PDA

View Full Version : Nemesis Greatsword

RGilbert26
07-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Im currently writing a Grey Knights army list and while going over the Dreadknight equipment i noticed that for the Greatsword it doesn't say "Hits with the sword re-roll..." it says "A model with the sword gets to re-roll...". *Now to me this means that by equipping the sword the Dreadknight hits at S10 due to the Doomfist and because it is carrying the sword it can re-roll hits, wounds and armour pen rolls.

DarkLink
07-19-2012, 05:20 PM
If you only reference the GK codex, this appears to be correct.

However, the rulebook explicitly states that you cannot use the benefits from two separate CCW at the same time. Thus you must be using the Greatsword to gain the reroll, meaning no Str 10.

No rerolls and Str 10, unless you Smash.

RGilbert26
07-19-2012, 05:33 PM
Yeah I found that bit a min ago, funny thing is MC get rerolls on armour pen anyway.

Nachodragon
07-19-2012, 05:33 PM
If you only reference the GK codex, this appears to be correct.

However, the rulebook explicitly states that you cannot use the benefits from two separate CCW at the same time. Thus you must be using the Greatsword to gain the reroll, meaning no Str 10.

No rerolls and Str 10, unless you Smash.

Not that I don't believe this, but I have been searching through the book and cannot find anything stating you can only use one weapon in combat, or rules of one while using another. Do you have a reference? I am pretty sure this was the case in 5th but can't find it now.

Tynskel
07-19-2012, 06:55 PM
it is under CC weapons.

Tynskel
07-19-2012, 06:56 PM
Yeah I found that bit a min ago, funny thing is MC get rerolls on armour pen anyway.

That's only if they are using Smash Attack.

DarkLink
07-19-2012, 08:02 PM
Not that I don't believe this, but I have been searching through the book and cannot find anything stating you can only use one weapon in combat, or rules of one while using another. Do you have a reference? I am pretty sure this was the case in 5th but can't find it now.

Pg 51

"MORE THAN ONE WEAPON
Unless otherwise stated , if a model has more than one Shooting
weapon, he must choose which one to shoot - he cannot fire
both in the same Shooting phase. If a model has more than
one Melee weapon, he must choose which one to attack with
when he comes to strike blows - he cannot mix and match the
abilities of several different Melee weapons. However, it's worth
remembering that if a model has two or more Melee weapons
he gains +l Attack in close combat (see page24)."