PDA

View Full Version : 600 point daemons- but which god??

commissar camenzuli
07-16-2012, 12:16 PM
hey guys and gals.
i decided to start a chaoticly chaotic chaos daemons army (and you all thought i wass gonna say chaos! nah just kidding, obvioyusly daemons from the title), but im struggling with a good list and god. i thought nurgle but in 6th feel no pain has been killed.
here is my nurgle list:
HQ- Herald of nurgle with palanquin of nurgle, breath of chaos, noxious touch and unholy might = 115pts
TROOPS- 5 plauge bearers with noxious touch = 110pts
5 plauge bearers with noxious touch = 110pts
HEAVY SUPPORT- Soul grinder with phlegm and toungue = 185pts
ELITES- 2 beatst of nurgle with noxious touch = 80pts
that eaquals exactly 600 points. but I don't know wether i have chosen gthe right god, and if its a decent list. but i have to limit it to 600 points and school league rules: 1 HQ, 2 TROOPS compulsory, can have 1 ELITE and HEAVY SUPPORT or FAST ATTACK. But only that.
please temm me your suggestions, and anyone in the uk with daemons for sale please PM me!!!

Kyban
07-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Pretty sure plague bearers can't run anymore so watch out for blast weapons after deep-striking.

commissar camenzuli
07-16-2012, 12:23 PM
i wouldnt deep strike them, or is that compulsory??? i havent got the daemons codex i was just borrowing it but i dont have it no more. but im gettin it this weekend. but is it a good list???

Kyban
07-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Yeah, all daemons deep-strike. The list seems decent but I don't play daemons so I can't really say with any certainty.

commissar camenzuli
07-16-2012, 12:43 PM
what on turn two??? i have nothing that can start??? thats not good when i play space wolves or blood angels!!!

Kyban
07-16-2012, 12:44 PM
No, half your army deepstrikes first turn. You roll to see which half, preferred half on a 3+ IIRC.

commissar camenzuli
07-16-2012, 12:51 PM
ah. so in my army i could deep strike on a 3+ one plauge bearer squad and the herald of nurgle, and let the rest deal with it!

Maine
07-16-2012, 05:32 PM
I believe how it works is:

- You must split your army into two parts, each of which must consist of at least 1/3 of your units.
- On turn 1, you designate which of the two sections you wish to roll for; on a 3+ that section enters by deep strike, on a 1-2 the other one does.

Melon-neko
07-16-2012, 06:22 PM
On turn 1 you split your army into 2 parts that are as even as possible. Then choose 1 half that you want to come into play. Roll a d6, on a 3+ the half you chose comes into play, otherwise the other half does. All daemons come into play using the deep strike rules.

Daemons cane be very painful to play sometimes. I enjoy them, but i just wouldn't bother to play eldar wave serpent spam with my nurgle army in 5th ed (i refused to take soulgrinders though, they probably help in the shooting department)

Brandoncbaker
07-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Feel no pain is dead? Ahhh with T 5 which gives you the ability to FNP on anything short of a rail gun. I'd say Nurgle feel no pain is still pretty great.

commissar camenzuli
07-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Yer but on a 5+??? Its very unlikely. And my mate said its a crap list. I like this one i made on battlescribe.
HQ (295pts)

Bloodthirster (295pts) Blessing of the Blood God (5pts), Death Strike (20pts), Unholy Might (20pts)

Elites (50pts)

Bloodcrusher of Khorne (50pts) Bloodcrusher (40pts), Fury of Khorne (10pts)

Troops (255pts)

Bloodletters of Khorne (170pts) 10x Bloodletter (160pts), Fury of Khorne (10pts)

Bloodletters of Khorne (85pts) 5x Bloodletter (80pts), Instrument of Chaos