PDA

View Full Version : Focus Fire and Precision

s_harrington
07-18-2012, 03:16 PM
While I was comparing the two rules, I couldn't seem to find a definitive answer on this,

If you focus fire and roll a 6 to hit with a character, can you allocate that wound to a model in cover?

Focus Fire says to use normal wound allocation on select models, Precision says to ignore normal wound allocation.

JMichael
07-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Good one. p19 last sentence under Focus Fire states that you ignore models with a cover save better than what you focused on.

Personally I'd say from a rules and intention of rules that the Precision Shot would still be allocated by the attacker, but to any model that could've been hit via the Focused Fire.

Tynskel
07-18-2012, 04:24 PM
it states that you can choose. The character's precision shot is aiming for someone 'important'.

DarkLink
07-18-2012, 05:20 PM
Focus Fire allows you to narrow down your wound allocation to people with poor armor saves. Precision Shot lets you ignore wound allocation altogether and put the shot where you want. Similarly, Look Out Sir allows the defending player to bypass normal wound allocation and put the wound where he wants. Look Out Sir happens after wound allocation, so it trumps Precision Shot.

Focus Fire also specifically states that it controls how your opponent allocates wounds, not you. Your opponent can't put wounds on anyone in cover, but there's no restriction on where you can allocate wounds if you get the opportunity to do so.

So:
First, Focus Fire. Then allocate wounds from Precision Shot. Then do any Look Out Sirs.