PDA

View Full Version : 6th Ed Cluster Fudge

Panxer
07-18-2012, 09:50 AM
Is anyone out there confused about the new USR's in relation to their respective codex and/or their army's FAQ?

Example: Tau Empire Codex: Armory: Black Sun Filters: States that models equipped with BSF's avoid night fight, and only models with BSF's ignore this rule.

Games Workshop FAQ: Tau Empire Codex: States in the BSF entry, that a model equipped with a BSF now has 'Night Vision' special rule.

WH 40k Rule Book: USR Section: 'Night Vision Entry'- States that as long as one model in the unit has this USR, then the whole unit is given this special ability.

Where I get confused:
Codex+FAQ: Only models equipped with BSF's have 'night vision' USR
40k Rule Book: If a single model in the unit has the Night Vision USR, then the whole unit has the USR

I've reached a logical paradox and have no idea on how to play this.

Anyone else out there that can either clarify, or has a similar situation with their army and the new rules?

Kyban
07-18-2012, 10:05 AM
IIRC the FAQ replaces the codex description which would just strait up give them night vision, so the whole unit would benefit from the blacksun filter.

Gloomfang
07-18-2012, 10:08 AM
I am not seeing an issue. Codex says a unit has BSF. FAQ says BSF now have Night Vision USR. BRB says Night Vision USR states that as long as any member of at unit has the Night Vision USR treat all models as if they have the USR.

The Codex and FAQ gives the specific model the USR. The USR gives it to others in the unit.

Works the same way with Infiltrate.

Panxer
07-18-2012, 11:44 AM
I am not seeing an issue. Codex says a unit has BSF. FAQ says BSF now have Night Vision USR. BRB says Night Vision USR states that as long as any member of at unit has the Night Vision USR treat all models as if they have the USR.

The Codex and FAQ gives the specific model the USR. The USR gives it to others in the unit.

Works the same way with Infiltrate.

Roger that. I'll play it that way. Watch in six months it'll get clarified as the opposite.

I recommend reading the Tau FAQ. It's clear as mud. It doesn't address or replace the 'only the model equipped with the BSF has the night vision USR' part of the codex. It just states that the 'night fight' is now called 'night vision'

Kyban
07-18-2012, 11:47 AM
Roger that. I'll play it that way. Watch in six months it'll get clarified as the opposite.

I recommend reading the Tau FAQ. It's clear as mud. It doesn't address or replace the 'only the model equipped with the BSF has the night vision USR' part of the codex. It just states that the 'night fight' is now called 'night vision'

The FAQ replaces it though, so you would just ignore anything in the codex.

DarkLink
07-18-2012, 03:09 PM
BSF grants night vision to one model in the unit. If one model in the unit has night vision, the whole squad benefits. Simple. There's no paradox there.