PDA

View Full Version : Eldar 6th Edition Miniatures

Bigred
07-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Kirby over at 3++ just dropped this list of Eldar boxes (http://projectbiomorph.com/index.php?topic=181.0) sighted in the flesh.

plastic Warpspiders/Everguard
plastic Skycharriots/Shining Spears
plastic Phantomwaechter - these might be the shadow spectres?
plastic Jetbikes
plastic Wraithguard/Cataphracts
plastic flyer combi-kit - The flyer is pretty large and has a crossbow shape, two canopies, one fin. The main variant on the cover has some lances and a large dorsal distort cannon. The other variant has extra downward/sideway thrusters, but I don’t remember if it has a different weapon loadout.
plastic phoenix lord niadhau - For Shining Spears, appears to be on a Vyper jetbike.
plastic webway gate
resin box Avatar
resin Black Warden - The Black Warden looks like an female Autarch. She has a shurikencatapult and a feathered guardian helm with an eye on it.
resin Dire Avenger Xentarch - Appears to be a new English name for Exarch?
resin Howling Banshee Xentarch
resin Fire Dragon Xentarch
resin Striking Scorpion Xentarch
resin box Dragon Riders
resin box Eldritch Raiders - They look like guardians but have no helms and wear scarfs around the lower head and swashbuckle belts. They are very individually equipped, have all sorts blades, pistols and/or rifles. (potentially Storm Guardians?)
resin box Halcones Cazadores
resin Warlock

No talk at all regarding schedule or rules. This is simply a listing of what boxes were sighted. Some of those names are odd, but some of you Europeans with the German, etc versions of the Eldar codex may be able to help us out.

Also, can someone get Eldargal a chair and some smelling salts. She's gonna need assistance.

Latest 3++ rumor dump: (Updated 7-25-2012)

Eldar Warpspiders/Everguard
5 per box

Spiders: whole squad looks like the old exarch, no huge weapon, helmets smaller, but same shape, wrist blades, two small spinner weapons on rod mount from the back. Spider web like straps on the chest that hold the backpack (doesn’t look as broad as the old version), running, jumping and slightly cowering poses, exarch has extra pair of weapons on the cover, don’t remember the back pictures

Everguard: aspect warrior body with runes on the chest, same collar as warpspiders but no mandible arcs and gas masks, different more warlock-like face plate and small arc at back of the head, double bladed two-handed spears, very dynamic models, jets from the side/underside of the backpack, squad leader has larger head-arc, mantle hangs over the backpack, flies in the wind

Eldar Sky Charriots/Shining Spears

3 per box, look like small vypers, slightly larger than jetbikes. Two parts: an engine part with jetbike-like canopy but in the shape of a dragon, owl and hawk head, sideway jets, and a distinct winged chariot part, parts are connected by arcs.

Riders either warlocks but arms are not robed, spear, sword and staff; or shining spear aspect warriors with lances, shining spears have smooth canopies with gems instead animal heads, helms look very cylon-like, have collar-like shoulderguards

Eldar Jetbikes

3 per box, the same pose as dark eldar jetbike, guardian riders with smaller helmets or bareheaded with lots of flying hair (80s heavy metal mane) and without backpack, vyper-esque smooth canopy, jet and wings have the same design as a falcon grav tank, underslung twin shuriken catapults and/or serpent-shaped bladehooks, some riders have axes with a hole in the blade

Eldar Dragon Riders

3 per box, very slender lizard mounts not unlike slaanesh steeds, all female rider, no helmets, long braids, guardian armor without backpack, all have shining spear lances, sabres and/or sniper rifles as sidearms, the armor has no decoration, not even gems or small bubbles, only exception is a gem that holds a cloak that falls to the left side of the rider, very simplistic look, not aztec or tribal at all

Eldar Wraithguard/Cataphracts

3 per box, look like old versions but have two rods for upper arms and thighs instead of just one, some have feet, some hooves, large fins at the back

Cataphracts: float/fly, fluttering cloth pieces instead of legs, wing-shaped shields and spears, segmented/armored head

Eldar Swooping Hawks

5 per box, larger wings, not so stiff and two-dimensional, several straps of clothes from the loin, wrists and ankles, model stand on these straps, both shoulder plates have inbuilt missile racks, Exarch has two shoulder-mounted blasters and a scimitar in one hand and two optional rifles, one is the same as the old exarch had, the other is a small star cannon

The Avatar of the Young King

Completely new design, much smaller, only as large as a wraithguard, set of aspect armour where every piece is spread out and connected by a body of magma, looks like an fire/earth elemental clad in a suit of armour, dire avenger helm with fire from the eyes and half burnt helm crest, floats and torso pose looks like vader during his Noooo scream, hands are armored, blood is dripping from the left, the right is molten and transformed into a blade

Eldar Warlock

fits the current warlocks but sharper robe edges, hadouken pose but with staff in two hands

Eldar Spirit Warrior

wraithlord-war walker mix, trygon base, running bird legs with hooves, huge scaled torso, a dozen poles extend from the back (like wraithlord but three times as much), left forearm replaced with massive lance, right hand holds extra handle on lance shaft or a three pronged swastika blade. Lower back, left shoulder and part of the left arm are concealed by an impressive cloak, head is surrounded by scaled armour plating, large gem at the front, doesn’t bend upward towards the end but downward, whole model leans forward, chest can be opened, female pilot inside

Eldar Phoenix Lord Nuadhu, The Fireheart

nuadhua holds lance upright, one end on the ground, points with axe on something, shining spear helm with tail of hair, layered armour like dark eldar-armour but with smooth curves, can be placed on vyper-variant, looks very similar to a vyper, canopy more segmented and wings in falcon-style, one large jet engine, chariot platform on the back, two large pennants

Eldar Webway Gate

Two arcs that almost touch each other at the top, whole construct has hazelnut shape, pyramidal platform with oval basis, several destroyed columns, front columns are intact and carry swooping hawk and dark reaper statues, whole model is covered with thorn-twines (seems to be optional)

Eldar Dire Avenger Xentarch

holds two handed samurai sword downwards, two wrist-mounted shuriken catapults, banner, 99% that the phoenix on it is modeled on, one foot stands on a rock with an owl next to it, all armour plates are bedecked with a rune pattern, don’t know if this is only painted on

Eldar Howling Banshee Xentarch

golfer pose, bends forwards and slashs upwards with a sabre, stretches other arm straight into the air, holds tri-swatiska, has snakes woven into her hair

Eldar Striking Scorpion Xentarch

jumps forwards, holds two short but thick chainswords in front, back of armour has backbone-like element that looks like a scorpion tail, continued on the helmet and ends in a sting, stands on ornamented plate with roots on it

Eldar Fire Dragon Xentarch

knees almost, holds very long pike with two hands ready to fire, huge cluster of grenades on his back and his belt, helm ends in a dragon head

Eldar Lamia Strike Fighter / Moon Siren Bomber & Eldar Black Warden

already described

Mr Mystery
07-18-2012, 02:30 PM
SHENANIGANS!!!!

As ever, I'll believes it when I sees it.

Kyban
07-18-2012, 02:36 PM
Also, can someone get Eldargal a chair and some smelling salts. She's gonna need assistance.
:p

I know I'm excited, throw in a new codex and it might put me over the edge too! :D

Archon Charybdis
07-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Maybe I'm just ignorant of the logistics of production/release scheduling, but it seems weird to me that they would have that many plastic kits produced and sitting in warehousing for over a year. We have to assume they're not going to release all 8-9 of those plastic kits at once, that would be completely unheard of, which means some of those supposed kits could be sitting for upwards of two years. I'm skeptical. Plus, why would there be a resin Dire Avenger exarch? Just seems sketchy.

She'll be in her bunk.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-18-2012, 02:43 PM
God damn! Where be pics? Me want now! :D

Mr Mystery
07-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Eldritch Raiders would be Yriels posse.

The names of the other new stuff don't seem especially Eldar either...

Kyban
07-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Maybe I'm just ignorant of the logistics of production/release scheduling, but it seems weird to me that they would have that many plastic kits produced and sitting in warehousing for over a year. We have to assume they're not going to release all 8-9 of those plastic kits at once, that would be completely unheard of, which means some of those supposed kits could be sitting for upwards of two years. I'm skeptical. Plus, why would there be a resin Dire Avenger exarch? Just seems sketchy.

Don't be such a pessimist, there have been plenty of unlikely rumors that have been surprisingly true.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-18-2012, 03:00 PM
I think Phantomwaechter may be Spiritseer.

lattd
07-18-2012, 03:38 PM
What if the xentarch, is an new aspect HQ that unlocks one aspect as a troop. Or this is massive wish listing.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
07-18-2012, 04:04 PM
On the note of the Shining Spear Phoenix Lord "niadhau" - a codex or two in the past, there was an Eldar special character called Nuadhu who rode a Vyper-type chariot into battle. He wasn't a Shining Spear, though.

Could mean several things. Maaaaaybe it's a dual kit which can make a special character or a generic HQ, riding a modified Vyper which uses the new "Chariot" vehicle rules. They'll want to show those off, and they'll be much better than Nuadhu's old, clunky, half dreadnought half skimmer rules.

Seems weird that a Phoenix Lord of the Shining Spears wouldn't be riding a good and proper Jetbike, though, it'd also mean he couldn't give them Exarch powers.

keithsilva
07-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Ok now that I have dusted myself off from falling out of my chair after seeing this post.

MAN OH MAN I really hope this is true:eek:, still going to not believe it until I see it, I do agree that many kits sitting in a warehouse for a year seems very very strange even for GW.

Archon Charybdis
07-18-2012, 04:30 PM
there was an Eldar special character called Nuadhu who rode a Vyper-type chariot into battle. He wasn't a Shining Spear, though.

Nuadhu was a Wild Rider Chieftain, right? It could be an epic moment of fluff advancement, where Nuadhu becomes trapped on the Path of the Warrior and like Karandras before him, ascends to become a Phoenix Lord through copious amounts of badassery.

Seems weird that a Phoenix Lord of the Shining Spears wouldn't be riding a good and proper Jetbike, though, it'd also mean he couldn't give them Exarch powers.

We have no idea if Exarch powers as we know them will even exist in the next codex. Also, his old rules allowed him to be taken as part of a Jetbike squadron.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
07-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Nuadhu was a Wild Rider Chieftain, right? It could be an epic moment of fluff advancement, where Nuadhu becomes trapped on the Path of the Warrior and like Karandras before him, ascends to become a Phoenix Lord through copious amounts of badassery.Ooo, that would be a cool development. I'd forgotten that 40k fluff was capable of any advance :P

We have no idea if Exarch powers as we know them will even exist in the next codex. Also, his old rules allowed him to be taken as part of a Jetbike squadron.True, I'd always thought that Aspect Warriors should have the more iconic of the Exarch powers by default, would spice 'em up a bit (especially since it's easier to pick out Exarchs now). I doubt they'll reintroduce mixed Vehicle/non-Vehicle units, though.

ragnarcissist
07-18-2012, 05:59 PM
ugh just what we need MORE xenos.....

Kawauso
07-18-2012, 06:25 PM
This is exciting if it turns out to be true.

It will probably tempt me into starting an Eldar army down the road. Though really I'll need to expand my DE first...

Sainhann
07-18-2012, 08:02 PM
Now I am okay with the Plastic kits since I would buy those.

But as for the Finecast Resin kits. Well I will never buy anything that is Finecast Resin.

Now it might be looking like the old Webway Portal just might be coming back as the Webway Gate.

This could be very interesting since if it allows us to move across the table fast and quick then that will open up a huge amount of options for us.

Emerald Rose Widow
07-19-2012, 12:00 AM
ugh just what we need MORE xenos.....

They need updating eventually, this small world consists of more than just space marines

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-19-2012, 12:02 AM
I think he was trolling. (EG usually says about there being too many Spess Mehreens) :p

Mr.Pickelz
07-19-2012, 12:12 AM
I don't see any Harlequins, this makes me a sad sad person... Although Plastic Wraithguard sounds good, and "raiders" sounds like a Corsair unit or some kind.;)

the jeske
07-19-2012, 01:25 AM
technicly a vyper is a jet bike only bigger.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-19-2012, 01:31 AM
technicly a vyper is a jet bike only bigger.

With a huge gun on the back. :p

Wolfshade
07-19-2012, 01:49 AM
I for one am excited.
Time to dust off the old 'dar and get me some plastic wraithguard

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-19-2012, 01:55 AM
I'm really excited about it too, especially as I've just started them. :p

Wolfshade
07-19-2012, 02:00 AM
I think I my eldar army I have only 1 plastic model currently, and that is the fire prism with a metal fire prism.

Old School

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-19-2012, 02:02 AM
I hate Eldar in finecast, all cc weapons are thin and brittle.

Hence why I got loads of metal Eldar! :D

Wolfshade
07-19-2012, 02:07 AM
You know it's bad when you still refer to Wraithlords as Dreadnoughts.

But, the big advantage is that being all metal it makes them easy to strip down.

Though I really should sort out my Orks first.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-19-2012, 02:12 AM
Well, it came at a convenient time seeing as I'm selling my M:tG.

sprugly
07-19-2012, 02:31 AM
As great as all that sound, i don't believe a word of it. That's a rediculous amount of stuff for the eldar. If it is all made expect them to sit on it for months, there's 3 waves worth there, they just Sneed to have the things made to be able to copyright them and not allow 3rd parties to do versions of unmade stuff.

Sprugly

Wolfshade
07-19-2012, 03:15 AM
A lot of the stuff is just plastic versions of existing minatures. Look at the amount that was dropped last finecast drop.
As for the range size, it is still small compared with the Space Marines :)

addamsfamily36
07-19-2012, 03:22 AM
I'm at work and iv'e just seen this thread. The entire office just looked at me from my shout of joy. (made up a story to cover)

anyways I'm so excited if this is true. I'm in the process of re-organising my eldar, this may cause me to wait to see what goodies we get first.

Also eldargal hasn't appeared yet, hope shes ok. i fear this news may have been too much. Should we send a search and rescue party?

addamsfamily36
07-19-2012, 03:25 AM
Also in regards to the size of the release, just look at current releases. Ogre kingdoms had a lot of plastics/finecast and was one of the first to cover all miniatures in one wave. With the increasing amount of 3rd party knock offs of unreleased units, GW seems to be making a move to releasing almost entire armies in singular waves to avoid and dispute further down the line.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-19-2012, 03:27 AM
Also eldargal hasn't appeared yet, hope shes ok. i fear this news may have been too much. Should we send a search and rescue party?

I don't think she's even aware of it. Bless. xD

eldargal
07-19-2012, 03:57 AM
*whimper*

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-19-2012, 03:59 AM
Hahahahaha! She's alive! Cancel the rescue parties.

Wolfshade
07-19-2012, 04:12 AM
But I have the dogs and sleds and rum ready :(

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-19-2012, 04:14 AM
Why is the rum always gone...?

Lemt
07-19-2012, 04:18 AM
*whimper*

Medic, we need a medic over here!

eldargal
07-19-2012, 04:22 AM
Ok, excited bouncing program disabled, critical thinking program re-established:

Halcones Cazadores = probably Swooping Hawks

Most things here look credible based on things that we have already heard rumours of namely dual kits. flyer combo kit and new aspects and possible a new vehicle chassis.

There are a few things that are odd:

What the hell is a Xentarch? Is it a new rank or is a mistranslation of Exarch or even Phoenix Lord?
Niadhu is not a Phoenix Lord but a Saim Hann chief.
Most rumours put Eldar at twelve months away which is perhaps a tad soon for things to be sitting around a warehouse but then again GK were spotted in a warehouse 6 months out from release. Or Eldar will be arriving sooner than we think.
Why a 'Sky chariot/Shining Spear' dual plastic kit reather than Jetbike/Shining Spear? Obviously we don't know what a skychariot is but shining spears are just jetbikes.
Dragon Riders: Exodite dragon riders rumoured primarily from ghost21 who is now largely discredited.
Webway Gate: Also rumoured for a loong time, the new focus on terrain in 6th could provide an incentive for GW to finally release some xenos scenery.

So much of it seems to build on things we have heard earlier, but there are a few things which are a bit off. Which could either mean this person did really see things in more detail than our rumourmongers have been provided with or they are basing some wishlisting and nonsense on existing rumours to give them credibility.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-19-2012, 04:27 AM
Who knows what is true here though, without pictures it's all just words.

eldargal
07-19-2012, 04:30 AM
Exactly, we won't know until we start seeing kits. There is nothing here that strikes me as particularly implausible, but that could be because they are based on existing rumours.

Wolfshade
07-19-2012, 04:33 AM
Not just words. Its hope and excitement. An unrealised potential, whereby the imagination is king and new sculpts can be dreamt about.

All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-19-2012, 04:35 AM
Yes, but I can say that I have all the money, loads of cars, and many women. Without pictures I may just be making it up.
Which I am.

Rapture
07-19-2012, 05:49 AM

I am with you on this one. GW is a corporation. Investing a huge amount in designs, molds, and kits to only leave the product sitting in the warehouse looks bad on paper.

Wolfshade
07-19-2012, 06:07 AM
I imagine a lot would play into the grand strategy.
Why re-release an army when your sales are still being bolstered by the latest edition drop?
Give people a chance to save up their pennies before the next drop.

eldargal
07-19-2012, 06:09 AM
We know things have been spotted up to 6 months in advance before, it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that Eldar will be early 2013.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-19-2012, 06:16 AM
I hope so. Make my Alaitoc even more bent. :p

addamsfamily36
07-19-2012, 07:40 AM
Good to see you alive eldargal!

I'm torn now as to what to do with my eldar. i was in the process of stripping everything for a bit of "airbrush" treatment, but i'd rather wait and complete my force then paint. but a year is a long time to not play with my pretty toys :(

addamsfamily36
07-19-2012, 07:41 AM
dark agent.....what....is that ....in your avatar picture?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-19-2012, 07:42 AM
I embraced the Brony. PRAISE BE TO TZEENTCH'S DARK STEED.

BigGrim
07-19-2012, 07:58 AM
It isn't beyond the realms of possibility that Eldar will be early 2013.

Here's hoping! I am always happy for word on more Eldar!

Saying that, I still have a huge amount still awaiting paint.:D

Psychosplodge
07-19-2012, 08:49 AM
Unless they're the september release, not the rumoured chaos.

That'd be unexpected...

addamsfamily36
07-19-2012, 09:20 AM
I embraced the Brony. PRAISE BE TO TZEENTCH'S DARK STEED

............and his soul was lost forever

Psychosplodge
07-19-2012, 09:21 AM
............and his soul was lost forever
He wasn't using it anyway....

raven1man
07-19-2012, 09:31 AM
Unless they're the september release, not the rumoured chaos.

That'd be unexpected...

When did m night shyamalan start working for gw?

Psychosplodge
07-19-2012, 09:34 AM
When the squats had never really existed at all...and were merely a collective hallucination...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-19-2012, 09:38 AM
BWAH! Shamamamalan!

bfmusashi
07-19-2012, 10:20 AM
I spent a fair bit of time trying to find out what a Xentarch is and finally sent a letter off to a friend that deals with the history of the Eastern Roman Empire to find out. I think GW may have finally made up a word. More likely it's just what exarch is in another language.

Denour
07-19-2012, 10:25 AM
Dear god I hope even a small part of that list is true. I would kill for a plastic Wraith Guard kit - I've put off painting them simply because I dont want to have to deal with the dated metal models.

And a multi-kit plastic flyer... ahmahgad.... gimmeh!

jonsgot
07-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Ok at the obvious risk of adding 2 and 2 and getting 5, or rather GW saying at the open day they have about 6 40k projects on the go, a 40k release every month up to Christmas and someone spotting new eldar in a warehouse. It's it just possible that we will see,

Chaos in a couple of weeks (July order ),
the starter set next month (August),
Dark Angels at Games Day (September),
after that Eldar (October),
then Tau, Marines , Black Templers or Tyranids in (November)?

Oh course the other 40k releases could just be flyers or new terrain kits, but after the bomb shell at the Open Day, the lack of any codex since the end of last year and this being the 25th Anniversary, I'd say it might be just possible.

Mud Duck
07-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Now didn't the rumor mill say something along the lines of GW wasn't doing the 'wave' thing with releases, but blowing the load in one shot? So the idea that there is a warehouse with all these minis waiting on say, the new rules, or the printers to finish printing the codex, or a dozen other things doesn't sound to far fetched. And a release date anytime from tomorrow to sometime in 2016 is possible.

Of course the release date will but two weeks after I finish my waithguard from necron warriors conversion. Curse you GW why can't I quit you? :):confused::)

CrimsonTurkey
07-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Now didn't the rumor mill say something along the lines of GW wasn't doing the 'wave' thing with releases, but blowing the load in one shot?

I'm so happy about that. It used to always take forever for me to be satisfied. Now I'll finally get what I want and I won't have to suffer through all that stop and go.

magickbk
07-19-2012, 01:45 PM
It stands to reason that GW playtested 6th edition using working versions of what they intended future Codexes to be, and those stand to be the ones most in need of an update. It is also possible that these books could have been released earlier, but GW didn't want to release them and then immediately have to FAQ them significantly. Why release a 5th Edition codex when you could wait 6 months and release it as a 6th?

So if we assume that most of the ranges were ready to go, then all they needed to do would be to do the language translations and print the books. If they had sent the books out earlier, it might have tipped off the world on 6th rules changes.

I guess we'll see what happens over the course of the next 6 months, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a more aggressively release schedule immediately after the 6th release. It should be expected.

SotonShades
07-19-2012, 04:36 PM
Call Mulder and Scully... I want to believe!

Something just stirkes me as off though. I don't think it is the potentially dodgy translations.

What exactly doe floating around warehouses mean? I wouldn't be entirely surprised that Kirby's source may have seen the pre-production boxes, especially as in most warehouses, stored stock is kept in sealed carboard boxes to stop getting sun damaged/bleached at all. Assuming Kirby's source is first hand. If it's second or third, it would surprise me at all that someone had seen the boxes, told his contact he said to his mate that his friend had seen the boxes who would then (possibly not knowing GWs production/preproduction cycle) might well assume that finished boxes have been seen waiting in warehouses.

Then again I do believe Kirby has been fairly accurate in the past on a lot (not all) modelling rumours? Don't suppose someone fancies going back through the last couple of years worth of posts and checking that? I certainly don't lol.

Might just be me again, but that looks like quite a big list. Ok, spread it over the month into two smaller releases or set up over a couple fo waves... but that still sounds like quite a bit for a well established army. Buuuutttt the Eldar are one of the armies with the lowest amount one plastic in their range (apart from SOBs obviously) so that may make sense. Again, anyone fancy checking against other fantasy/40k army releases since the introduction of the CAD design and manufacturing process... I'd say the last 5 years?

On the positive, supportive note for these rumours, I'd actually believe GW starting up production this early out for mass storage. The cost of setting up this kind of production run is MASSIVE, even with global manufacturing facilities the likes of GW have. We have all bemoaned the shortages of certain items at launch, and in the past I have certainly noticed certain stock having deminished levels regularly in the months prior to big releases. I can only imagine that being due to manufacturing being turfed over to new lines temporarilly to meet the expected demand. Building up the back stock slowly for the prior 12 months prior to the main release should kill both birds with the single bolter round. Or shuriken disc in this case!

Also, if it is making EG squirm so, it can only be good news for GW as there is a half chance she might buy up their entire stock of some of those models, just to roll around the sprues naked on. Or is it only me that does that?

Also, I doubt the Phantomwaechter woulf be Shadow Spectres. GW doesn't want to do plastics of FWs products any more, havent for a while.

Iyandagar
07-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Ok, as an Eldar player this possible news pleases the Granny out of me. As frankly I eased off fielding them so much as Orks kinda usurped them as my favourite army. A new codex would be MOST welcome indeed. Models too, but my Craft World is seriously overflowing with Eldar at the moment.

6th edition seems intent on crippling me financially, Chaos Marines, yep gotta be getting that little lot as soon as it releases, I love my Chaos army as it is and a refresh would be more than welcome.

The release of the Ork flyers, blew a whole in my wallet...

The idea of allies got me all of a quiver with a plan to bolster my Sisters with a small force of Dark Angels. Simple choice really, they all wear dresses together....

That just leaves me to advertise the following: Caterham 7 for sale.... Any and all offers considered :), quick sale required ideally for September and the next wave of 40k goodness.....

Blackhat
07-19-2012, 05:11 PM
... ok, with every other month being a fantasy or "other items" release, August= main box, Sept= f/oi, October = Dark Angels, November = f/oi, December = ELDAR?? could happen....

As for the items alleged in the post, here's a guess on chance of reality, based on what GW has been doing:

- New jet bikes to match Dark Eldar - 99%
- New multi-flyer, because skimmers are just not good enough anymore- 99% (going with some of the old BF:G fighter/bomber stuff?)
- Sky charriots/Shining Spears - 75% - if bikes are changing, you have to change the Spears... and honestly, they could really use somthing more and better. Making them a stand-apart group with an alternate build would make the kit worth it.
- Lord Niadhau - 75% - bringing out a new codex with out new characters is a big no-no, and doing a jump to Phoenix Lord (or even just as the same old wildrider lord) with this gent would rock.
- Warp spiders/Everguard- 75% - Warpspiders are pretty much the oldest sculpt in the Eldar army, and their fluff has always been weak (not even a pheonix lord!). Bringing them into the new would make sense, and since allmost all plastic kits have alternate builds available now, of course there's going to be something new attatched to make them exciting.
-Xentarchs - 50% - We have Exarchs, and we have Autarchs... ten to one this is either a odly renamed Phoenix Lord resculpt (and, man what I wouldn't give for that) or something like "Aspect Captains" to the exarch's Lt. or Sgt.
-Raiders/Cazadores - 50% - Gaurdians are boring and inflexible in usage. They have little to no options, and face it, we use them mostly because we feel guilty for not doing so. So, looking to the Dark Eldar, I am hoping for something new and exciting in the troops area.
- Webway Gate - 25% - likely as not, this is going to be the reappearance of the swirly colorful dome that keeps selling out whenever a new Eldar/Dark Eldar codex comes out.

Oh, and I am not putting any numbers on plastic Wraithguard. The chance that they would be re-worked into a new, flexible, dynamic unit is just too much for my poor little fanboy soul.

Here's hoping!:D

Blackhat
07-19-2012, 05:44 PM
... ok, with every other month being a fantasy or "other items" release, August= main box, Sept= f/oi, October = Dark Angels, November = f/oi, December = ELDAR?? could happen....
:D

:eek:...forgot Chaos... how could I forget Chaos... OK, so add another 2 months, and maybe bump a little to call the main box an alternate month... and that gets you...

- August: main box (& hopefully more flyers - Tau, Dark Eldar, and maybe Nids?)
- September: Chaos Codex strikes. (Chaos w/wings models anyone?)
- October: probably more chaos, maybe some other chaos, and possibly a few other chaos related things. Or maybe Fantasy...
- November: Dark Angels Codex drops. DA will be the big Holidays marines release, along with maybe a few straggler Chaos.
- December: Nothing like yet another cool bit of terrain for Christmas... perhaps some Xenos builds? Or maybe Fantasy...
- January: probably a catch-up month, some misc finecast remakes... etc. January is always slow - everyone's either returning stuff to get what they really want, or buying what they didn't get in December, and the stores are all looking at their receipts and deciding which way to jump in the new year.
- February: dare we say... ELDAR??? This would put them at right about 6 months for start of build up, right?? Phoenix Lord valentines, anyone? :p

CrimsonTurkey
07-19-2012, 07:57 PM
That just leaves me to advertise the following: Caterham 7 for sale.... Any and all offers considered :), quick sale required ideally for September and the next wave of 40k goodness.....

Not worth it.

billytwix
07-19-2012, 10:58 PM
For those planning the next 6months out, dont for get about fantasy and that good ol' movie known as the hobbit which will get some holiday overselling by GW. We'll see what comes down the pipes....

Psychosplodge
07-20-2012, 01:30 AM
just to roll around the sprues naked on. Or is it only me that does that?

I did it once, but only once, tyranids are far too spikey for that....

Seriously though was there a super heavy listed?
Have Eldar got a plastic super heavy yet?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-20-2012, 01:31 AM
Not even slightly.

Psychosplodge
07-20-2012, 01:37 AM

I'll give you an entire £11.20 (About whats in my pocket :D)

SotonShades
07-20-2012, 06:33 AM
I'll give you an entire £11.20 (About whats in my pocket :D)

I bid £11.21!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-20-2012, 06:37 AM
Oh gods, another bidding war.

Psychosplodge
07-20-2012, 06:37 AM
Oh we're playing this game again? :D

I will raise my bid to £11.25, and a roll of electrical tape.

addamsfamily36
07-20-2012, 07:28 AM
I'm not sure what game is being played, or whats even going on right now but:

I will bid £11.26, a bus ticket that expires on sunday and....wait for it..................a ball of precious pocket fluff!!!

Psychosplodge
07-20-2012, 08:18 AM
I'll raise my previous bid to £11.34, electrical tape, and a genuine used capacitor

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-20-2012, 08:19 AM
I'll give you all the harlots!

*number of harlots may vary

Psychosplodge
07-20-2012, 08:22 AM
Used or fresh harlots? surely it's important to specify when you're competing in a bidding war...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-20-2012, 08:23 AM
Both!

CrimsonTurkey
07-20-2012, 08:34 AM
$41.53 USD, 22 Russian Rubles, a cell phone that is not long for this world, and a private ballet lesson.

Wolfrahm
07-20-2012, 02:10 PM
I just hope that if these rumors are true that our dex doesn't get hosed. I looks to me like we are or maybe getting alot of multiple kits like they did for the Necrons so here's hoping for CC wraithguard.

SotonShades
07-21-2012, 03:43 AM
Screw it, I'll just go steal the one from outside the factory up the road... After buying beer yesterday I don't have the funds to out bid the rest of these people!

Unless you accept used tubes that used to contain poly cement?

Anggul
07-21-2012, 07:58 AM
I don't see why Warp Spiders and Everguard would be a combined kit, they bear absolutely no similarities to one another whatsoever. Also, what's the point in making up new flyers when we already have flyers which we want in plastic?

Archon Charybdis
07-21-2012, 08:38 AM
What are Everguard anyway? Is that foreign language translation for something?

Kawauso
07-21-2012, 08:45 AM
What are Everguard anyway? Is that foreign language translation for something?

This. I wasn't aware Everguard were a thing, previously?

gresha
07-21-2012, 08:50 AM
Everguard I believe are in charge of recovering Soulstones. They aren't really seen in the current codex except for a picture on page 12 in the bottom left hand corner. Someone made a WIP model based on them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/garry1215/WIP/EldarEverguardB.jpg

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
07-21-2012, 10:13 AM
I don't see why Warp Spiders and Everguard would be a combined kit, they bear absolutely no similarities to one another whatsoever. Also, what's the point in making up new flyers when we already have flyers which we want in plastic?Everguard, not Wraithguard :P I assume that the small picture of the Everguard's getting retconned to be equipped with the teleporter-pack - if the Warp Spider kit can be used for more than one unit/FOC/purpose, it'll sell more, justifying making the plastic kit in the first place. I doubt we'd get a plastic warp spiders kit otherwise. Probably same reason unit variants are being introduced for the Shining Spears and Wraithguard too.

As for the flyers - word has it GW decided to stop plastic-ifying Forgeworld kits - my guess is that they felt that replacing the original resin kit was wasting an investment when they could introduce a new type of plastic flyer, gain similar sales to what a plastic Nightwing would've gotten, and still profit from the resin Nightwing kit.

Archon Charybdis
07-21-2012, 12:08 PM
A google search of Everguard only brought up homebrew stuff; have they ever actually been in the fluff or are they just a fan creation?

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
07-21-2012, 12:15 PM
A google search of Everguard only brought up homebrew stuff; have they ever actually been in the fluff or are they just a fan creation?:P Read Gresha's post; they've been seen before. I checked; they're in the fluff part of the 'dex.

Archon Charybdis
07-21-2012, 01:34 PM
:P Read Gresha's post; they've been seen before. I checked; they're in the fluff part of the 'dex.

Saying there's a single picture in the current codex doesn't tell me if they were ever detailed in older fluff. There are several fan made stat lines for them floating around and each of them has completely different fluff, so it sounds to me as though anything about them other than their appearance and name is entirely a fan fabrication.

TashaG
07-22-2012, 01:40 PM
I spent a fair bit of time trying to find out what a Xentarch is and finally sent a letter off to a friend that deals with the history of the Eastern Roman Empire to find out. I think GW may have finally made up a word. More likely it's just what exarch is in another language.

Xentarch may be a madeup word that GW will trademark. Kind of like Intel did with the Pentium. The better to squish parts of the 3rd party casting trade (new designs not the counterfeits).

It's really mind boggling that GW would make product and then sit on it for 6months or more. Basically tying up a bunch of money in stock that no one can buy. I guess I am too used to the Tech Trade where any product sitting in a werehouse is potential e-waste and not sales.

Psychosplodge
07-23-2012, 01:42 AM
$41.53 USD, 22 Russian Rubles, a cell phone that is not long for this world, and a private ballet lesson.

So about £3.50? :rolleyes: :D

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-23-2012, 01:44 AM
So about £3.50? :rolleyes: :D

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/250/897/8e8.jpg

Psychosplodge
07-23-2012, 01:57 AM
I line them up....you just knock them out for six...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-23-2012, 02:04 AM
Quote all the memes!

Cap'nSmurfs
07-23-2012, 11:03 AM
"Exarch" is the same in any language. It's a Greek term. It means "external-ruler" as in a provincial governor, or in this case, the head of a distinct shrine (like an autarch is a sole/self-ruler - most of the Eldar titles are Greek, like archon and dracon for the DE - I used to get a little smile when I saw "archon" come up in Byzantine texts). It doesn't get translated. It's still Greek whatever territory you're in.

My conjecture is that whoever saw this, either didn't get a good glimpse, wasn't familiar with the term, or forgot how to spell what they saw. It happens.

Defenestratus
07-24-2012, 08:42 AM
What a pleasant surprise to see upon my return to the States.

/me starts squirreling money away from the wife's prying eyes

Bigred
07-25-2012, 06:13 PM
OP Updated - TONS of new details on the previous minis - still zero rules.

Some odd names there, proceed with due diligence.

gresha
07-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Please tell me that Mini Avatar isn't replacing the full sized one we currently have....

Archon Charybdis
07-25-2012, 07:45 PM
The twinge of new units being forced into old fluff aside, I mostly like what I hear about the models. God help me though, I REALLY hope Xentarch is still some sort of translation error.

Kyban
07-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Maybe Xentarch is some sort of HQ version of an Exarch?

Bigred
07-25-2012, 10:15 PM
I bet its just a trademark-able replacement for exarch (which is a real word). Have you noticed how the last few codices are filled with oddly spelled unit names for common words (Wych, Spyder, for example).

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-25-2012, 11:58 PM
Intriguing, kinda screws all the lore over though. Gav Thorpe will have to re-write all of his books. xD

Cap'nSmurfs
07-26-2012, 03:26 AM
Wyches have been wyches since 1998. Mysspelledde naymes is just a 40k thing. :)

These things sound lovely - those 'xentarchs' (i stand by my opinion on that) sound an awful lot like new Phoenix lord sculpts rather than anything else. I could be wrong. I hope I'm not because although those sculpts are well loved classics, they don't really stand up to a lot of the new stuff.

DrLove42
07-26-2012, 03:29 AM
Agree mini avaater better not replace current. Or i'll just keep using my FW one.... And the introduction of a squad of mini avatars will suggest some sweeping fluff changes in places

As for the other thing....horse legs and bird body? What? I'm not convinced

I just live in hope that my collection of wraithlords don't get nerfed into unusability

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-26-2012, 03:31 AM
You should be more positive Doc. :p

DrLove42
07-26-2012, 03:34 AM
I am. Eldar might actually get to be useful...

But in reality. The models will be Jes most likely and rock.

As for the dex Phil Kelly prolly won't redo his own work, leaving Cruddance or Ward. Which suggests a slightly unbalenced book, where in each slot theres one obvious choice, that is likely the new model, and the old stuff is screwed into uselesness

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-26-2012, 03:37 AM
My Eldar are useful now, I have not lost a game with them. :p

DrLove42
07-26-2012, 03:39 AM
Have you played a game with them yet?

Psychosplodge
07-26-2012, 03:41 AM
Mere technicalities? lamo

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-26-2012, 03:42 AM
Have you played a game with them yet?

I've played 5, won every one.

Marines x2
Guard
Eldar
Sisters

Diagnosis Ninja
07-26-2012, 03:43 AM
If those descriptions are accurate, I might be buying enough Eldar that I can use my Dark Eldar as allies instead.

Defenestratus
07-26-2012, 04:34 AM
yowzers.

I'm all about swooping hawks with missile racks on their shoulders. All about a close combat jump troop (everguard) and this wraithlord/warwalker hybrid sounds, intriguing.

Not too thrilled that the Avatar is shrinking.

Overalll, seems like Eldar are really getting some great treatment.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-26-2012, 04:44 AM
Could the Avatar get any smaller?

Defenestratus
07-26-2012, 04:50 AM

Well the metal one was already "unimposing". The FW version was at least a size worthy of his stature.

We'll just have to see.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-26-2012, 04:53 AM
Yeah, "I don't always use an Avatar but when I do it's Forge World". :D

Anggul
07-26-2012, 05:31 AM

The Avatar used to be about that size, before the 2nd ed codex it was bigger than most things, but not big like it is now, it was really strong, but it was just as dedicated to being a strategic leader as a close combat monster. More of an Independent Character than a Monstrous Creature.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-26-2012, 05:35 AM
Path of the Warrior described the Avatar as having a cloak as well, how does that work? He's on fire?

DrLove42
07-26-2012, 05:42 AM
Well if the avatar gets smaller I hope FW release a data sheet for their "greater Avatar".

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-26-2012, 05:49 AM
Oh gods, this reminds me of that frigging SUPER C'TAN thread. :rolleyes:

eldargal
07-26-2012, 06:03 AM
I'm not convinced about the Avatar getting smaller, unless there are two kinds of Avatar. It just makes no sense, in all the background it is depicted as being huge.

The rest of it is all fairly credible, and the lack of rules is consistent with someone who is just seeing boxes not a rulebook.

Still not getting my hopes up but it all sounds fairly impressive. I'm not particularly surprised at Eldar getting such attention, they are usually the second or third best selling army after SM and sometimes IG depending on the age of their codex.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-26-2012, 06:04 AM
If they make Falcons and Wave Serpents better then I shall be a very happy chappy.

Autarch
07-26-2012, 06:26 AM
Wow. I'm so excited. It looks like they are definitely doing Exodites. I cannot wait to see these models!

Defenestratus
07-26-2012, 06:31 AM
If they make Falcons and Wave Serpents better then I shall be a very happy chappy.

better in what way? Model or rules?

I'm pretty happy with both models. The falcon chassis has aged very well.

The rules however... can a brother get BS4? Please?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-26-2012, 06:34 AM
Rules, I too like the chassis.

I want a good points:value ratio. They're both FAR too expensive for what they do.

bfmusashi
07-26-2012, 07:18 AM
"Exarch" is the same in any language. It's a Greek term. It means "external-ruler" as in a provincial governor, or in this case, the head of a distinct shrine (like an autarch is a sole/self-ruler - most of the Eldar titles are Greek, like archon and dracon for the DE - I used to get a little smile when I saw "archon" come up in Byzantine texts). It doesn't get translated. It's still Greek whatever territory you're in.

My conjecture is that whoever saw this, either didn't get a good glimpse, wasn't familiar with the term, or forgot how to spell what they saw. It happens.

It's not outside possibility for the word to be altered in different languages, old maps and charts are replete with names that were altered significantly when they changed languages. I don't read a lot of German (as I do not have the knack) but I genuinely didn't know how they deal with the "Ex" sound or if it even exists in their language.

tanonymus
07-26-2012, 07:25 AM
"Ex" in german is pronounced exactly as you would in english. Maybe because of it having the same, ancient roots.

BigGrim
07-26-2012, 07:44 AM
Path of the Warrior described the Avatar as having a cloak as well, how does that work? He's on fire?

He's an iron statue filled with molton iron. The embodiment of a God. And the fact he can have a cloak is the bit you have a hard time believing? :D

Well if the avatar gets smaller I hope FW release a data sheet for their "greater Avatar".

I can't believe the Avatar is getting smaller. The different name has me thinking this is a different unit.

The rules however... can a brother get BS4? Please?

All Eldar vehicles and jetbikes need BS 4. That would adequately show their advanced targeting systems in my opinion.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-26-2012, 07:48 AM
I only have enough room in my head for the minor details. :p

eldargal
07-26-2012, 08:07 AM
The falcon chassis sprue(s) need a recut, there are some significant gaps between the body and cabin parts in the rear and the sprue could be arranged much more efficiently allowing for more bits. The chimera and leman russ kits were recut so I wouldn't be surprised if it happens to Eldar eventually too.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-26-2012, 08:09 AM
The falcon chassis sprue(s) need a recut, there are some significant gaps between the body and cabin parts in the rear and the sprue could be arranged much more efficiently allowing for more bits. The chimera and leman russ kits were recut so I wouldn't be surprised if it happens to Eldar eventually too.

You're forgetting a crucial point, Eldar aren't in the Imperium. :p
Everyone knows that only Imperial models get recuts.

Defenestratus
07-26-2012, 08:12 AM
I can't tell you how happy I am to hear about an assault jump troop unit. I hope that they wont have dumb rules.

Does anyone think that some of the unit names sound a bit ... Matt Ward-ish?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-26-2012, 08:14 AM
Yep! And for that I am utterly thankful. I am really coming around to the idea that Mat Ward is a good guy. :D

Defenestratus
07-26-2012, 08:18 AM
Yep! And for that I am utterly thankful. I am really coming around to the idea that Mat Ward is a good guy. :D

I tend to like his rules - but I fear for the fluff. The Eldar fluff is well established and not in need of "changes" the likes of which we saw for BA's and GK's.

eldargal
07-26-2012, 08:18 AM
No, not really, they are all consistent with existing naming conventions and one (Everguard) already exists.:)

I can't tell you how happy I am to hear about an assault jump troop unit. I hope that they wont have dumb rules.

Does anyone think that some of the unit names sound a bit ... Matt Ward-ish?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-26-2012, 08:19 AM
Whereas Necron fluff change was much needed. I respect him for what he has done to that book, truly brilliant piece of work.

eldargal
07-26-2012, 08:20 AM
Yes his Necron stuff was great, even the bit about Eldar (being undone by their own arrogance > acting like Orks) and what little SoB fluff there was was a big improvement too, implicitly retconning their numbers to make it believable (innumerable smaller Orders with low hundreds not just the big four with a few thousand).

Even his BA and GK stuff wasn't all bad, it was just a few very bad bits that drew a lot of attention.

Kyban
07-26-2012, 08:22 AM
I'm okay with most of his fluff but then he keeps throwing in weird things that just don't fit.

He even throws in little links between the codices that are kind of neat.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-26-2012, 08:23 AM
The only fluff bits that I disagree with are Draigo, and the Bloodtide thing.

Archon Charybdis
07-26-2012, 08:36 AM
As far as this Avatar of the Young King, I'd be surprised if it weren't an entirely new unit, separate from the normal Avatar of Khaine. As big of a background change as it is, I'm intrigued by the idea of varying degrees of waking the Avatar.

Also, I doubt Xentarch is a new word for Phoenix Lord. Phoenix Lord I imagine would already be copyright ready, and they also describe Nuadhu as a Phoenix Lord (and do describe him as being in Shining Spear armor, so that has the potential to be really badass).

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-26-2012, 08:38 AM
Have you never heard of the Court of the Young King?
I have one in my EPIC Eldar army. Tiny Avatar is cuuuuuuuuuute. :3

DrLove42
07-26-2012, 08:57 AM
Yeah in established fuff the "Young King" is the sacrfice used to awaken the avatar for war.

The "court" of the young king is the group that supports and protects him (or her!).

Maybe they'll be a new aspect. Not actually avatars, but stylised to look like him, and serve a role on the battlefield.

As for Ward. I like 75% of his stuff. His fluff can be a bit off, so apprehenisve on that. What bigs me are his rules. Theres some stuff that is broken beyond belief, some stuff that are "must takes" in an army, and some stuff that you'd not use for anything but very fluffy armies

eldargal
07-26-2012, 08:59 AM
His rules have improved too, though. There aren't many dud units or must-have units in the Necron codex, just lots of nifty things (or so it appears to me, I don't play Necrons).

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-26-2012, 09:00 AM
As for Ward. I like 75% of his stuff. His fluff can be a bit off, so apprehenisve on that. What bigs me are his rules. Theres some stuff that is broken beyond belief, some stuff that are "must takes" in an army, and some stuff that you'd not use for anything but very fluffy armies

But if everyone is broken then surely everyone is balanced? BOOM.

DrLove42
07-26-2012, 09:03 AM
Ward captures a certain "craziness" thats missing. Stuff that makes you double take when you see what it can for the first time.

In the Nec codex theres some stuff that i've never seen anyone taken (C'tan shards spring to mind immedietly as do some of the lesser known Crypteks, flayed ones, doomsday arks) and then theres the stuff that everyone takes (Crpteks with Solar flares, scarabs, annihalation barges, mindshackle scarabs)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-26-2012, 09:07 AM
I've used Flayed Ones, I used them to bog an enemy unit down, they actually won combat in fairness.

I use Orikan now that he has a model, Szeras is used in small games, and I use all of the named Lords fairly frequently.

Basically I've taken full advantage of the Necron Codex. :D

Kyban
07-26-2012, 09:08 AM
His rules have improved too, though. There aren't many dud units or must-have units in the Necron codex, just lots of nifty things (or so it appears to me, I don't play Necrons).

Yeah, the Necron codex is pretty balanced, there are some units that people swear by but they aren't taken to the exclusion of anything else and still not really overpowered. There are a few units that aren't taken as often though, but for various reasons.

Kyban
07-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Ward captures a certain "craziness" thats missing. Stuff that makes you double take when you see what it can for the first time.

Yeah, people definitely get a shock the first time they see a few of the units in action.

In the Nec codex theres some stuff that i've never seen anyone taken (C'tan shards spring to mind immedietly as do some of the lesser known Crypteks, flayed ones, doomsday arks) and then theres the stuff that everyone takes (Crpteks with Solar flares, scarabs, annihalation barges, mindshackle scarabs)

Not everyone takes those, I only have the MSS out of that list and I win most of my games.

Fortunato
07-26-2012, 09:21 AM
Have you never heard of the Court of the Young King?
I have one in my EPIC Eldar army. Tiny Avatar is cuuuuuuuuuute. :3

I agree! Long live the chibitar! :D

Oh, and regarding the Avatar's cloak, perhaps it is woven from a metallic thread!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-26-2012, 09:27 AM

Oh, and regarding the Avatar's cloak, perhaps it is woven from a metallic thread!

AH!

That could be right, it'd certainly suit the tricksy Eldar. :p

Xenith
07-26-2012, 09:44 AM

Or perhaps some kind of flexible resilient plastic mesh :rolleyes:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Mesh_armour#.UBFljWEe36U

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-26-2012, 09:48 AM
I prefer METAL CLOAK. :D

gresha
07-26-2012, 10:35 AM
I don't mind the idea of the Young King model/unit but I just don't want it to flat out replace the Avatar we have now. I really do think that if you take an Avatar as an HQ you should unlock an option like the Dark Eldar Archon or Necron Overlord Court but made of Exarchs (though we're more likely to see that treatment given to Farseer's and Seer Councils).

I'm very pumped for a Close Combat jump unit of Everguard and Warp Spiders sound interesting.

When I saw the Swooping Hawks Shoulder Missile Thingy the first thing that popped into my head is something around a 12" Assault 2 Haywire kinda weapon. That could make that squad incredibly dangerous.

Cataphracts sound like an interesting concept but what bothers me is that its a dual kit with only 3 Wraithguard per box. That has me worried about Wraithguard's point cost not getting adjusted to favor us and Cataphracts being a pricey unit. Maybe Wraithguard will get the Necron Wraith Treatment where they were kinda small and then got blow way to large out of proportion.

Diagnosis Ninja
07-27-2012, 01:26 AM
Alternatively, "The entire squad can throw grenades, instead of just one bad gato".

Archon Charybdis
07-27-2012, 10:53 AM
40K Deep Thought, if Nuahu Fireheart really has been upgraded to Nuahu The Fireheart, Phoenix Lord of the Shining Spears ... shouldn't he and Fuegan switch titles?

Mr Mystery
07-27-2012, 11:39 AM
Still not buying these rumours. All seems too far off. Plus as far as I'm aware, no one rumoured the Daemons...