PDA

View Full Version : Death Korps of Krieg Paint Scheme

Naobi
09-28-2009, 11:53 PM
Does anyone know the paints used to paint the Death Korps off Krieg? I have gone to more than a dozen sites and there is no tutorial on how to paint them. Like which paints I should use; all they say its a greyish-black color

Aegis
09-29-2009, 12:44 AM
I always pictured them in heavy grey/black clothing, with grey/brown shades of armour. Not very colourful, but it seems to suit my image of them.

zed
09-29-2009, 03:32 AM
Which scheme are you thinking of? There are a few to choose from.

Codex Grey is the most common scheme. Add black, scorched brown, snakebite leather and few brown and black washes and touch up should see you right.

fade_74
09-29-2009, 08:01 AM
There is a short painting tutorial in Imperial armor masterclass where they paint some dkk for a diorama. They use a codex grey/fortress grey scheme. It looks really good.

The West Coast Knight
09-29-2009, 06:23 PM
I am using the following
Astronomicon Grey for pants
Adeptus Battle Grey for Coats
Charadon Granite for Armour and Helmuts
I then wash the models with Badab Black.
Oh and Boots gloves and webing are painted Khemri Browm and also washed Badad Black.
This gives the the look from all the cover art as well as the color from the posters.

Naobi
09-29-2009, 06:46 PM
could someone show me a picture so I could work off it visually. your help is great, but I'll mess up if I don't see where the paints go.

Naobi
09-29-2009, 10:46 PM
Thank you West Coast Knight your my hero of the day.

Denzark
10-01-2009, 07:30 AM
I am using the following
Astronomicon Grey for pants
Adeptus Battle Grey for Coats
Charadon Granite for Armour and Helmuts
I then wash the models with Badab Black.
Oh and Boots gloves and webing are painted Khemri Browm and also washed Badad Black.
This gives the the look from all the cover art as well as the color from the posters.

I've yet to see a DK of Krieg where the pants are visible - perhaps some limited edition of troops in the rear ech admining themselves and doing their laundry?

Skeletay
10-02-2009, 06:13 PM
I`ve gotten pretty close to the FW colours using P3 paints. They recipe is Iron hull grey with coal black (which is actually a dark blue). I forget the ratio but it was something like 3:1 or 4:1. The trick to that colour is adding blue.