PM
I'd love to do this. I love writing lists and theory crafting everything, I've been playing since 2nd edition have qualified multiple times for the throne of skulls tournament. I've played and played against every army in the game. My local store is the north american head quarters and I have access to any and all rule interpretations through the store and it's employees. I'm a journalist major in college and would love to write about my hobby in detail.