PDA

View Full Version : Aegis shield wall + Gun emplacement

Melon-neko
07-16-2012, 06:37 PM
So, on page 96, the rules for gun emplacements all refer to being mounted on/in a building. Obviously, the aegis shield wall is not a building, it is a battle field debris (Defence Line).

There are also rules for battlefield debris gun emplacements(pg 105), which do not have automatic fire, only manual fire. I would like for the aegis shield walls gun emplacement to have automatic fire like the other buildings, but it doesn't look that way. Since the aegis shield wall is not a building, and the gun should be targetable I have to think we are meant to use those rules for it (has a statline also, same as artillery)

Anyway, I was just wondering how other people were planning on playing it and if I had missed something somewhere. I was considering using a shield line with my nid army but primarily for anti-air fire (i know lots of people were) but it doesn't seem to work

DarkLink
07-16-2012, 09:38 PM
I believe you are correct.

Drakkan Vael
07-17-2012, 06:06 AM
I believe you are correct.

Me too.

Two solutions: Either get a bastion or place a unit next to the emplaced gun. To use it.

Gloomfang
07-18-2012, 08:36 AM
So, on page 96, the rules for gun emplacements all refer to being mounted on/in a building. Obviously, the aegis shield wall is not a building, it is a battle field debris (Defence Line).

There are also rules for battlefield debris gun emplacements(pg 105), which do not have automatic fire, only manual fire. I would like for the aegis shield walls gun emplacement to have automatic fire like the other buildings, but it doesn't look that way. Since the aegis shield wall is not a building, and the gun should be targetable I have to think we are meant to use those rules for it (has a statline also, same as artillery)

Anyway, I was just wondering how other people were planning on playing it and if I had missed something somewhere. I was considering using a shield line with my nid army but primarily for anti-air fire (i know lots of people were) but it doesn't seem to work

Your misreading the FAQ. Look at it again. Nids can not fire EMPLACED WEAPONS. Nids can fire GUN EMPLACEMENTS.

So Gun Emplacements can only be manually fired and they are always targetable. Any unit in BtB can fire it with thier BS (even Nids as our FAQ only says Weapon Emplacemetns). The only two Gun Emplacements right now are the Quad-gun and the ILC. (Gun Emplacements are on pg 105.)

Emplaced Weapons have autofire and manual fire. Nids can not manualy fire Emplaced Weapons. Emplaced weapons can not be targeted, only the building they are in can be targeted. Emplaced Weapons are HB, Fragstorm Missles and TL ILC. (pg.96 for Emplaced Weapon Rules)

What weapons are what are found in the Fortification section on pg114-117. It is clearly spelt out.

Don't give Nids a nerf that does not exist.